Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

Great work atmosphere
Aircraft Structure Mechanic Gulfstream G650 (Current Employee), tulsa, okJune 15, 2015
Great work environment with opportunity for growth. Management takes notice to hard working employees. Great aviation job experience to advance your career further.
it's a good company to work for
Composite Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 28, 2015
I love to work for this company.Ability to work on large projects directly after hiring
Good pay and benefits
Very diverse range of employees
great work place
Skin Fab Quality & Painter (Former Employee), KansasMay 21, 2015
strong leadership skills and work ethic are just a few of the skills you learn here that will carry with you throughout life that you will learn here.
Air Craft manufacture
Mechanic in the drill out area (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2015
Pros: great medical benifits
Cons: layoffs
Great job with a great Benefits the starting pay is not so good. The management seems to not know much about there job. The crew is very team oriented.
Very Robotic work environment
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good Money, Lots Of Overtime
Cons: Unrealistic demand on getting your work done.Pretty much have to live at work.
A very high paced no nonsense place to work.They have unlimited overtime and will allow you to work as many hours as you need to keep pace, you will need because you will have almost no time to blink.
Supply Chain Procurement Agent
Procurement Agent (Current Employee), Kinston, NCApril 23, 2015
Fast-pace work environment that is constantly evolving and changing with each new airplane that is produced. Extended hours and overtime.
Good pay, good benefits
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 22, 2015
Pay and benefits is about the only positive thing about working here other than job security. Management has a hard time communicating and was not very steady. Changed managers often.
great benefits
Aircraft mechanic/ inspection (Former Employee), wichitaApril 9, 2015
The Quality seems to be a problem and management doesn't seem to stick around, I had great coworkers I learned things all the way from first article inspection to how to determine ed margin.
like aything else your jobis what you make it , choose to enjoy it and you will
M04B Composite Mechanic and Machinist (Former Employee), wichita , ksMarch 28, 2015
totally was captured by the 787 program while I was involved our production rat was climbing and rework dropping I was apart of a very interesting program
productive and innovative campus
Test Engineer (Current Employee), wichita,ksMarch 27, 2015
good company to work for, great benefits. Fast paced environment with a wealth of experience spread throughout the company.
Schedule driven
Quality Assurance Technician / Inspector (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
Spirit aerosystems from the top down, no matter what they publicly say, are willing to sacrifice quality and saftey to maintain on time delivery.
Good job for raising a family.
M04 Composite Mechanic (Current Employee), Wichita, KS.March 11, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime
It's a good job with good benefits...You can work a lot of overtime if you choose to. The people are good. The management team is okay. They just don't have them in place long enough for them to make a difference. The hardest part of the job is trying to make a difference. The best part of the job is the people...
Nothing good to say.
Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: a lot
Spirit is a hard place to work. With the dead lines that they must keep and the pace that they keep it is hard to train new employees properly. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Structure Mech.
Under Wing Mechanic MO2 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2015
 Drill, ream, countersink, and install fasteners in close tolerant holes including sheet metal and composite structure
The largest supplier of Commercial aircraft in the world.
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: top notch benifits as well as bonus incentives.
Cons: a unionized workforce can cause delays in productivity if care is not taken.
This career has led me to enhance my skills in several aspects of management. Spirit is one of the fastest-paced large manufacturing environments in the world. Brining together a world class system of exceeding customer demands, meeting with federal requirements, and continuous improvements in cost efficiency has became a daily challenge. The use of SAP to track performance is a pillar of what we do. Team building and motivation must be a priority in order to build a stronger company for the future. The constant needs to re-evaluate suppliers, customer demands, and shop efficiencies all tie into creating the best realization numbers possible. Our shareholders and stakeholders can take advantage of the strongest roots for an aircraft workforce anywhere in the world, and the ability to adapt that talent into the next generation of manufacturing has played a key role in my development as a leader.
If working 7 days a week is a plus....
Production Manager 787 MLE Boeing Program (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: exceptional pay
Cons: no home life
Typical production line. 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day. Union workforce with a contract that ties managements hands.
I enjoyed working in Metrology Lab
Metrology Engineer and Metrology Statistician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: metrology lab itself is very well organize and work very efficient.
Cons: the quality of spirit is going down, since they keep pushing more productions, but reduce quality head and reduce quality time to make sure quality parts meet specifications.
I do multiple tasks every day. Always something comes up. I had good team and good people to work with. My manager is a very nice gentleman.
I felt like I was accomplishing something
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: using requested work hours.
Cons: job evaluations
I enjoyed the opportunity to go to work each day. I felt like I was doing something of value as I found the answers to problems, no matter how big or how small. I preferred being able to go to work early. As I was allowed to work the hours that I requested I had no problems in working with management or my co-workers. I never refused to work longer or extra hours, if it was necessary. I made every effort possible to make myself available for everyone I had to work with.

I made every effort possible to learn and understand how CATIA V5, and ENOVIA, was used. I worked with my co-workers to understand how to effectively use the program to make better designs or changes to the designs.

I worked to organize all of the jobs that I was doing and also how to effectively accomplish the work. I had to utilize Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.

At times the most difficult part of my day was having to leave my desk. I enjoyed the challenges of the work each day. I was not afraid to visit with co-workers, or management, to get their opinions or support for any project.
Best aerostructures supplier with great potential
Functional leader (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: always something new to learn, never boring.
Cons: effect of pm system chasing away best professionals and leaders
Spirit was a great place to learn the industry and, with a great boss, one has opportunities to grow and to lead. In the time I was there, there was a lot of firefighting, but those were opportunities to learn and show what a coordinated team and game plan could do for the company. The performance management system is not the best, but hopefully that will be temporary. Only then could it contend as a great place to work. It's a growing company with all the right customers, better performance, and a lot more potential. The people are the best I have ever worked with.
good place to work
materials management analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
overall good place to work. Does have some instability but hey it's the aerospace industry. Lay-off people they really need and keep those that they don't. A lot of management changes. would work there again,

1 2 3 4 5

About Spirit AeroSystems

We produce large aerostructures and components of the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems is one of the world’s – Read more

Spirit AeroSystems Salaries