Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

I love working in Aerospace.
Bonder (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2015
Pros: great benifits, great managment
Cons: lazy co-workers
I really liked the management but the Employee Represented Union was terrible. Excellent job with great benefits. Hard to deal with lazy co-workers. I really loved the work and the work environment.
Toolmaker
Tooling Technician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 14, 2015
basically reworked old and new tools. Loved my job would do it again worked with blueprints powertoold forklift. I drilled holes in material
stressful and low quality
assembly (Current Employee), wichitaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: sorry management
My experience has been an overall sorry company to work for.Was put on a new project and was rushed thru with no training and no management insight.Worst of all we were not given any tools they said they were on order and that was 7 months ago.Very sad supervisors and an I don't care attitude Low worker moral and forced to work long hours
Great pay and Benefits
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2015
However, I got laid off. Seemed like every week there was a rumor going somewhere that we were all gonna get fired or whatever. I wondered how some of the mgmt even got a job in the first place. The union is just there to take yr dues every check... they don't give a $#!+ about you.
Terrible Executives
Technical Support (Current Employee), Kinston, NCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Okay beneifts
Cons: hours of work, managers, union
Work is work but at the Kinston facility they take it to a whole new level. People are sick from the long hours and stressful environment. Serioulsy if you want work some place else do so.

If only the managers were bad, but the Chief Union Steward is a piece of work. The Union will bully you.
Great Company to work for.
Assembly Mechanic (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Job security
Cons: management, advancement opportunities
Overall a good place to be employed. Only complaints would be management structure is poor due to constantly changing mangers around. Also we do not receive the tools we need to complete our work and are often told to "find a way to finish it" And my biggest complaint is that after i finished my degree and started to look into moving up within my company, i found that they did provide any opportunities or guidance to move up. But other than that the work and people are enjoyable to work with and the benefits the company offers are outstanding.
Spirit Aerosystems
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2015
Great place to work and gain crucial experience. Pay and benefits were a key in my decision to work for the company. Leadership in management was non-existent, as there were over 9 changes in management in the year I worked there.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2015
Great people, Great Manager, Enjoyed the working environment. Management worked hard to remove road blocks to progress and increase productivity.
Good Atmosphere
Business / Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits and bonus opportunity
Cons: Too much being managed from long distance, Wichita, rather than Tulsa.
Job changes/responsibilities were in process. Management locally is good, productive atmosphere, and co workers good to work . Hardest part of job was knowing who to contact for answers because of new SAP system and changing duties a the time. I learned a lot about SAP and the new IFS, financial tool being implemented.
Great Internship
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2015
I was an industrial engineer intern and was put in roles and responsibilities where I was able to learn and grow. The coworkers that I worked with were willing to help and also were willing to listen to my advise.
Great work atmosphere
Aircraft Structure Mechanic Gulfstream G650 (Current Employee), tulsa, okJune 15, 2015
Great work environment with opportunity for growth. Management takes notice to hard working employees. Great aviation job experience to advance your career further.
it's a good company to work for
Composite Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 28, 2015
I love to work for this company.Ability to work on large projects directly after hiring
Good pay and benefits
Very diverse range of employees
great work place
Skin Fab Quality & Painter (Former Employee), KansasMay 21, 2015
strong leadership skills and work ethic are just a few of the skills you learn here that will carry with you throughout life that you will learn here.
Air Craft manufacture
Mechanic in the drill out area (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Pros: great medical benifits
Cons: layoffs
Great job with a great Benefits the starting pay is not so good. The management seems to not know much about there job. The crew is very team oriented.
Very Robotic work environment
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good Money, Lots Of Overtime
Cons: Unrealistic demand on getting your work done.Pretty much have to live at work.
A very high paced no nonsense place to work.They have unlimited overtime and will allow you to work as many hours as you need to keep pace, you will need because you will have almost no time to blink.
Supply Chain Procurement Agent
Procurement Agent (Current Employee), Kinston, NCApril 23, 2015
Fast-pace work environment that is constantly evolving and changing with each new airplane that is produced. Extended hours and overtime.
Good pay, good benefits
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 22, 2015
Pay and benefits is about the only positive thing about working here other than job security. Management has a hard time communicating and was not very steady. Changed managers often.
great benefits
Aircraft mechanic/ inspection (Former Employee), wichitaApril 9, 2015
The Quality seems to be a problem and management doesn't seem to stick around, I had great coworkers I learned things all the way from first article inspection to how to determine ed margin.
like aything else your jobis what you make it , choose to enjoy it and you will
M04B Composite Mechanic and Machinist (Former Employee), wichita , ksMarch 28, 2015
totally was captured by the 787 program while I was involved our production rat was climbing and rework dropping I was apart of a very interesting program
productive and innovative campus
Test Engineer (Current Employee), wichita,ksMarch 27, 2015
good company to work for, great benefits. Fast paced environment with a wealth of experience spread throughout the company.
Headquarters