Spelman College Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting Culture
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2016
Working at a private HBCU was an experience like no other! You are able to make the experience your own and meet some amazing people along the way.
Housing
Housing Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
To obtain a position of responsibility. To utilize my skills in providing excellent customer service, organizing, instructing and being a diligent and skillful employee. To acquire knowledge in the health industry for the future goal of becoming a Nurse midwife.
Don't Do It
Dean of Students (former) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
Horrible place to work. No upward advancement. Politics is constantly at 1,000. No recognition of great work. Empty promises from supervisors. Much gossip from the President down to the students. No upper administration accountability. Horrible business practices that fluctuate depending on the circumstance.
Cons
No advancement.
College
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
College is college. its a hit or a miss and I loved everyday here from the smallest task to the largest just wish I had money to pay my tuition I would go back for sure.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
My experience working as a receptionist at Spelman College was an overall successful experience. I was responsible for greeting guest, running errands, and filing paperwork.
Pros
I was able to work on my homework during downtime.
Cons
No health benefits.
Spelman College
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2016
Working for my college has been an awarding experience. I have made life long relationships with the people I have worked with and would recommend anyone to them.
easy, and relaxed setting
Residence Hall Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2016
You sign in the guest of the residence in the building. You are able to do your school work and study. make sure you bring entertainment, the job can get lonely sometimes.
Great learning experience
Health and Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
This internship became a passion of mines. Being at the college and learning the technology to help people and their health issues was extremely insightful. Helping others with their fitness goals and monitoring them along their journey as a supporter was an amazing feeling. I gained new knowledge everyday and solidified what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Great Culture, Awesome Benefits (Time Off)
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
Great Culture, meet students and teachers from all over the world. There was always something happen different and new.
Pros
Time Off durning the holiday, Great Health and Wellness, Great Culture
Cons
Uncomfortable when express yourself
Dull, lifeless
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2015
In a phone call you are told specifically how to handle a situation and who should be told specific information. The instructions were direct and precise. People that had nothing to do with the situation felt left out. If you are not involving those that want to know everything with nothing to gain you are in the wrong.
Cool Tech TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Windows Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
Small shop at a private liberal arts college. Opportunity to work with different tech is great. Then you have to deal with the management. No policy making or standardization with a high level of Micromanagement. Technical Expertise and Experience is not valued as management does not listen to the technicians.
Pros
Learning different Technology, Wear many hats
Cons
the Management
Great learning experience
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Helped learn how to manage time and prioritize. A typical day at work consisted of copying and printing documents, communicating with residents, making phone calls, and maintaining residence halls.
Productive and fun environment
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work may include signing in students and staff/faculty. While working here I learned various at home and in the gym workouts suitable for all ages. The most enjoyable part of the job were the staff.
Pros
Free workout equipment, free health education, flexible school and work scheduling
Inspirational work place
Data Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
The opportunity to work with a group of people that not only supported the students but the employees also made my days a joy.
Productive Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GaFebruary 26, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. I didn't work there long, it was a temporary assignment. If I was able to work for the company full time I would defiantly go back.
Excellent environment to encourage continuing education
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Spelman is an excellent academic institution and an excellent employer. As a recruiter, a typical work day included conversations with department heads concerning their staffing needs. Screening resume's and applications through a variety of sources to identify qualified applicants. Scheduling face-to-face interviews, phone interviews, and testing.

The management team was very supportive and the campus is very encouraging for positive growth.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
tenure system
Great cafeteria, awesome wellness program
Executive Housekeeper/President of College (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
It has been a great learning experience working for Spelman College. It's a historical Black College, famous people come to the college on a regular basis. I have attended conversations with book authors, met Presidents of other countries,I have watched freshmen girls come in and grow up in four years, ready to go change the world.
Pros
i am on my own time schedule, doing my job the way i know it works.
Cons
had to go through process to get items i needed for house.
My Experience at Spelman College Work-Study
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2015
My job experience as a laboratory assistant was fun. I had a chance to work with other students and to work with many chemicals. I also set-up different laboratories. Working at Spelman College I was able to focus on my homework. I also learn about different chemicals
Spelman College is a great place to work
Financial Aid Dept.- Admin. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2014
I enjoy my job; working with students and others make my work satisfying.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
raises can be small and far in between
Great institution for new professionals
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2014
Typical 7 hour work day
Learned management skills and how to think outside the box
Most enjoyable part of the job with completing the logistics for campus events

Spelman College Reviews by Location