Spherion
1,450 reviews

Spherion Employee Reviews

Opportunity to Learn
Office Assistant, (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: length of assignments
This organization allowed me to learn an array of things by working a variety of position with different organizations. I've learned a lot about accounting, managing care, and recruitment.

They were awesome
productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch
Cons: 10 minute break
Working at general mills was okay, I got along well with some of the workers and the supervisors were okay. Some of them were rude. Management is okay I guess but 8 dollars an hour on your feet all day packing things, making boxes, cutting yourself, bleeding, isn't enough. there wasn't a hard part about the job is co workers weren't being rude! I enjoyed everyday working there but I got overwhelmed.
Good part time job
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMarch 4, 2015
I worked at different locations cause it was a staffing company, but majority of the jobs that I was sent to was physical labor. It was decent most of the time and whoever was management or I was working with at the various locations was pretty decent companies and or people.
fun, educational,supportive
Machine Operator, Data Entry, Inventory Control (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: trips, food, people
Cons: closed down
I just loved this job the employees was the best and managements was great I hate the company closed because I would've still been with them
Awesome staff but a tedious yet extreme wear on the body
Production (Former Employee), Shelby OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: team oriented, professional and flexibilty
Cons: long hours of standing, meet quota, poor job security and low pay for a lot of work
A typical day at Spherion will consist of any and everything to do with general labor. (unskilled work)

The biggest con about this job is job security, you have to make quota cause if you don't your chances of being out of a job is high.

The staff however is awesome very understanding also the people you work around, they actually help you. It's a big team work kind of organization.

Another con though, you stand the entire time working 4 hours into your shift you only get 15-20 mins of rest. All that standing will put serious wear on your body. Not sure if its worth looking into for just 9-9.15 an hour. Unless you are trying to make ends meet that is.
Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: positive attitude of staff
Cons: temporary agency without health benefits
I liked working for Spherion/Randstad USA. Good communication between Representatives and contract employees. Very friendly staff and very helpful.
Professionalism
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Lorain, OHMarch 3, 2015
Pros: provided free products
Cons: could of offered health benefits
Worked to secure gainful employment close to my location. Also worked with my availability requirements since I'm a single parent.
Temporary Job that landed me a permanent job
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2015
Pros: opportunity to meet new people every week
Cons: no job security
I worked doing data entry before being assigned as a temp. worker to the government lockbox services at US Bank. A typical day at work was arriving, going through security, being assigned a computer, and typing until work is finished or I was assigned to another task. The hardest part of my job was that it had a high turnover rate and my job was never secured. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every week.
great place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee), Willard, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new co workers and friends
Cons: short breaks
All the people I worked with was great. I got to learn a lot of new stuff. we did pallet builds for our customers. we packaged product in bags and boxes, we had great work place
Immediate Opportunites
Customer Service/E&E Representative (Former Employee), Port St. LucieFebruary 24, 2015
Spherion gets you out quickly as possible, I think that's the best part of the company. I do wish work wages were higher.
Management was good once you got in touch with someone.
Very disorganized
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Riverdale, UTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pay was good
Cons: dysfunctional
No one knows what they are doing in that company. The owner is constantly out of the loop. The office manager is never to be found.
It's a great company that showcases "Work/Life" balance.
HR/Recruitment Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 20, 2015
It's a great company that showcases "Work/Life" balance.
Great place for personal growth. Develops lots of skills needed to grow into any HR department.

Compensations and benefits are just very poor.
productive and helpful Agency
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2015
I love the work ethic and poise that it brings when you walk into the office. They are extremely helpful and Kind, and I love the jobs they found for me
Temp-Agency , little to no work available
Production Worker (Former Employee), Stockton , CAFebruary 18, 2015
No jobs available for an entire year? BS ... i learned to keep away from temp agencies . The management sucks and does not provide much assistance when help is needed .
15 years tenure
Training and Development Learning Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: workload
Great positions at Spherion. Sad to see it acquired. Good progression of opportunities. I had a great boss and great coworkers.
Alway there when I need them
Data Center Operator (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: will work with you to find employment
Cons: temporary work
I thank the Spherion staff for always being there and sticking with me when I need employment. Karen at the Princeton NJ site is a great person to work with.
This was a good job.
Lead Order Agent/Customer Assist Agent (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nice crew
Cons: became unemployed after 6 months!
I worked in the call center, answering phone calls for phillips medical products. Got a promotion after 3 month...but the call center moved out of state, and my job ended ended.
Worked with great people
Payroll Clerk, various other Data Entry (Former Employee), Nash Finch/Spartan Nash in Bellefontaine, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: close to home and learned a lot
Cons: would not hire on full time, just kept using me in multiple depts.
It started off as a six week assignment but was there for a year, learning multiple departments. Did everything from maintaining payroll for 300+ employees, keying orders for around 100 stores, had phone communications with corporate and other stores. Experience with Word and Excel and various company based programs.
Enjoying working for Community Action
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: excellent
Enjoy the work processing payroll. The office setting very professional. I enjoy my job, the position is contracted, therefore I have to search for employment.
Indexer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: work week, managers and pay
Cons: temp jobs
. They want you to be successful. The staff go all out to get you fulltime employment. I enjoyed working with them and you will too.

About Spherion

Spherion® has distinguished itself as a go-to source for skilled talent and rewarding career opportunities. But, it’s – Read more

Spherion Salaries