Spinx Employee Reviews

Busy paced workplace.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 14, 2016
Good place for someone not afraid to keep busy.
Individual store managers are usually awesome. Willing to work with schedule limitations or needs.
I met lots of people, most of them were extremely nice.
I also learned more about corporate workings.
Some co-workers not so great, most made going to work a real pleasure.
Hardest part of the job was getting through an 8-16 hour day with no breaks, & eating on the run without making customers wait.
Pros
Healthcare offered after 6 months.
Cons
Low wages. No breaks. Healthcare plans are costly
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 11, 2016
Rude customers lack of hours not worth working there wouldn't consider that job for anyone. They font schedule enough people for work.
Pros
Over time during the holidays
Cons
Lack of hours
what it was like a spinx
Deli Associate and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 5, 2016
I had to make chicken and prep chicken. I had to make the orders for customers, make deli pastries. make sure the deli food was fresh, and at the end of the night I had cleaning duties.
Pros
free food
Cons
Hour shortage per week, management, low pay, alot of work for 8.00
Room for Improvement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 22, 2016
I really enjoyed the company as a whole and I enjoyed the people as well, but i will say that many things needed to be fixed. There was a lot of room for advancement and the benefits were amazing but for new stores, the management was lacking. There was little to no communication in the store I worked in between the managers. If there was an announcement, it didn't happen too often. We didn't even have meetings. We were understaffed for a large majority of the time I was there.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lacking in Communication
Great people to work with.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Good company to work for pay just isn't enough. Love working with the people I work with. Manager is great to work for. Need more hours to work and have offered to work more.
Good Job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 8, 2016
When I started at Spinx everything was awesome. I was still working at Sbarro and making extra money to save up. The managers and crew were cool. We had a lot of fun and told jokes. Having two jobs at the same time working first and second shift was too much on my 19 year old body at the time. So I stuck with Sbarro.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
located in a bad neighborhood
Fast paced work environment with very diverse customer base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work for Spinx was enjoyable. 99% of the customers were friendly and a lot of them are regulars, so you get to know these wonderfully nice people. I got to learn a different facet in the retail business. This job helped me with my time management and organizational skills as well. You have to manage your time between doing your daily tasks and giving excellent customer service. You have to be able to get out on the floor to stock and reorganize to fit out the merchandise all while people are steadily coming in and out. Management was great. My co-workers were also great for the most part, a job like this has a high turnover rate and the ones that didn't stay weren't missed. The hardest part of the job was juggling my tasks with my customer service on busy days. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing all my regular customers.
Pros
Free drinks on and off the clock, Spinx Xtras card
Cons
No breaks
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 21, 2016
Overall good environment friendly customers and group of staff constant changes due to management changes but nothing that I couldn't get adjusted to and certain procedures could have been done differently but all company can use a little tweaking in the system but each job is a learning and growing experience and everyone cant work with people or should I say the public in general they need to just sit behind a desk with that being said still will say its a nice company to work for :)
Upper management is not consistant
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 9, 2016
Training is substandard. From part timers up to the managers. They are constantly hiring and firing employees. This causes fear and diminishes trust from their employees.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
no breaks, understaffed, upper management is non trusting of managers and other employees
I would tell everyone to work there.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2016
A typical day at Spinx was collecting money from customers, having a understanding of some math skills, filling up gas tanks if asked, lottery tickets, collecting and disposing of trash outside and inside, making sure the customers got their receipts, verifying the age of customers if they are buying alcohol or cigarettes, cleaning gas station bathrooms, counting money in cash drawers, sweeping and mopping floors and being able to call the police to report suspicious activity in and around gas station. The management was great. Always working with you on your time and if you needed overtime, they would always find a way. I worked 3rd so I did not have anyone there other than myself. But the ones I got to know were great. The hardest part of my job was doing everything by myself. And the most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Not a lot to say
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylors, SCApril 25, 2016
Great customers, just not a great overall management team, nor a good enough corporate team..... This stayed broken around the store, corporate avoided their duties of maintaining there stores. Pay is horrible for what you do.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Hours, No Vacations, No set schedule.
very clean and respectful enviroment
core manager (Former Employee) –  orangeburg,scApril 23, 2016
it was great meeting new faces...learning more and more on customer service...great pleasure of working with the people and forr the company itself...the greatest part of the company was getting the job the without any complaints and upselling the company items.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Awesome
Customer Service Representative/ Fresh and to Go (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 22, 2016
Spinx is a great company to work for their promotion process is quick within just three weeks I was offered another position at my story and it was full time.
Great Customer Service Atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 29, 2016
Worked for the company five year's, only advanced at a minimum. Worked every weekend, had overtime,trained oncoming employees, and benefits are not work having. In order to advance you have to sign your life over to the company as in any other retail establishment. Co-workers show up late and cause you to work over and if you are shift supervisor please do not have a life. You are also a babysitter for young teenage employees who are lazy because of low pay and short hours offer weekly. 25 hours or less non management, 40 hours or more shift supervisor and up only.
Pros
Frequent breaks in between customers
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, and part-time hire only
Customer service represenative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 24, 2016
It was okay the best thing about it was the kind people but without lunches or breaks its not the best job the days were okay the hardest part of the job was the lunch rush the manager was really nice so were the co-workers I also learned how to work a cash register
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No breaks and no lunches
Depending on the management, it can be a fun environment. Good benefits for full time employees.
asset management (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCJanuary 15, 2016
I worked for Spinx for 11 years and I loved it. Up until they started changing the corporate people and brought it down to store level. The approach was completely uncanny, with very hateful and distasteful attitudes. We were treated as if what we as veteran employees had been doing for years was wrong. Ultimately, they got rid of all of us and just started over which is what I believe was their intentions in the first place. Leaving so many of us that had so much built up within the company out of a job/career. Tossed out with as much regard as a bag of trash. Even so much as to post no trespassing notices on us as if we were criminals.
Pros
great adventures working with the public, benefits for full time.
Cons
No breaks unless you're a smoker, pay rate is lower than average convenient stores.
Fun!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCJanuary 15, 2016
I love it!!! Customers are awesome! Management Rocks!! I love the how the owners always pop up randomly. It keeps us on our toes
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
There is no room for advancement
Manager of food preparation (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The chiefs look at employees as expendable. The only thing to do with this job is to use it as a step to your next career. I would not recommend.
Work with Great People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 22, 2015
Great company to work for. Healthy interaction with coworkers and customers, low stress and easy to pick up. I really enjoyed working for the company because I had fun while at work but could not get as many hours as I would have preferred at the time.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
benefits and pay are not great
Good Company, Great Co Workers, No benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2015
I have been working for Spinx since April of 2015. The Co workers are great people and the job is fairly easy. The hours are not that long. It is a good place to develop and advance within the company. The downside is that once promoted to higher positioning, there are very little to no benefits unless you are extremely high within the company.
Pros
Good People, Fun Enviroment
Cons
No Benefits or little raises when deserved