Spencer's Gifts

Spencer's Gifts United States Employee Reviews

It was a great places
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), North Little Rock MallApril 7, 2015
It was a good experience but being a mother I needed something that isn't that environment. The manager was very understanding.
Good but a bit boring
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 6, 2015
Days were ok. There was very little that needed to be done on a typical day and this made it boring over all. The co-workers were great and we taught each other a lot. Management was great and willing to work around school schedules.
Fun to work....not fun for wallet
Supervisor (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fun Enviorment
Cons: Low Pay
Spencers Is a very fun place to work with a vast variety of customers that visit. Although it does not pay well due to being a mall job.
Nice if you have a second job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good discounts, fun workplace
Cons: minuscule hours, no job advancement, very little pay
Unless you intend on applying for management you had better make sure that you have a second job. There is little to no chance of job advancement unless you get in there at the absolute right time. Regular shifts only run 4 to 6 hours and you generally only get 8 hours a week.
Busy enviroment. No time to be slow, production is always coming in.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2015
I liked this job, other than working in a warehouse, with a lot of people, during the summer. It was hot, but it was work so I dealt with it. Other than that it was a good environment to work in.
Work days
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flint, MIMarch 8, 2015
I make sure that the customers always come first and are always happy and I do whatever it takes to make sure that happens.
Interesting
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), fort wayne, inFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: decent discounts, fun managment
Cons: short breaks, bad location
Very interesting place to work, The people are amazing, but the one big con about working there is that it is located in the mall.
Fun place to work with very supportive co-workers.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: decent employee discount. steady hours for management.
Cons: low hours for assosicates
I have spent over 6 years with this company and I appreciate them for helping to form me into the hard working employee I am. This company is great to work for while going to school or needing part time work,
Poor management, hardly any hours but fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 10 percent off items
Cons: we had to be thouroughly searched before we left the store, we were never scheduled more than 4.5 hours per shift.
I would clock in, review the daily planner, put shipment away, help customers, cash customers out, fold clothing, and clean the store.
There was normally only one sales associate per 4 hour shift and one person of management per shift.
We were only given 4.5 hour shifts two to three days a week. We never worked more than 9-13 hours per week.
Fun at workplace,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: 35% discount on all merchandise for employees.
Cons: short breaks
To be honest, I had a lot of fun working at Spencer's Gifts. I learned a hand full of useful tips while working there. My supervisors were pretty cool and definitely knew how to lead us. My co-workers were also very cool. We got a lot accomplished while working. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was remembering where everything went. And the most enjoyable part of the job, was interacting with the guests as soon as they walked in.
Fun Environment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Monaca, PAFebruary 11, 2015
It is a very laid back environment but when works needs to be done it is top priority. Co-workers become great friends. Most of the time you will only work four hours shifts. Though, sometimes you may get lucky and get a six hour shift.
Sales Supervisor
Sales Supervior (Current Employee), Temecula, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very fun, lots of experience
Cons: little pay, no benefits, not enough hours
I have learned a lot since starting here. I started as a Seasonal Associate. They kept me as a Sales Associate and then I promoted two years later to a Sales Supervisor. I have learned so much, it was a very fun place to work. The only thing that was bad was that there weren't many hours to be given out.
Great part time employment in a fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Robinson Township, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: fun job, not too strict, lax dress code
Cons: low pay, part time employment, possible embarrassment
Loved this job. My store manager and assistant manager were fantastic. The customers were usually good natured and fun. The products were silly, interseting and erotic. The only draw back was that employment was only part time. We rarely had volitile customers. Answering questions about adult items was awkward at first but I got used to it quickly and am now a lot harder to embarrass. However, anyone who's been in Spencer's knows that typical customers are young teens to young adults. When we were told that we had to push sales on panties, I found it a bit... well, borderline lawsuit. But other than that, the work environment is fun, the people are fantastic and, if you enjoy sales on a part time basis, the job was fantastic.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 28, 2015
I would stock the shelves and assist customers in whatever they would need done.
They will teach you what you need to learn, but be prepared to be called in early on a daily basis.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indiana, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: it's pretty fun just looking at the things people are interested in
Cons: the last minute changes in your schedule
A typical day is to take stock, make sure that everything is well organized, greet and attend to the customers needs/wants, and being polite to every person who walks through the door. You learn about different types of people and how to handle some pretty awkward scenarios. Management is pretty great, but they would tell me one thing about time to work and then call me the next day asking for me to come in. Co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job would be making last minute changes in your schedule and being stuck in some scenarios that might make you feel uncomfortable to the point that you might want to laugh or feel grossed out, but you need to keep it professional and maintain a positive upbeat personality. The most enjoyable part would be helping others out and when they ask for your preference.
fun fast
Cashier (Former Employee), CAJanuary 23, 2015
a fun and fast work environment were you me a lot of cool people
Great work environment but very poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, fun atmosphere
Cons: very poor management
I absolutely loved the atmosphere at this store. For the most part I worked with great people, and always had fun! However, management was poor, and communication was atrocious so getting things accomplished was very hard and corporate didnt really seem all that interested in helping to correct the situation.
Keeping Staff on Task
Counting/delivering deposits to bank
Delegating tasks to associates
Store Manager
Party Host (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: manager
The store Manager, Vicki, made working there unbearable. Everyone else was amazing.
Loved this job!
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Everything about this job I loved. The customers, co-workers, and managers were all great! Being yourself at work is definately something i could get used to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Spencer's Gifts

The teen and young adult years are peppered with trips to mall-based Spencer Gifts for lava lamps, beer pong tables, black lights, – Read more

Spencer's Gifts Salaries