Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

Not a good place
Assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 15, 2017
a typical work day is unorganized and they have multiple managers that are underqualified for the position and have very little knowledge of the jobs that their over. There is also a problem with managers abusing their power by getting employees that they dislike by getting fired or attacking their integrity as a worker to provoke them to leave or by make them angry. There is also problem with the management and the union working together against the employees. Also while I was there I witness bad parts being hidden because that individual was related to upper management and I will never recommend this company for anyone who wants a career. Spirit is for anyone who do not take their job seriously.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2017
Good benefits, good place to learn, lots of work to be done, some entrenched dogma, have to know people to get in, lots of very tight deadline, minimal resources from IT
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Tight deadlines
excellent place of work
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 11, 2017
there is no complaint the time I was there was very good and fun with work and the companions a friendly environment with some other negative and envious but good person ignore.
Pros
the coexistence is very beautiful
Cons
some supervisors are very ignorant
Great company in which to hone one's career skill set.
Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2017
Spirit AeroSystems is an outstanding company for which to work.

The Engineering department is populated by people with incredible talent and knowledge, and I am privileged to have been a member of the team.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable individuals; Excellent compensation and work environment.
Cons
None.
healthcare in OK might be a challenge
Intern (Former Employee) –  TulsaNovember 29, 2017
Healthcare benefits will include Doctors who work for Spirit in a Spirit owned medical building. This seems to apply to this site only. Other companies offering jobs on campus seem to have better benefits to offer.
Pros
plenty of open parking spots
Cons
healthcare...
productive work place and safety was a main goal everyday
Cnc Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 28, 2017
its a good work place but bad communication between management and employees. its a fast place to work at but that was understandable sense we had to meet our production goals
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hardly any communciation between management and employees
don't go there. not good at all
Tool Designer / CATIA V5 (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 27, 2017
very bad management. They did not know how to build airplanes parts because ot the untrained management. They were very backwards and unskilled. Maybe someday they may get it together.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management
Lacks vision and ambition
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 27, 2017
There are unqualified individuals giving too much power. It's like up management is giving middle management rope to hang themselves with. It show with finger pointing and lack of accountability.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
management
Great job for many years.
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 26, 2017
I would have remained at this job until retirement if I had not been laid off. Great salary and flexibility in my area, but due to switching from in-house systems that we wrote and maintained for all areas (Finance, Personnel, Configuration, Inventory, etc.) to off-the-shelf systems, the majority of IT jobs were eliminated.
productive work place
M01 - Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 25, 2017
The work was good the people was bad not all just some if they didn't like you they made it hard for you and manger didn't do anything about it even you reported it it was still annoyed!
Fortune 500
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2017
Largest corporation I have ever worked for. I was given very little training or guidance. And the team I was on , were all older employees. This was my 1st experience with working for 2 different bosses
productive and great place to work
ASSEMBLY MECHANIC FUSELAGE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 15, 2017
perfect place to work really good envioremant perfect job really good training an really succesable carrier I lov to work for spirit aero systems really good partner ship
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breacks
Poor work place, i did have great manager tho.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 15, 2017
nothing good to say, except i did have great manager, but all corporate red tap garbage everywhere you turn, if u do your job well as i did you will be stuck there for ever, AND thats not for me . I feel bad for everyone who is stuck working there , i am lucky i only worked there 6 months.
Pros
second shift
Cons
my job had me upside down all day with blood rushing to my head, very hard on the body, not worth it what so ever.
Aerospace component manufacturer
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges presented by working with the information technology and management teams at Spirit Aerosystems and had the opportunity to work with Airbus, Boeing, and Gulfstream bills of material.
Pros
Able to use my considerable bill of material skills.
Cons
Travel from Tulsa to Wichita
Spirit Aerosystems should have higher wages and better benefits
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 10, 2017
The department I work in is relatively busy. The work is not hard, but I do work with several dangerous chemicals. Majority of the managers are not skilled. Its who you know and not what you know. I have a MA in Human Services/Executive Leadership, and 14 years of management experience can not get an entry level management position which only requires a high school diploma.
Pros
Costly but great health insurance, Money can be made with overtime offered
Cons
Slow or no promotion process, management with poor leadership skills, designated overtime requirements
Spirit is excellent place to work except that layoff is very rampant
Pricing and Estimating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 8, 2017
Very busy work place
excellent Microsoft software manipulation
Manager allows freedom of decisions but
work place culture is okay but
From a personal note, not sure of tomorrow employment
Pros
Shor driving distance
Cons
Job security is questionable
stressful
Buyer/ contract administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2017
good pay and benefits but management was less than exemplary. Not a lot of support. Very good buddy and cut throat. Lots of favoritism. No real support for issues in the workplace.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
favoritism abounds
great benifits employees treated fair.
Process Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was an 8 hour day with a break every 2 hours and 30 minitues for lunch nomally working a mid to fast pace. Management changes often but are normally helpfull. The hardest part of the day is walking into rework. The most enjoyable parts is seeing a finished product and the people that become more like family. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
seniority based, easy to change jobs. 2 wks paid christmas.
Cons
doesnt reward hard work, kinda like city work one guy works 2 guys watch the watcher gets paid more normally
Spirit was a horrible company to work for
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2017
Spirit does not care for their employees only thing that matters is airplanes. tell them you are hurt and they tell you to get back to work I would not refer anyone to work for this company.
Challenging work, great hourly teams
Senior Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2017
Very fast paced environment, opportunities for advancement, will require long hours. The company has a proven production system with long term growth potential. Very stable work package with proven processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit AeroSystems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9