spi Employee Reviews

They outsource Tech support To India
Application Support Analyst : Spiiq (Former Employee) –  Rogers ARJuly 2, 2015
Short-staffed, Overworked and Micro-Managed by executives with no contact with our team. Spi bought an American owned and operated Company and is already starting to run it into the ground by fallowing the same path other companies in this industry have already taken. outsourcing support jobs to Mysore India rather than hiring local talent.

Don't expect a career here unless you get into one of the boutique niches of support. Expect to have your tasks tracked by the minute to specific job functions. Expect to be overworked with poorer overall benefits in comparison to the community.
Pros
pleasant team members, occasional lunches provided during company meetings, Christmas parties with a couple of drinks.
Cons
Micromanaged on support teams, handicapped ticketing system, train your replacements, Advancement in support is for mysore based team members only.
Productive and fun workplace with refreshments
Associate Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 26, 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
I have learned that the real world is much different from the schools.
Constantly looking for the improvements.
Professionals.
Waiting for responses.
Meeting deadlines.
Benefits
Cons
N/A
Really fun place to work
front receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 30, 2016
I had different jobs there, I was receptionist and then I worked in Admin. I was responsible for all sales correspondence and planning and scheduling sales outings and parties. I loved my co-workers and had fun at the job.
Pros
Cookouts and generous bonus
Refinery wotl
Recently worked construction/Former ASM @H-E-B (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2016
after high school I went to find me a trade inrefinery, iworked 10hr a day 7 days a week... layed ff early this month.... I have my own apartment and car so I need tp keep a jobto make ends meet
With hard work you can advance quickly in this company.
Sales, Quality Assurance, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 23, 2016
Sales goals are easily reachable and this was a great place to work for. Early advancement was a great incentive and again I truely enjoyed working for this company.
bad managment, cut throat additude
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 27, 2012
The job is very easy, but management and the employees will cut you into micro pieces and eat you like a KILLER SHARK.

Be mindful of what you do and say, because ears and eyes are lurking everywhere.

The hardest part is others doing what they want and you're actually do your work.

Th most enjoyable part were the customers.
benefits
Cons
no team work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WINovember 5, 2015
I feel the job was very unprofessional, there was no job security nor were there any options of advancement....

If someone quit the supervisors left the employees too figure out the shifts that needed too be filled...no one liked that
Easy job, decent people. But..
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Millville, UTMay 14, 2015
Not many people speak English too well. There is absolutely no room for advancement, and with 4-5 12 hour shifts, you have no time for family/ friends/ personal advancement i.e furthering your education is out of the question due to the hours. $9.00 an hour is hardly enough to support yourself, so if you have a spouse/children, they better be working as well. Management seems nice, no issues with them whatsoever. They are great people.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Bad pay, terrible hours, occasional weekends, hard to understand co workers (language barrier), no room for advancement.
Nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2012
Was given the opportunity to grow with company and for that I'm very thankful.
Pros
advancement, family environment
Cons
horrible health benefits, low pay
full-time positions available
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 28, 2012
Paid vacation after six months on employment, 401k, medical and dental health insurance.
Leaning experience
Revenue Cycle Director (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 14, 2015
The hardest part of my job is managing multiple regions.
Some of my co workers are great and won't trade them for the world.
Pros
N/A
Cons
This company hires too many family members not qualified to perform their job functions. low pay
Great Company in the middle of the oil Industry
3D Designer (Current Employee) –  Cushing, OKSeptember 30, 2015
Great company that really fit my needs while working close to home. Family run and really flexible to your personal needs.
Being able to learn something every day kept it interesting.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 26, 2014
I learned how to set up jobs. Each job was different so it was a challenge. Most everything was very large so tying the part down required welding legs or feet to the part when clamping was not an option so the setup was critical. Learning which tooling worked best required trying different things to find the best fit was interesting. Studying blueprints was a challenge at first but became easier with time. I had some very good co-workers and learned a lot from them. I always appreciated the input I got from them and it helped me a lot. There is just so much that one can learn in this field it stays interesting. Helping newer guys improve was satisfying also. Working to close tolerances is always challenging and satisfying when the job is complete.
Pros
we put in a lot of overtime so the money was good.
Cons
health care was expensive with family coverage
Small company with a friendly environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 29, 2014
Nice work culture, all people gets along well and management staff are hands on people. You will at this job because a member of management will wear many hats and perform many type of job functions.
Productive and fun culture - teamwork atmosphere
Manager of Conference & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2013
Each day was very different. I had the opportunity to plan 10 to 12 conferences per year and worked with senior level staff members to create the best possible experience for our members. Because of the number of events we had, it was vital to be able to multi task, manage multiple budgets and work well with all of my colleagues. This position was a lot of travel, which I really enjoyed. I loved being on site at these conferences and meetings and having the opportunity to meet people from all of the country and world.
Healthy clean place to work
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Medford, WIMarch 3, 2015
Very strong on safety and health management. Typical work day is pretty easy going yet you are always busy. everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to.
Patient centered emergent care.
Staff tech in clinical care setting (Former Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXJanuary 4, 2014
When it comes to patient care, SPI Clinic puts patients first. However, it views employees as expendable. The workday was 8-5, wages were low, and turnover was rapid. It seemed they were trying to do too much an a very limited budget.
The co-workers were friendly and everyone seemed to enjoy their work, but there was always the stress of improved performance and the ordering of excess exams.
Pros
clean working environment
Cons
nervous atmosphere and insecure work environment.
Good
Security Officer/Lead Guard/Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2013
To work at SPI was good to work there... I learnt a lot with SPI.
Management is okay and my co-worker was very good at least some of them. The hardest part of the job was the people with there attitude and the most enjoyable part of the job is the walking.
Pros
it's good
Cons
it none
the best
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXAugust 18, 2013
Opened Warehouse.I Learned how to spray insulation and bedliners on the back of trucks. it was only two people my boss and myself.. the hardest part of my job is when people place and order at the last minute and we have to rush and make the product before 5:30... i loved my job
Pros
everything
Cons
cant think anything bad to say
not a good experince
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKApril 15, 2014
no blueprints
no gauges
no help
pass the buck mentality
never followed through with expected reviews,or proformance
Pros
close to cushing
Cons
bad place to work