spi Employee Reviews

Easy job, decent people. But..
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Millville, UTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great management.
Cons: Bad pay, terrible hours, occasional weekends, hard to understand co workers (language barrier), no room for advancement.
Not many people speak English too well. There is absolutely no room for advancement, and with 4-5 12 hour shifts, you have no time for family/ friends/ personal advancement i.e furthering your education is out of the question due to the hours. $9.00 an hour is hardly enough to support yourself, so if you have a spouse/children, they better be working as well. Management seems nice, no issues with them whatsoever. They are great people.
Healthy clean place to work
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Medford, WIMarch 3, 2015
Very strong on safety and health management. Typical work day is pretty easy going yet you are always busy. everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to.
good and fun
Carpenter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
started at 6am went till about 4 or 5 all day and work indoors or outdoors
Small company with a friendly environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), South Bend, INMay 29, 2014
Nice work culture, all people gets along well and management staff are hands on people. You will at this job because a member of management will wear many hats and perform many type of job functions.
Small company with a friendly environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), South Bend, INMay 29, 2014
not a good experince
Inspector (Former Employee), Cushing, OKApril 15, 2014
Pros: close to cushing
Cons: bad place to work
no blueprints
no gauges
no help
pass the buck mentality
never followed through with expected reviews,or proformance
Being able to learn something every day kept it interesting.
Machinist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 26, 2014
Pros: we put in a lot of overtime so the money was good.
Cons: health care was expensive with family coverage
I learned how to set up jobs. Each job was different so it was a challenge. Most everything was very large so tying the part down required welding legs or feet to the part when clamping was not an option so the setup was critical. Learning which tooling worked best required trying different things to find the best fit was interesting. Studying blueprints was a challenge at first but became easier with time. I had some very good co-workers and learned a lot from them. I always appreciated the input I got from them and it helped me a lot. There is just so much that one can learn in this field it stays interesting. Helping newer guys improve was satisfying also. Working to close tolerances is always challenging and satisfying when the job is complete.
Patient centered emergent care.
Staff tech in clinical care setting (Former Employee), South Padre Island, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: clean working environment
Cons: nervous atmosphere and insecure work environment.
When it comes to patient care, SPI Clinic puts patients first. However, it views employees as expendable. The workday was 8-5, wages were low, and turnover was rapid. It seemed they were trying to do too much an a very limited budget.
The co-workers were friendly and everyone seemed to enjoy their work, but there was always the stress of improved performance and the ordering of excess exams.
different
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good peoples
Cons: lots of judgment
Lots of different personality,.. but a learning work environment.
Long nights of Checking plastics
Press Operator (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MISeptember 3, 2013
Spi was a fun laid back company. The co-workers where fun to be around and the manager was a riot.
the best
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Rowlett, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: cant think anything bad to say
Opened Warehouse.I Learned how to spray insulation and bedliners on the back of trucks. it was only two people my boss and myself.. the hardest part of my job is when people place and order at the last minute and we have to rush and make the product before 5:30... i loved my job
Good
Security Officer/Lead Guard/Relief Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2013
Pros: it's good
Cons: it none
To work at SPI was good to work there... I learnt a lot with SPI.
Management is okay and my co-worker was very good at least some of them. The hardest part of the job was the people with there attitude and the most enjoyable part of the job is the walking.
It is a good job, but its only a temp position
Tow Motor Operator (Current Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 29, 2013
With this being a temp job and they do not normally hire people in its hard to advance.
Office Manager/Construction (Former Employee), ArkansasJanuary 9, 2013
How to deal with men in the construction world. I learned how to do detailed reports for accountants and bid letting
Waste Of Time.
Private Security Officer (Former Employee), Butler, WIJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the people who lived there.
Cons: bed bugs.
I was assigned at a facility infested with bed bugs and no one did anything about it.
Productive and fun culture - teamwork atmosphere
Manager of Conference & Logistics (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2013
Each day was very different. I had the opportunity to plan 10 to 12 conferences per year and worked with senior level staff members to create the best possible experience for our members. Because of the number of events we had, it was vital to be able to multi task, manage multiple budgets and work well with all of my colleagues. This position was a lot of travel, which I really enjoyed. I loved being on site at these conferences and meetings and having the opportunity to meet people from all of the country and world.
bad managment, cut throat additude
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wood Dale, ILJuly 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no team work
The job is very easy, but management and the employees will cut you into micro pieces and eat you like a KILLER SHARK.

Be mindful of what you do and say, because ears and eyes are lurking everywhere.

The hardest part is others doing what they want and you're actually do your work.

Th most enjoyable part were the customers.
light bulb factory
Laborer (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 12, 2012
you pack light bulbs that comes down the line and then you load them on the truck for shipping
full-time positions available
Machine Operator (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 28, 2012
Paid vacation after six months on employment, 401k, medical and dental health insurance.
Nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2012
Pros: advancement, family environment
Cons: horrible health benefits, low pay
Was given the opportunity to grow with company and for that I'm very thankful.