SPi Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Okay company in Greensboro
Customer Service Rep, Billing analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2015
Not much room for advancement, everyone very nice, friendly. A very young group.

Working here was very fulfilling by helping patients and their issues
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only 30 min lunches
Wonderful Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldJune 6, 2015
They were all so nice and helpful. They do wonderful things for their employees. The building is very well protected and monitored through the receptionist at the front door. Everyone is so welcome and inviting.
Loved the work load
Follow Up Associate/Third Party Billing (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 28, 2014
On a typical day I punched in at 9am and log in working on a workque dealing with insurance denials, registration and demographics entered incorrectly for patients.
I will then resubmit electronically or thru mail.

I also had 2 other WQ's that dealt with secondary and generic payors.

My coworkers were excellent to work with and were very helpful whenever I got stuck or needed help with an account.
I loved the hours 8:45-4;45.
There really was no hard part about the job. I liked what I did.
Management was good too. The two managers that were available were always willing to help.
By the the worst employer I have worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 16, 2013
The training was terrible no structure at all, we jumped around from topic to topic. I have never worked with a company and not been given a raise after a year; The excuse was that I had not been there long enough. I went on maternity leave and had some complications after giving birth and was not able to return to work on the scheduled date and the company did not hold my position. I have nothing good to say about this place
Cons
short breaks, improper training, managment plays favorites
SPI Healthcare is an average place of employment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 23, 2013
I would go in to work count my batches separate them then add the in-patient out-patient on each voucher. I learned how to tell if a case was cosmetic then also how to calculate the time and prices for the cosmetic cases. the management was good if I needed anything I was always able to contact them and they would guide me. the coworkers were all friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job was learning the cosmetic cases but after it was learned it was a breeze.
No organization or communication
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 12, 2012
A typical day was just shifting different things to do, what you may have been told yesterday, was changed before you came in the next day. The position did help my computer skills. I really dont believe there was management..it was unbelievable!! The co-workers..well it was like being in High School all over again. The hardest part of the job was getting accurate training for the job. The most enjoyable part would be the enhancement of computer skills.
Pros
being able to enhance my computer skill
Cons
no formal training, no reliability from management, no communication, no room for advancement
It is what it is!
Data Entry/Paper Pusher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 21, 2014
While acquiring essential office skills, there is little more that this company provides. The pay is horrible, (I was there nearly 7 years and only made a bit over a dollar more when I left than when I started). Too many cliques, too many management changes, too much instability. There is no room for career advancement at all. I have a lot more I could say but it gets my blood boiling.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay is a joke!
Repetitive work. Bad working environment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Tinley ParkAugust 19, 2013
First time working at a billing agency and this place made me stay away from working at billing agency again. No opportunity to learn new material. Just claim after claim of repetitive tasking. Their building in Tinley Park is like a warehouse converted office space. Very claustrophobic. Sometimes very warm, then the next day freezing.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
antiquated tinley office.
Dead end
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 8, 2014
Hours and benefits good. Management rude and not knowledgeable of various client protocols. Promotions are not based on your work ethic or knowledge but based on who you know. Company has a high turnover rate. Company has inadequate training for all employees.
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
poor management
Lost of turnover
Analyst and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 9, 2015
Constant management turnover with constant new ideas coming into the department without much implementation. Coworkers mostly friendly and helpful
Pros
Lots of turnover
Cons
Decent wage
Stay away: dead end job.
Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 21, 2014
This place was a great place to work until a management shift. The management team now knows nothing about the job and the team is suffering. Time off is not approved and you are made to feel like dirt if you can't work the overtime. Pay stinks. Benefits stink. Atmosphere stinks. Okay place to work if you just need a name to put on your resume... but no opportunity to go any where with this company. The management team is also terrible with follow through. They always have an excuse why something didn't get done and they refuse to ask for help even if they have no clue what to do... which is 99% of the time. This company needs to clean out their management staff and start again or I give this company another year to keep their heads above water... tops.
Pros
a name on your resume, a paycheck. ..albeit a lousy one
Cons
all starts with management. .. or should i say micro management.
Could Have Been Better
Misc (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 28, 2014
The job started off great and had good potential. But after settling and getting to know those around me, this wasn't the job for me. I tried my hardest everyday, never later and never left early. But still wasn't good enough. Management was rude and no one had the slightest clue how to treat people. I was talked down to on a daily basis and showed no respect. Management would talk negative about me and I could hear them. They would act as though I was doing great, but 5 seconds later I would hear them talking about me. Everyday I would come thinking when are they going to get rid of me and after a month of thinking like that, they did. The best part of my job was getting to go home. The benefits of the job were great and they were very giving with prizes. But the turnover ratio is horrible at this job. At least 5 people a week quit and 5 more were always hired the following week. I truly think they don't know how to keep people.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, rude management
Undergoing structural changes- formerly a nice place to work
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 9, 2013
Not a lot of positive things to say as a workplace. Formerly part of the Customer Service department which is always undergoing structural changes. Due to those changes, the department continues to suffer from disorganization.
Good office experience
DATA ENTRY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 3, 2013
This was my first job in an "office" environment with a Monday-Friday schedule. Overall easy work, non-stressful and great managers in my department.
Pros
great schedule with work and life balance
Cons
not so great pay compared to other companies that do the same line of work.
fast paced, high energy.
Medical Biller/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 2, 2012
The days go by very fast, lots of work. A lot of experience with epic and idx software. Co-workers are varied. Hardest part of the job is talking to patients everyday. Most enjoyable is how fast the weeks go by.
Pros
very busy
Cons
not nearly enough pay
Productive and fun place to work
Third Party Follow-Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2013
Friendly co-workers, and self-paced enviroment. Love having casual dress code. Love the flexible working hours. Benefits are very good.
Pros
self-paced, casual dress code, flexible working hours
Cons
not much overtime offered
productive and competetive workplace
payment posting specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 14, 2013
i've enjoyed the learning of the medical payment posting process and the workload keeps me constantly busy and striving to do more everyday.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2013
no organization, but I worked at a fast pace , loved that part of it, like learning new software
Pros
learned new kind of software
Cons
orgainzation was not good
Not a very nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 13, 2013
You have to be part of certain group in order to move up, you don't even have to know what you are doing to be a team lead
Cons
everything
n/a
Managed Care Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 14, 2013
Good place to work, good management, good people, the hours were very flexible and the pay was good. It wasn't a hard job at all, very easy, but demanding productivity.

2.5