Spire Employee Reviews

Like most jobs depends on who your boss is
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2017
I worked mainly in the customer service section at Laclede/Spire. In this area management views you as disposable and could really care less about you. Employees are routinely forced overtime with no consideration for their families. Upper management has been eliminating jobs within this area for several years (mine included) and rumors persist that more will follow. Laclede/Spire is an enormous company and I'm sure not all departments are like this.
I have closely interacted with employees from other departments. Most do not feel any loyalty towards this company and the company does little to earn it. I personally feel if you are a callous and heartless individual who will do whatever it takes to advance within a company you can do well at Laclede/Spire. Most of the top leadership at Laclede/Spire have the first two aforementioned qualities in spades.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work/Life balance, no regard for the 'little guy'
Great place to work if you like owners where inconsiderate people, selfishness & bullying are rewarded
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 30, 2016
Stressful environment, with self-centered, egotistical, upper management (not all...but most) who could care less about the peons that work for them,as long as you're 'producing'. Easy to get fired here, as they seem to encourage a culture of 'blame somebody' when problems occur. Creativity stifled, and the owners seem to make sure that you understand that 'they are the owners, and you are just a worker here who can easily be replaced.' So glad to be out of there after four long years...
Pros
Close to Boston with free parking & very easy access ot the T
Cons
Selfish, inconsiderate, condescending owners
Wonderful employees
Marketing Communications & Graphics Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 15, 2016
Spire Corporation was a great company to work for. I managed the marketing and design functions of the company for 16 years.
Pros
Good benefits
Terrific place for experienced agents.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2014
100% commission split cannot be beat. The company has a database of rental listings, a supportive management team, a friendly atmosphere and a great location in the heart of Manhattan.
Pros
Commission split
Cons
None.
Student Enrichment
Manager of Student Services (Current Employee) –  Geneva, OHMarch 5, 2014
SPIRE Institute is an Olympic training facility that houses a full time academy in which we develop the future of high school and post graduate students through sport.
I work directly with the students in regard to their total well being during their time at SPIRE.
Inspiring
Ion Implant Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 3, 2014
A company with a lot going on. Always an eye on the future. Interesting co-workers and people managing.
Pros
Nice lunch room.
Not a great place to work,did not mesh well
Second Pressman (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAOctober 7, 2013
This was a job that just did not work out.Just did not get along with my boss.I just wasn't a good fit.
Pros
no pros
Cons
plenty of cons
Decent Pay, Horrible Company Culture
Project/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2013
Spire had great pay for someone coming right out of undergrad however the company culture of passing the blame and speaking to each other in ways that are inappropriate to a professional work setting (including managment) is what sent me running.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Office Culture