Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

As a whole a good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2017
A good place to work benifits were good and everyone was excellent to work with management tried to get the job done at all costs. but i felt that sometimes quality was sacrificed for schedule. I did enjoy working there but my mistake i signed agreements with the company that would not allow me to work for spirit again either as a permant employee or contract employee which was my mistake and i do regret that because i would have liked to go back at least as a contractor it was within 60 miles of my house and it would have made my retirement much easier.
Pros
good benifits and salary for the work provided. good people to work with .
Cons
sometimes schedule was more important than good work
workplace
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for Spirit Aerosystem. Most of my co-workers had good work ethnics and did their jobs while at work. Like in most companies there will be the few that will not pull their own work and just come to work to do little work for the most pay. I enjoyed that ALL LEVEL OF MANAGEMENT would come to me if there was an important rework tag that need to be fixed promptly and properly. Most of the management would say that I did more work in a half of a shift then others would do in a 40 hour week. I gave 200% while at work. I would stay way past my shift in order to get the job done and my work area cleaned.
Pros
benefits health care profit sharing 401k
Cons
short breaks lay offs
The company overall could improve in many areas
Work Experiences - Paul Prochaska (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2016
Learning , growing in the computer science field a little more each day, expanding knowledge horizons. Interfacing and interacting with co-workers as necessary to achieve organizational goals. Stretching the capabilities to gain knowledge and complete tasks can be the hardest and at the same time most rewarding. Being successful , accomplishing tasks, enjoying the learning experience , and sharing ideas and knowledge with co-workers are many of the enjoyable parts of the job. These are all things that I would pick as positive highlights that should be a given. Not always so at Boeing/Spirit. In many areas control over processes and policies came above knowledge advancement fo the individual. These were the hardest parts of the job. Stymied personal growth by controlling managers and leads.
Pros
Good benefits, good work experience, knowledge growth
Cons
Bad environment, office politics and work group disruptions, favoritism
Typical Mega Employer
Supply Chain Program Managment (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 23, 2016
Spirit Aerosystems is quite typical of many mega companies. The primary focus is return on investment and generating cash often at the expense of employees who are expected to do more with fewer and fewer resources. The benefits are very good, and if you have the right manager, the job is rewarding. The environment is very fast paced and hectic.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Stressful work environment
Its a great place to work
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67210December 9, 2016
Spirit aero systems is a very professional place to work in for the aircraft industry. They have a lot to offer career wise they provide the tools for you to advance in your career inside the job and really find where you want to be in 5 to 10 years from now.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
short lunches, peoples attitudes
Management through Intimidation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 15, 2017
This is no longer the same company I hired into it. Benefits have been diminishing every contract negotiation. Nepotism runs rampant is this company, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Back-stabbing management
Decent place to work. Good pay.
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 10, 2017
Plenty of work - always had more than enough to keep a person busy every day. Didn't always agree with direction we were heading, but didn't have any choice as we were being paid to do a job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Promotions not always based on performance
Inconsistent management
M01C mechanic (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2017
Management should focus more on its employees well being. It's not a bad place to make a living for your family. The pay is really good and the benefits are awesome.
Smooth operation.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2017
Great communication, good moral overall. Benefits are great, overtime is in abundance and left to one's own discretion usually. No complaints. Salary was acceptable.
Pros
Great overtime pay
Cons
Starting wage was lower than expected
Staying Competive
Composite Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 19, 2016
Management at Spirit is not like the Management that Boeing had. Most Managers at Spirit have worked a little bit on the floor as a worker or they do not have experience at all. Some of them have been in the shops for a year or so and still have no idea what is going on. Most of them leave the workers to solve issues within
the shop. Managers are quite hard to find sometimes, when there are problems.

Managers need to coordinate more with employees and get more involved as to any problems that arise, so they can be more familiar with the shop.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
Needs improvement within the company

Want to know more about Spirit AeroSystems?

Ask a question
Good steady job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2017
You will make good pay and have good benefits but you will be stuck on constant Manatory overtime while good for money bad for life
Pros
Good income and benefits
Cons
Low free time due to work times
Productive Place to work....
Industrial Engineer/Lead Analyst Level (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2016
Good benefits, so it's worth starting at a lower pay.
Management doesn't bother you.
Once a year raises, you can get good raises if your liked.
Most of the Co-workers are good
Benefits
Cons
They changed the dress code
Great benefits.
Capacity Planner/Prod (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2016
Great benefits. The company is currently going through leadership changes. Tough to make changes and advance new ideas. Many are set in their ways and shy away from change.
Benefits
Contractor
Continous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2016
Working as a contractor it is a good job to have with the pay that does come with it. The downfall to it is that there are no benefits so you do have to provide your own.
Not the best place to work for
Level 4 Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 26, 2016
* A typical day at work is very stressful and high pressure.
* Leadership expectations are vague or nonexistent
* I learned patience, perseverance, political savvy
* Management are nonexistent
* Co-workers are exceptional.
* Hardest part of the job is dealing with nonexistent expectations and getting reprimanded for the vague expectations.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is going home at night.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Vacation Time
Cons
Anybody manager and above.
Good place to develop skills and move on
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 7, 2016
Spirit is a good place to start a career or a good place to stay for a few years to develop skills and move on. The company is a world class Aerospace structures supplier so there is good experience to pick up and knowledgeable people to learn from while working on new airplanes.

The downside however is that the company is way too reliant on Boeing work and most of the employees still think that they work for Boeing which limits opportunities to diversify work. Management is also extremely shortsighted, focusing on immediate cash flow by constantly cutting costs on the facilities, benefits and research and development. The result is a culture where most of the employees are unhappy and innovation is stifled. This leads to the future looking pretty bleak.
Good place to work, made friends with many people. I liked being responsible for my own work.
G280 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2016
Great place to work and a good place to start building a career in aerospace. Management was pretty good to work with as they gave us ownership in our part of the assemblies. My only reason for leaving was to relocate closer to my family. I tried unsuccessfully to transfer between Tulsa and Wichita. Termination was my only alternative to get back to them.
Great Aerospace company
CNC programmer (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 26, 2016
The job with Spirit was the best job I had in my carrier. Great co-workers and management that gives you opportunities to advance.
Pros
Great benefits
Spirit
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 1, 2016
Spirit pays well but I concerned with job security, I need a job were I feel secure. Spirit should also treat production management better
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security
A great place to work
First Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2016
I liked working at Spirit Aerosystems. The pay and the benefits are excellent. The work hours were long but the work was rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit AeroSystems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8