Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

Spirit Aerosystems
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2015
Great place to work and gain crucial experience. Pay and benefits were a key in my decision to work for the company. Leadership in management was non-existent, as there were over 9 changes in management in the year I worked there.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2015
Great people, Great Manager, Enjoyed the working environment. Management worked hard to remove road blocks to progress and increase productivity.
Good Atmosphere
Business / Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits and bonus opportunity
Cons: Too much being managed from long distance, Wichita, rather than Tulsa.
Job changes/responsibilities were in process. Management locally is good, productive atmosphere, and co workers good to work . Hardest part of job was knowing who to contact for answers because of new SAP system and changing duties a the time. I learned a lot about SAP and the new IFS, financial tool being implemented.
Great Internship
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2015
I was an industrial engineer intern and was put in roles and responsibilities where I was able to learn and grow. The coworkers that I worked with were willing to help and also were willing to listen to my advise.
Great work atmosphere
Aircraft Structure Mechanic Gulfstream G650 (Current Employee), tulsa, okJune 15, 2015
Great work environment with opportunity for growth. Management takes notice to hard working employees. Great aviation job experience to advance your career further.
it's a good company to work for
Composite Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 28, 2015
I love to work for this company.Ability to work on large projects directly after hiring
Good pay and benefits
Very diverse range of employees
great work place
Skin Fab Quality & Painter (Former Employee), KansasMay 21, 2015
strong leadership skills and work ethic are just a few of the skills you learn here that will carry with you throughout life that you will learn here.
Air Craft manufacture
Mechanic in the drill out area (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Pros: great medical benifits
Cons: layoffs
Great job with a great Benefits the starting pay is not so good. The management seems to not know much about there job. The crew is very team oriented.
Very Robotic work environment
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good Money, Lots Of Overtime
Cons: Unrealistic demand on getting your work done.Pretty much have to live at work.
A very high paced no nonsense place to work.They have unlimited overtime and will allow you to work as many hours as you need to keep pace, you will need because you will have almost no time to blink.
Supply Chain Procurement Agent
Procurement Agent (Current Employee), Kinston, NCApril 23, 2015
Fast-pace work environment that is constantly evolving and changing with each new airplane that is produced. Extended hours and overtime.
Good pay, good benefits
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 22, 2015
Pay and benefits is about the only positive thing about working here other than job security. Management has a hard time communicating and was not very steady. Changed managers often.
great benefits
Aircraft mechanic/ inspection (Former Employee), wichitaApril 9, 2015
The Quality seems to be a problem and management doesn't seem to stick around, I had great coworkers I learned things all the way from first article inspection to how to determine ed margin.
like aything else your jobis what you make it , choose to enjoy it and you will
M04B Composite Mechanic and Machinist (Former Employee), wichita , ksMarch 28, 2015
totally was captured by the 787 program while I was involved our production rat was climbing and rework dropping I was apart of a very interesting program
productive and innovative campus
Test Engineer (Current Employee), wichita,ksMarch 27, 2015
good company to work for, great benefits. Fast paced environment with a wealth of experience spread throughout the company.
Schedule driven
Quality Assurance Technician / Inspector (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
Spirit aerosystems from the top down, no matter what they publicly say, are willing to sacrifice quality and saftey to maintain on time delivery.
Good job for raising a family.
M04 Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Wichita, KS.March 11, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime
It's a good job with good benefits...You can work a lot of overtime if you choose to. The people are good. The management team is okay. They just don't have them in place long enough for them to make a difference. The hardest part of the job is trying to make a difference. The best part of the job is the people...
Nothing good to say.
Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: a lot
Spirit is a hard place to work. With the dead lines that they must keep and the pace that they keep it is hard to train new employees properly. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Structure Mech.
Under Wing Mechanic MO2 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2015
 Drill, ream, countersink, and install fasteners in close tolerant holes including sheet metal and composite structure
The largest supplier of Commercial aircraft in the world.
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: top notch benifits as well as bonus incentives.
Cons: a unionized workforce can cause delays in productivity if care is not taken.
This career has led me to enhance my skills in several aspects of management. Spirit is one of the fastest-paced large manufacturing environments in the world. Brining together a world class system of exceeding customer demands, meeting with federal requirements, and continuous improvements in cost efficiency has became a daily challenge. The use of SAP to track performance is a pillar of what we do. Team building and motivation must be a priority in order to build a stronger company for the future. The constant needs to re-evaluate suppliers, customer demands, and shop efficiencies all tie into creating the best realization numbers possible. Our shareholders and stakeholders can take advantage of the strongest roots for an aircraft workforce anywhere in the world, and the ability to adapt that talent into the next generation of manufacturing has played a key role in my development as a leader.
If working 7 days a week is a plus....
Production Manager 787 MLE Boeing Program (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: exceptional pay
Cons: no home life
Typical production line. 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day. Union workforce with a contract that ties managements hands.
Headquarters