Spherion Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,694 reviews matching the search
Great company, very helpful and professional employees
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Byron, GAMay 3, 2016
I was employed with Spherion for a short time and I was assigned a temporary position with Graphic Packaging as an Human Resources Assistant. A typical day started off answering phones, collecting and distributing mail and reviewing emails for any specific meetings or employee issues. I worked directly with the HR supervisor and manager. They were very nice and made me feel extremely confident in my work abilities and comfortable as their assistant. The hardest part of this job was enduring the smell of the factory and the constant interruptions of employees with issues or concerns. Although I had a lot of traffic in and out of my office,the most enjoyable part or reward, was helping the employees resolve issues and concerns and putting smiles on their faces. I also enjoyed working with supervisors that didn't micro manage.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
endurance of loud sounds and smells
Enjoyable part of the job
Agent Representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 27, 2016
Being able to help customers by sending them applications, or even telling them they have been approved. Many times I would have to transfer the customer to the correct department due to the pushing the incorrect button on their phone.
Orderly and prompt
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 25, 2016
Long hours, manual labor for the most part with good breaks. It was a hassle to turn in the time cards every week. A good place for beginners.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2016
I learned that the job wants you to grow as long as you put the time in to make the job out of what you want it to be they have great offers to what some people might want to change careers on like obtaining your CDL licenses.
Pros
Calm get things done job
Cons
Extend more space around the warehouse
Working Temp To hirer as a warehouse associate
temporary packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2016
As a Temp for target warehouse I have learned that you need to have endurance and an open mind to be successful. I have pushed myself past my breaking point and achieved rate. I currently train one on one with new employees. I absolutely Enjoy Spherion's temp to hirer team they work with you and understand that life happens.
Not the ideal Employment
Military Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 20, 2016
I had to hound them for months before I received a job offer. I was promised a short 30-90 day temp position, but this has turned into an almost year long assignment. I don't have any of the medical and dental benefits they claimed to offer because between the main office and their payroll specialist no one can get my benefits straighten out. I know they don't care.

They only care about you showing up for work so they can get their percentage
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Lack of job opportunities, no support, no benefits
a good way to loos weight
Packer- Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2016
working in a warehouse can be challenging. it can get really hot inside. the co-workers were working alone but the products got out in a timely fashion. the enjoyable part about the job is that you work and loose weight at the same time
Learning is essential.
Cable Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my job as an cable installer. I'm always learning new ways to complete my task. I like that supervisor had a lot of patience to teach and made my job more interesting. I was disappointed when my assignment ended.
Great Job Seekers
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 19, 2016
Always had a job for me... unfortunately nothing turned into long term. Usually great people to work with on the job...If you nee work I would definitely sign up with Spherion.
spherion is a wonderful company to find employment.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 18, 2016
I love working with spherion. So far my experience has been overall a positive work experience. They are willing to work with what best fits your wants and needs
Pros
sceduling and pay
Cons
needs some training in aspects of their health care plans
Fun place to work, co-workers were good.
Financial Crime Investigator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2016
I didn't know who to communicate with at Spherion if I had questions.
The week I was placed with Spherion the person I reported to had resigned.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
I didn't know who to talk with if I had a question.
Assistant
Temporary Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 13, 2016
I assisted in office duties and administrative duties. I worked as a secretary, office assistant, administrative assistant and data entry. I temporarily helped offices while they found a permanent replacement or employee is out of work.
Pros
Learning new ways of running an office.
Cons
Leaving a temp position.
Poor company
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 11, 2016
Management constantly goes back on their word, or not responding. Poor training then you get in trouble for not knowing what to do when you were never trained. New President showed favoritism, once you made one mistake things were put in motion to end your employment not try to train you properly. If you are not friends with your co-workers you won't last at this company.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Management stabbed you in the back
Very quick at getting my first assignment setup.
Contract Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 11, 2016
This company is very good at getting an assignment setup for an employee but they don't always care whether the employee fits what the client wants or needs.
Pros
Quick
Cons
Not Always out for placing people in the right situations to succeed.
Terrible experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 10, 2016
My husband and I both worked for Spherion and when we were let go from our assignments, spherion continually fought our unemployment and lied about offering us jobs and claimed we were not calling in every week about our availability. I absolutely would not recommend this temp agency for employment.
fast pace work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2016
Warehouse was very hot, the work they wanted you to do was next to impossible especially for the small amount of money they paid.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
pay rate
answer customer questions. call clients to get employee hours.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJ 08837April 8, 2016
answer customer questions. call clients to get employee hours. help clients enter payroll. check to make sure payroll is entered correctly. submit payrolls to be printed.
temps are terrible
Tester (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 7, 2016
I think temp agencies are what is making this economy grind to a halt. They give companies a low cost, easily replaced solution to boost their own profitability.
importance of being on time
Team lead production line worker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2016
They were very strict in all areas. i learned the importance of always being on time. I loved to work as a team with the rest of my co-workers.
good place to start working
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 6, 2016
the job site was fast pace and you would do something different everyday from working a machine to using your hands and working with different products as well.
Pros
consistent
Cons
short breaks