Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Management and coworkers are friendly. Learned how to perform great customer service. There is no hard part in this job if you focus on helping the guest find what they need. A normal starts with greeting guest at door, helping them find what they need, ring them up, and sweep and vacume at the end of the night.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 7, 2016
Started the secondary part of my retail service. Hardest part of the work day was when it was slow. Best part about it is the new experience and meeting new people.
Really Chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 3, 2016
Fun work environment
I learned about retail, sales, and customer service
management was professional and charasmatic
Coworkers were quite characters
Busy, fast paced, very friendly people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day at work is usually started off by being assigned a register and a zone. In that zone I'm to keep it clean, organized, stocked, and I am to inform the guests over the products they're looking at (i.e. how a game is played, how to use a product). In the midst, the manager may have me fold t shirts, reorganize/straighten another zone or even start a floor move.
I've learned more than I can type here, but for starters, I've learned how to be a better associate, given that talking to guest is an absolute must. I've learned that the more you interact, the more happy you are, the more outgoing and bubbly your personality is, the higher chance to make a sale. I've learned how to multitask more efficiently, as well as move more swiftly.
I am under one of the most well-known managers in the Spencer's CO. She has taught me so much and still is teaching me so much more.
The hardest part of the job, for me, is making sure we reach our sales goal while maintaining a positive attitude dealing with rude guests.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping out anyone that needs help
Pros
30% discount on everything
Cons
No hours
I was disappointed with this job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 22, 2016
It was a seasonal job and they were overstaffed and under-managed. It was a simple sales job during the holidays. I learned that not all jobs well managed.
Pros
Discount, Lax environment.
Cons
low pay, changing hours
Never a dull moment.
sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Fun and friendly environment, yet still very productive. There are always new ways to learn and educate the customers and team members.
Nice people and a fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 18, 2016
Honestly such a nice place to work. My boss is super nice and I get along with all my co-workers. I love connecting with customers and seeing the smile on their faces when I help them.
In charge of day to day store activity.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Being an entry level manager helped teach me about what it takes to eventually move up in the company.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2016
It's fun place to work at If you're a student or are looking for a second Job .Very cool and understanding management and a fast place to advance If you're a good employee
Pros
Fun place to work, cool staff and laid back company
Cons
small amount of hours during the week
Spencers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2016
I loved working for spencers! Management was horrible but other than that I had a lot of fun!
I enjoyed almost every minute of this job, It would be a job that would go back to just a different location with hopefully a more mature manager.
Pros
Close to home, great pay, lovely people
Cons
Horrible management, Unprofessional
Great company!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Lots of fun, fun contests! I loved Spencers for a first job it was great, it is minimum wage so the pay isnt too great. You have to be social and outgoing!
everyday is a new challenge
Supply Chain & Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Management is very friendly. Being a seasonal business there is a lot of communication and training that needs to be enforced. Every day is exciting with new challenges.
overall fun place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 8, 2016
My coworkers are fun and easy to get along with, management is handled really well. a Normal day is one of two, really busy or really slow depending on the day of the week. Winning sales contest are the best part of the job, getting to push our sales and bring up our numbers.
Fun work Place
Sales Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Awesome time working there over the years.Never a boring moment that I can recall. Great people that work there just leave it all the more fun.
Pros
Fun times
Cons
People watching
A fun & laid back envoriment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Great people work here. our moto was '' lifes a party, we're making it fun''! so that's exactly how we treat our customers, like its a party
Pros
laid back envoriment
Cons
pay
review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 2, 2016
hard work but enjoyable i like working there and i love the people its an experience im happy too have. and others do as well sometimes theres pressure but its still a good job to work.
very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 21, 2015
if your looking for a place with a interesting environment with good management. Spencer's is a great place to be. the staff is very helpful and inviting to all new employees.
Pros
fun environment. great pay
Cons
short breaks and low hours for sales associates
Great atmosphere and opportunity for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 15, 2015
A typical day at work included supervising the employees in daily routines, such as stocking shelves and customer service.

I learned the importance of managing the employees effectively to provide a friendly atmosphere for the clientele.

My co-workers were all eager to work from day to day. The atmosphere was relaxed, so it made it easier to want to come in from day to day.
Pros
Great place to start in the work force. Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 11, 2015
There were many different people with different interests working at Spencers, but we all got along so well and had fun while working and completing our tasks. I would definetly work here agian!
Fun, laid back environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 9, 2015
Spencer's Gifts is a fun working environment. it is laid back, but at certain times of the week and year like weekends and holidays it can be stressful. we have a lot of fun. we all try to get along and correct each other when it's needed. There are not very many hours which can be stressful when you have bills to pay. a second job is recommended if you choose one of Spencer's Gifts smaller stores. I don't know if it is the same for their larger stores. The pay is ok. it's not great but it's not bad either. They make sure you know the materials. there is many days of training. the pay is biweekly which for a smaller store with little hours is a little paycheck.
Pros
Paid Breaks, laid back
Cons
Low hours, small paychecks