Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
Great fun place to work. Loved my coworkers great environment fast paced good people good customers I really enjoyed it here. Always felt nice going into work.
Overall cool place to work.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2017
I got the job through Spirit Halloween, I applied for a permanent position, but they only keep me for the Holidays. I was written off the scheduled, along with a couple other employees. Very fun, everyone has each others backs. Simple work for newbies. Even when the store is packed the crew keeps calms and pushes throw. This job wasn't difficult at all and the discounts are great. I just wish they were more honest. If you hire someone for a PERMANENT, don't use that as your way to get more seasonal employees.
Laid back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 22, 2017
Working at Spencers was really laid back. As long as you were friendly to the customers and willing to help them when needed, they would pretty much always buy something. You weren't paid by commission, but it always felt good to sell something, satisfy a customer.
Spencer's becomes a party.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed and loved working at Spencer's. Right away started in management but I can say it was easy to pick up the work there. Everyday is something new and getting customers to buy more than what they actually came for was a great feeling, up-selling was the best part, its not a mandatory thing but its always great to help your store meet its daily sales goals. We had competitions with other stores within the district and that was honestly extremely fun they did come with rewards for both management and sales associates!!
Pros
Discount, co-workers, management, competitions & rewards
Cons
Immature kids
Insensitive
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 18, 2017
I was basically told that I would be fired if I cried in front of a customer again because it happened before. I quit because how can anyone guarantee that sort of thing? I was going through a lot at the time.
Easy job!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 18, 2017
Great work environment! Been there over 2 years and I love it! Plenty of room for advancement and quickly. Wish pay was better but understandable for retail
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
The job was amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 17, 2017
I always love to go to this job every morning or afternoon, this job was more of my "get away" place because this job was actually really fun. From what I learned from this job was that retail customer service is really tricky, but with a lot of patience, things would go smoothly. The management was outstanding, they're understanding and reliable when it comes to rescheduling my days to come in and work, they treated everyone with respect and modesty. The workplace culture there was a small retail store that sales accessories and clothes. The most enjoyable part of the job was basically everything.
Pros
The job, the money and the environment
Good If You Really Need The Money
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2017
Very rigid and strict work environment. You must never be late and if you are you have to walk in another entrance. You cannot take your cell phone out your pocket, the atmosphere is hot, and there is not a lot of room for growth
Good
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2017
The place is really good to work for for nice people and workers. The work is,easy but fast past they do there best to get you 40+ hours Hr is great too.
Acceptance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 16, 2017
The environment of Spencer's is welcoming to all kinds of people. If you work there or if you're a customer, everyone is welcome. There is something for everyone to find and employee's don't judge or make fun of customers.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Great Job for those beginning retail experience. Easy training and great with advancement programs. Always understanding of any situations or circumstances.
Pros
The pay
productive
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2017
Typical day we would show up in the morning clock in and start stocking the items for the pickers so that they can pick them and restock when things would start running low.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  NCJune 14, 2017
Super fun place to work, good work/life balance, not much hours, fun job to interact with people, okay management, nothing hard about job, some interesting items being sold.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not much hours
Fun Job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 14, 2017
While I disagreed with quite a few of the verbage tees we had that depicted pretty gross things, the environment was fun to work in. I would work here again!
Working generally with the public visiting the State Fair.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BelAir, MDJune 12, 2017
Again I loved working with the families visiting the Maryland State Fair. I was in 4H at the time and I would tour people around the exhibits, answer any questions they had and helped the judges get organized while the show was going on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Seasonal Job
Great people to work with but not always the most polite customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working with the people I did and the work was reasonable. The only thing I didn't like was the pay and some of the irresponsible customers.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
high customers, underage kids messing with things
Spencer's
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 7, 2017
A very fun place to work with amazing people.
Management could be better when I worked there but otherwise things were done in a timely manner.
Hourly pay is low in comparison to other retail jobs.
laid back job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 7, 2017
Easy going job with simple duties such as: unloading the shipments, stocking the shelves, helping customers find what they are looking for, and running the cash register.
fun job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The atmosphere was always amazing from both customers and co-workers. Working here you met such a diverse group of people from all walks of life.
An all around wonderful experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 6, 2017
For being my first job I don't think I would have chose any other. they were patient, kind, understanding, as well as helped me in any way possible...
Pros
discounts on items in stores as well as food discounts.
Cons
More hours wouldn't hurt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer's Gifts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9