Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employer Reviews

Schedule driven
Quality Assurance Technician / Inspector (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
Spirit aerosystems from the top down, no matter what they publicly say, are willing to sacrifice quality and saftey to maintain on time delivery.
Good job for raising a family.
M04 Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Wichita, KS.March 11, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime
It's a good job with good benefits...You can work a lot of overtime if you choose to. The people are good. The management team is okay. They just don't have them in place long enough for them to make a difference. The hardest part of the job is trying to make a difference. The best part of the job is the people...
Nothing good to say.
Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: a lot
Spirit is a hard place to work. With the dead lines that they must keep and the pace that they keep it is hard to train new employees properly. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Structure Mech.
Under Wing Mechanic MO2 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2015
 Drill, ream, countersink, and install fasteners in close tolerant holes including sheet metal and composite structure
The largest supplier of Commercial aircraft in the world.
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: top notch benifits as well as bonus incentives.
Cons: a unionized workforce can cause delays in productivity if care is not taken.
This career has led me to enhance my skills in several aspects of management. Spirit is one of the fastest-paced large manufacturing environments in the world. Brining together a world class system of exceeding customer demands, meeting with federal requirements, and continuous improvements in cost efficiency has became a daily challenge. The use of SAP to track performance is a pillar of what we do. Team building and motivation must be a priority in order to build a stronger company for the future. The constant needs to re-evaluate suppliers, customer demands, and shop efficiencies all tie into creating the best realization numbers possible. Our shareholders and stakeholders can take advantage of the strongest roots for an aircraft workforce anywhere in the world, and the ability to adapt that talent into the next generation of manufacturing has played a key role in my development as a leader.
If working 7 days a week is a plus....
Production Manager 787 MLE Boeing Program (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: exceptional pay
Cons: no home life
Typical production line. 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day. Union workforce with a contract that ties managements hands.
I enjoyed working in Metrology Lab
Metrology Engineer and Metrology Statistician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: metrology lab itself is very well organize and work very efficient.
Cons: the quality of spirit is going down, since they keep pushing more productions, but reduce quality head and reduce quality time to make sure quality parts meet specifications.
I do multiple tasks every day. Always something comes up. I had good team and good people to work with. My manager is a very nice gentleman.
I felt like I was accomplishing something
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: using requested work hours.
Cons: job evaluations
I enjoyed the opportunity to go to work each day. I felt like I was doing something of value as I found the answers to problems, no matter how big or how small. I preferred being able to go to work early. As I was allowed to work the hours that I requested I had no problems in working with management or my co-workers. I never refused to work longer or extra hours, if it was necessary. I made every effort possible to make myself available for everyone I had to work with.

I made every effort possible to learn and understand how CATIA V5, and ENOVIA, was used. I worked with my co-workers to understand how to effectively use the program to make better designs or changes to the designs.

I worked to organize all of the jobs that I was doing and also how to effectively accomplish the work. I had to utilize Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.

At times the most difficult part of my day was having to leave my desk. I enjoyed the challenges of the work each day. I was not afraid to visit with co-workers, or management, to get their opinions or support for any project.
Best aerostructures supplier with great potential
Functional leader (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: always something new to learn, never boring.
Cons: effect of pm system chasing away best professionals and leaders
Spirit was a great place to learn the industry and, with a great boss, one has opportunities to grow and to lead. In the time I was there, there was a lot of firefighting, but those were opportunities to learn and show what a coordinated team and game plan could do for the company. The performance management system is not the best, but hopefully that will be temporary. Only then could it contend as a great place to work. It's a growing company with all the right customers, better performance, and a lot more potential. The people are the best I have ever worked with.
good place to work
materials management analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
overall good place to work. Does have some instability but hey it's the aerospace industry. Lay-off people they really need and keep those that they don't. A lot of management changes. would work there again,
Great company
Produtcion Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2015
I enjoy working for Spirit and their fast paced lean environment.
High stress job with no opportunity for advancement or pay raises
MRSA Planner (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 40 minute lunches, flex time, good benefits, holiday pay
Cons: see review
Spirit AeroSystems is no longer interested in rewarding hard working productive employees in the work force. The current Performance Management process for evaluating employees is now considered a "living breathing document," and can be changed at any time by management. Human Resources has required that each group within the company show that 10% of employees be considered and documented as "unacceptable," whether it is true or not. A compa ratio is also used to provided documentation for the company to say that an employee making above the medium pay for their pay grade will not be given an annual raise for that calendar year. The PM process has five levels and to receive annual raises and the annual bonus based on company performance requires each employee to maintain a "Meets Expectation," which is considered minimal requirements. Most employees I have worked with in the shop and in the office, in my ten years there at two different times, have demonstrated well above the "meets expectation" requirements. The new management team at Spirit is more focused on meeting shareholder expectations, improved cash flow and demand more work from fewer people, than to improve employee relations. Therefore, I cannot recommend Spirit Aerosystems as even a good place to work, at least in my experience the past year and a half. They have laid off hundreds without warning the past two plus years.
alot of good people
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), plant two wichita ks.January 14, 2015
challenging work environment fast paced love this kind work
Great, Just Great Place to Work
Stress Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville,TNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: management
It's a great place to work. Management is great at micromanaging. Getting needed information to do your job is sometimes ridiculous due to people being over worked, but they pay OT. Co-workers were the best part. They will always find a way to keep you looking up! The work load seems to be never ending. A lot of Airbus work, and working for Airbus is easy.
Great pay, bad supervisor
Process Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: very poor management at supervisor level
1st and 2nd level managers seem to think that great pay and excellent benefits means they can treat employees in a disrespectful manner. There are some good managers, but they are few and far between. Managers place too much stress on employees "have to motivate them somehow" was the excuse. Union is overrun with complaints. However, they do have great pay and offer excellent benefits. The movie Horrible Bosses can be used as a metaphor.
Like position, but not company games with my life.
Inspector, Fabrication and Assembly (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: just a number to be laid off
Never have been union before. Did not do any good, job was not protected. Laid off in 8 months.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: the pay was great
Cons: the union
Productive and fun work place. You come in and work. Management for the most part cared and tried to be honest.
Very fast paced and productive.
Sealer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 19, 2014
I am a sealer at this company, where I seal the main wheel well of the airplane. My co-workers and I work well as a team and in an individual setting. The management can be tough when necessary. The best part about my job is that I have a good partner, which we have fun yet get our job completed in a timely manner. The worst part about my job is the physical challenge, I climbed off/on a table all day and the excessive working above my head. In all the job and/or company is not bad. I am seeking a career change in Business Administration.
spirit aerosystems
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2014
spirit is an overall good company to work for. the people are friendly, the work load isn't too hard, they aren't too demanding and understand your needs
First Level Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2014
I loved my job at Spirit Aerosystems. I loved the fact that planes are still built in the heartland of America. I did like going to work everyday and think that I was making a difference.

1 2 3 4 5

About Spirit AeroSystems

We produce large aerostructures and components of the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems is one of the world’s – Read more

Spirit AeroSystems Salaries