Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews in United States

fun fun fun
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 21, 2016
Loved this job, easiest job ive ever had untill i was moved to management. still loved the job and loved the people co-workers were awesome
easy part time job for outgoing personalities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 21, 2016
Very fun environment, good for somebody who needs a part time job. Not really for somebody who has bills to pay unless your in management. I enjoyed the experience though.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 18, 2016
Days at work are pretty easygoing and I enjoy coming to work. Definitely one job that I have had that I can actually say that I wouldn't mind coming into everyday. The overall environment of the store is very fun and welcoming. Like any other retail job we have our regular customers that come in and make my day even better. Although there were some issues with the store manager they were eventually resolve making coming to work even better.
Pros
Flexible work hours, fun place to work
Cons
Short Breaks, Certain managers were not trained properly
Good company bad pay and management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 18, 2016
Working for Spencer's has been an amazing experience in my life. My staff is fantastic and truly have become like a family to me. I do feel as if you do not get compensated financially for all that is expect of you. What has kept me here for so long is the love i have for my general manager if it was not for her i would of been gone a long time ago. The way the district manager runs her stores is in no way exceptional, she is primarily my reason for looking elsewhere. Overall though Spencer's is not a horrible place to work, if you get in the right store you truly can have an amazing work environment.
Pros
Paid breaks, great people.
Cons
Short breaks, horrible shipments.
Amazing place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 16, 2016
I loved working at Spencer's so much! I worked there for almost a year and couldn't have asked for better management. They were great on working with your schedule and we always had so much fun. My coworkers were amazing and we all learned how to work as a team very well.
Pros
Great work environment, awesome management
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work for Spencer's was enjoyable. I learned more about the retail industry and was able to hold more responsibility because of it. I learned how to check in, separate, and put out a truck order. I also learned and helped with doing an end of the year store audit. The management at this store was amazing. My manager at the time was a very nice person who kept up with you about getting your job done but like to have a good time while we worked. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on all the customers while in the store because of the way it was shaped and we had a petty theft issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist all the nice customers we had come in.
Pros
30% discount on all merchandise
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work with lots of interesting people
Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2016
Spencer's is a good place to work. Management is super understanding and will work with you on scheduling issues. The 30% discount is great and you work with some fun people.
Fun environment, good for students.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 7, 2016
I enjoy working at Spencer's because of the environment. It's fun and laid back, and all my coworkers are great. The biggest problem, however, is that management are constantly under pressure to hire more sales associates even though the ones who are already working there are getting less than 20 hours per week. Don't work here as an associate if you have a lot of bills to pay.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Associates get very few hours
productive and fun work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 7, 2016
always put a smile on my face when I walked in spencer's my boos was awesome loved the people I was around always got our job done and on time
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
reasonable brakes
Ok job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 5, 2016
Everything about this job was great, except for some scheduling issues. When I worked here I was also attending school. On numerous occasions I was scheduled to work during my classes and when brought to the attention of my manager they were unhelpful.
fun environment and good music
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 4, 2016
Assisted all customers with great attitude while promoting any ongoing sales for that day. Also helped with setting up displays throughout store and inventory each week.
Pros
Good music and no strict dress code
Cons
Short breaks
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 3, 2016
Job is very fast paced with many tasks and floor moves but is a very fun store to work in and management staff at my location was excellent.
Compensation for assistant manager is significantly lower than assistant manger positions at similar stores. Store managers make almost twice what assistants are paid.
Fun but serious place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 3, 2016
Although the environment, coworkers, and customers were always enjoyable to be around-working at the mall can be very serious and be a lot of maintenance with sales responsibilities and shrink prevention.
Great
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 30, 2016
I love all of my co-workers! Working at Spencer's is always a good time and a great learning experience for shy people. Really brings people out of their shells.
Best Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MN 55113July 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. It gave me a strong knowledge of retail sales and everything that goes along with it.
Not fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411July 15, 2016
The company doesn't believe in family time. They only look out for themselves Upper management is responsible and disorganized.
Pros
The crazy items
Cons
The upper management
Fun workplace with great people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 14, 2016
This job was really great
the management was the best I ever had
Employees could be themselves without being judged
Management was caring and respectful of the employees lifestyle
Coworkers were supportive of each other
Fun work atmosphere with interesting challenges
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJ 08816July 13, 2016
Multi-tasking answering phones and providing one-on-one customer service. Folding lots of t-shirts, sweeping up, dealing with rowdy teens, and overall customer satisfaction. Most importantly, you deal with very SENSITIVE PERSONAL MATERIAL. Selling adult toys gives you a whole new set of skills in customer service. The dirty humor in the store is also a fun challenge, finding a balance with each individual customer as to what their personal line is and how not to cross it. Management was tough, it shifted with the seasons, and became problematic at points. However all issues were resolved promptly by upper management.
Fun place to work if you're in High School
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 13, 2016
Spencer's Gifts is a "you get what you see" kind of place. If you like piercings, you're not worried about getting paid all that much, and you're OK with the type of customers you get, then this is the place for you. I liked working there because of the discounts on jewelry and I didn't feel like I stood out. Other than that, management was already barely holding the store down when I quit, and the supervisors were giving special treatment to certain employees. So if you're a misunderstood teen who doesn't fit in in high school, Spencer's will be perfect.
Pros
discounts on jewelry
Cons
management, intoxicated customers
Most fun I've ever had at a job!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 12, 2016
I worked for this company for 5 years, and was involved with numerous teams. I had a great manager, and the atmosphere was terrific. If it had compensated enough to keep my bills paid, I would still be working for them.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, great employees.
Cons
Very low pay, no benefits for non-management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer's Gifts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9