Spiceworks Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2017
Spiceworks is a great place to work. You are given a lot of autonomy with your projects, and resources are there to help you succeed. If you put in the work, you will be rewarded for your effort. Would recommend to others.
Fine place if you're 20
Senior Software Developer/Senior Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
They were flailing at finding a business model. According to friends, most of their senior talent has left. I was hired as an architect, but they had already unilaterally decided on their main architecture. My title was silently changed to Staff Engineer.
Wonderful easy-going company environment, open book culture
Marketing and Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2015
Everyone is very friendly and there's tons of food in the kitchen all the time. Nobody is breathing down your neck and clocking your time, etc.
Pros
Autonomy, free food
Cons
People don't make an effort to go out of their way to get to know the "new intern", A lot of the times I felt alienated
Couldn't be happier
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2013
You will work with a lot of very smart people, who enjoy taking ownership of their work and who aren't very involved in the politics you find most places that work. The founders are 1 in a million, and I can't stress this enough. THey're extremely transparent, understanding and just down to earth people. You will not regret working here UNLESS you don't enjoy being challenged, growth, and are not a "go getter"
Pros
everything
Cons
i honestly can't think of one
Best software company in Austin!
Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 9, 2012
Easily the best company I've worked for. Interesting work, great co-workers, and a management team that knows what they're doing.

Perks are great, we have on-site CrossFit and yoga classes and a 24-hour gym a few hundred yards away. There's a well-stocked kitchen with fresh organic fruit...I rarely need to go out to lunch.

I'd work here without the perks, though. What's most important to me in a job are the work itself, the people I work with, and my faith in management. I love my work and have a great team.

The management team is extremely focused on the business...they're not spending time making angel investments or trying to make a name for themselves. This is also the most open management I've seen at any company...we get together as a company every Friday to have a few beers and go over new developments, and I walk out knowing our financial condition, what's working, what isn't, and where we're headed.

I'm also proud to say I've never heard the word "pivot" spoken in a meeting here.
Pros
great team, great work, excellent benefits.

Want to know more about Spiceworks?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spiceworks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2