Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employer Reviews

Quality Systems Specialist/Tech Designer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I learned everything that I know about the First Article Inspection process and AS9102 regulations. It was a rewarding company to work for.
very competitive, always worrying about lay offs
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad mgmt.
I do not wish to comment at this time. I got laid off and I will not be going back.
Great environment & great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), wichita, ksMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great pay & work environment
Cons: not long term
A typical day at work consisted of gathering information to file a sales & use tax return for prior years along with depreciations. My manager & coworkers were wonderful to work with. I wish the job would've been full time instead of contracted.
like the job
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2014
has to many lay offs, but job is so much fun assembly/deburr jobs are great jobs.
Great work place
Sheet-Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita,KsMarch 5, 2014
I really enjoyed the environment and the daily challenges that this opportunity provided
very productive work place but no basketball goals or ping pong tables. Only do stretches before work periodically
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 1, 2014
Pros: no free lunches unless we are having a paid dinner from management
Cons: our breaks are 10 minutes each hour and the pay is very good.
A typical day at work is usually the same as the day before unless there is a problem with a part. My co workers are great. I don't cause drama so try to stay away from it. Life is too short for that. It is just that I have lived here in Kansas for way too long. I want to move back to Robbinsville where my family is. My kids are now both over 18 so – more... they can make their own decisions. It is so flat out here and I wish I had it all to do over again. I miss my mountains and especially my family. I do have to have a job that carries insurance or there is no need to go any further. Insurance is something that is a need for me. The company I work for pays good, has good benefits, offers 401K plan, insurance coverage, and paid vacation time. so, if it wasn't for the fact that I just need a change in my life, I wouldn't even be applying for a position elsewhere. I am ready to move now. – less
M02 Level C Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Cons: 2nd shift
⦁ Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work instructions, documents, verbal and electronic information.
⦁ Use shop mathematics and precision measuring and or test instruments to complete work assignments and functional test assemblies and components.
⦁ Utilize tooling in the assembly of components into sub-assemblies or end items.
 – more... Verify work performed is per work instructions and meets process and/or engineering specification. Identify discrepancies found per applicable procedure.
⦁ Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
⦁ Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
⦁ Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
⦁ Perform work within allotted schedules.
⦁ Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels. – less
Miss working at Spirit
first level manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits, pay, vacation time and work schedule, great team work
Cons: life isnt fair, i was laid off as a manager. now i have to show them, i can still lead no matter what obstacles. politics.
Spirit is a world class place to work. Great coworkers, and learned much over the 23 years working there. As a manager you have to deal with politics but it was the best job I could ever ask for, leading a great team, with great employees. Sad to say, the worse part about Spirit is getting laid off by 20 something yr old HR employees who don't have – more... a clue about manufacturing and leading or management.
Best job I ever had, no regrets, would go back in a heartbeat just to be with other great employees who like to meet goals and show the world what we do, build quality jest for our family to fly safely on.

finally, its a tough world we live in economically, Spirit took care of my family's needs, and I was happy to work there daily! – less
Productive faculity for manufacturing aircraft fuselage.
Technical -Mechanical/Structural Designer III (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 23, 2014
Processes for manufacturing is good. State of the art equipment. Team work environment.
FRIENDLY FELLOW WORKERS.
LST- DEBURR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2014
GOT ALONG WELL WITH THE CO-WORKERS. MINGLE WITH OTHER PEOPLE AT BREAKS AND LUNCH. MY BOSS WAS A OK GUY.MAKING SURE MY AREA IS CLEAN BY THE END OF THE DAY.LUNCH TIME.
Great hours and environment and great benefits
Composite Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 18, 2014
Spirit was a great place to work and am hoping they hire me back
top of the food chain
CNC Tool Operator/machine mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KS. 326EFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch /rewards for
Cons: noise levels
Good pay,good benefits.good example of how lean Manufacturing techniques greatly improve productivity & morale.ran 3 machines,put out 24 hrs.of work in 8hrs.,
Managers were helpfull if they liked you,if they didn't,life was stressfull.
Not Worth It
Procurement Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 13, 2014
Not a good company for advancement. The Tulsa plant is going to be sold, and the contact personal are treated like cattle.
It's a good company
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2014
It's a good company, but the only thing I didn't like was having your main source of buisness a union company because when they went on strike everybody paid for it .
Good Place with Benefits
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: 60 to 80 hrs a week
I enjoy aircraft work. I am ready to move on if I get an opportunity.
Good management, good employees, company up for sale but moral still good
Temporary Position through Systemart (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: temp position
Planning and buying for aircraft production.
Learned SAP computer system
Hands off
Great people, helpful, team players
learning new computer system
Co workers
Structural Analysis Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2014
Flex hours.
Great co-workers.
Transition in overall culture.
Good place to learn.
(Some) wonderful co-workers. NO, or POOR LEADERS!
Process coordinator. (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: mostly wonderful co-workers
Cons: much of "leadership" despicable.
Worked with a great group of people (mostly). Work at Spirit for 27 years. I was always an "A" retention. The best retention you can have. The manager has had an improper relationship with my ex-lead for about ten years. The whole group was expected to "carry" her.
I began complaining about his "lead', and found myself with a "C-d" retention for no – more... reason. The worst retention one can have. The down grade in retention occurred over night. I then got laid off. HR knew about the relationship. Did nothing. So, if you have very low ethics & have the morality of an ally cat. you'll feel right at home at Spirit. – less
Good wages
Technical Designer (Former Employee), WichitaJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: top notch manufacturing department
Good People that enjoy their work, Learned CATIA, and there's a lot to be desired with management.

Great

Commute

People
productive and good working conditions
sheet metal mechanic (Current Employee), wichita ksJanuary 2, 2014
I want to make a good wage for my services. I want to come up with solutions to simplify and increase productivity.

1 2 3 4 5

About Spirit AeroSystems

Whether you're a customer, supplier, current or potential employee, or a community member, Spirit AeroSystems has something to – Read more