spi Employee Reviews

productive
Owner (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 9, 2017
Owner of SPI , fast pace productive normally 10 to 12 hour days I enjoy the satisfaction of keeping my customers happy and is a big reason why I went into my own business.
Pros
Owner
Cons
No benefits
Exelente
Operator forklift carpenter,warehouse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2017
Buena compañia ,buenos trabajadores buen horario de trabajo
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
No hay tiempo para tomar cafe
Bad place to work
Gate Guard (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 30, 2017
This is a bad place to work they lie right off the bat they tell you that the location they are putting you at is different then where they are actually putting you and they say they wouldn't make some one put in more than 8 hours at one place and they schedule you for 52 + hours and they schedule 2 people on the slow times and for the holidays you need 2 people they won't schedule the second person.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks thats if you get any.
horrible experience
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MI 48315May 17, 2017
i did not care to much for the crew and the foreman...treated employees terrible i think thats why everyone was so down in that place...but the work duties where pretty good nothing to complain about
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Plastics
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2016
Beautiful place to work. Made sure that the company is running to it's best ability. Love the people that I work with. They are are really good group of people.
Pros
Can work from home after a year
Cons
Good work culture with less salary
Onsite Technical lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
I worked here for 10 yrs. Initial 5-6 yrs had lot of growth but later becomes stagnant. No new technologies are welcomed. Career path change is not available.Less salary than industry standards especially for onsite
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Less salary and more work
Refinery wotl
Recently worked construction/Former ASM @H-E-B (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2016
after high school I went to find me a trade inrefinery, iworked 10hr a day 7 days a week... layed ff early this month.... I have my own apartment and car so I need tp keep a jobto make ends meet
Really fun place to work
front receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 30, 2016
I had different jobs there, I was receptionist and then I worked in Admin. I was responsible for all sales correspondence and planning and scheduling sales outings and parties. I loved my co-workers and had fun at the job.
Pros
Cookouts and generous bonus
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with refreshments
Associate Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 26, 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash.
I have learned that the real world is much different from the schools.
Constantly looking for the improvements.
Professionals.
Waiting for responses.
Meeting deadlines.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
With hard work you can advance quickly in this company.
Sales, Quality Assurance, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 23, 2016
Sales goals are easily reachable and this was a great place to work for. Early advancement was a great incentive and again I truely enjoyed working for this company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WINovember 5, 2015
I feel the job was very unprofessional, there was no job security nor were there any options of advancement....

If someone quit the supervisors left the employees too figure out the shifts that needed too be filled...no one liked that
Leaning experience
Revenue Cycle Director (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 14, 2015
The hardest part of my job is managing multiple regions.
Some of my co workers are great and won't trade them for the world.
Pros
N/a
Cons
This company hires too many family members not qualified to perform their job functions. low pay
Great Company in the middle of the oil Industry
3D Designer (Current Employee) –  Cushing, OKSeptember 30, 2015
Great company that really fit my needs while working close to home. Family run and really flexible to your personal needs.
They outsource Tech support To India
Application Support Analyst : Spiiq (Former Employee) –  Rogers ARJuly 2, 2015
Short-staffed, Overworked and Micro-Managed by executives with no contact with our team. Spi bought an American owned and operated Company and is already starting to run it into the ground by fallowing the same path other companies in this industry have already taken. outsourcing support jobs to Mysore India rather than hiring local talent.

Don't expect a career here unless you get into one of the boutique niches of support. Expect to have your tasks tracked by the minute to specific job functions. Expect to be overworked with poorer overall benefits in comparison to the community.
Pros
pleasant team members, occasional lunches provided during company meetings, Christmas parties with a couple of drinks.
Cons
Micromanaged on support teams, handicapped ticketing system, train your replacements, Advancement in support is for mysore based team members only.
Easy job, decent people. But..
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Millville, UTMay 14, 2015
Not many people speak English too well. There is absolutely no room for advancement, and with 4-5 12 hour shifts, you have no time for family/ friends/ personal advancement i.e furthering your education is out of the question due to the hours. $9.00 an hour is hardly enough to support yourself, so if you have a spouse/children, they better be working as well. Management seems nice, no issues with them whatsoever. They are great people.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Bad pay, terrible hours, occasional weekends, hard to understand co workers (language barrier), no room for advancement.
Healthy clean place to work
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Medford, WIMarch 3, 2015
Very strong on safety and health management. Typical work day is pretty easy going yet you are always busy. everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to.
good and fun
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
started at 6am went till about 4 or 5 all day and work indoors or outdoors
Small company with a friendly environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 29, 2014
Nice work culture, all people gets along well and management staff are hands on people. You will at this job because a member of management will wear many hats and perform many type of job functions.
not a good experince
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKApril 15, 2014
no blueprints
no gauges
no help
pass the buck mentality
never followed through with expected reviews,or proformance
Pros
close to cushing
Cons
bad place to work
Being able to learn something every day kept it interesting.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 26, 2014
I learned how to set up jobs. Each job was different so it was a challenge. Most everything was very large so tying the part down required welding legs or feet to the part when clamping was not an option so the setup was critical. Learning which tooling worked best required trying different things to find the best fit was interesting. Studying blueprints was a challenge at first but became easier with time. I had some very good co-workers and learned a lot from them. I always appreciated the input I got from them and it helped me a lot. There is just so much that one can learn in this field it stays interesting. Helping newer guys improve was satisfying also. Working to close tolerances is always challenging and satisfying when the job is complete.
Pros
We put in a lot of overtime so the money was good.
Cons
Health care was expensive with family coverage