Spirit AeroSystems

Spirit AeroSystems Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Systems and Payload Team Lead - 787 Program (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 28, 2016
I have worked for Spirit Aerosystems for roughly three-years and really enjoy the people I work with and work for. Although I am a Team Lead, I really want to move into Non-Destructive Testing, but there are very few positions available at this time. I have to leave, but I also want to pursue an opportunity in NDI and use my education.
Pros
Great work environment, great people, and excellent benefits.
Cons
Limited positions in NDI - no room for advancement
Overall good place to work.
N/C Programmer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2016
Overall good place to work. Going in wrong direction, as far as employees are concerned. I work with good people, 1st level management is good and I can flex in if needed.
Good job
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Great place to work. Good training, growing career, a good way to learn and grow within the aerospace industry. My opinion id, it's s good place to work and grow at. I give it a positive review.
Company Overview
Supply Chain - Supplier Management & Procurement (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2016
Spirit AeroSystems overall is a good place to work with the ability to be apart of a company that builds extraordinary products, such as the aircrafts it does.
Pros
Good benefits.
Analytical challenging requiring the need to be innovative
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2016
Appreciated the opportunity to be innovative and try new techniques. Being recently divested from Boeing required the development of a new culture and processes.
Pros
An opportunity to apply mathmatical/statistical analysis in a business environment
Cons
Nothing significant
Great poeple to work with as a team.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2016
Liked working here, but jobs are being moved to Wichita. Future of this site is unsure. Great place to work if you can get something permanent.
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
Jobs are going away.
Productive and fun work environment
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 13, 2016
All around good place to work very good benefits. Worked on the assembly of the plane. Management was superb. I learned a lot from this company. Hardest part was going through the transition and not getting parts on arrival. Watching build the fuselage of the planes
challange
First Level Manager, Major Assembly (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 5, 2016
Overall, the daily challenge is to do what is expected of us as managers, and to relay this information and expectations to the mechanics. Some challenges are capable of being met, others are going to be extremely difficult, and a few will not be obtainable.
Pros
health benefits, and 401K
No micro management providing you did your job
QN's. Work QA Approval (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Interesting place to work as no day was the same. Allowed you to work independently providing you completed your job to the highest standards.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Frequent lay offs.
Great company to work for.
Engineering, Certification Group (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2015
Responsible for the coordinating the qualification efforts with the suppliers on the BR725 qualification/certification program for the Gulfstream G650 aircraft.
Pros
Challenging and exciting job. Not boring.
Cons
Wonderous and amazing facility.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 23, 2015
Learned a lot there. Co-workers were great. State of the art equipment and technology. But,to many levels of management. The message got lost or misinterpreted in the grapevine. One hand never knew what the other was doing.To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Also worked 27 out of 30 days a month. The employees have no family time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No life
s
650D Structure Mechanic - FOD Focal - Union Focal (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 20, 2015
good overtime and money, good place for benefits and job security. not good for career advancement and the union only helps the not so well rounded employees keep jobs
Pretty good place to work
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2015
Spirit is a decent place to work. Co-workers are enjoyable and help each other. Politics can get in the way of being completely effective.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks, management isnt clear on company goals
Good people
Assembly Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 15, 2015
There are a lot of really good people to work with on both the management and Union workers but some of them have some bad habits.
challenging yet rewarding position
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 12, 2015
I love my job their I work their for 13 mo and I was fired from my job with out a warning and I was in the Union they did nothing to help me and I had hope they would see a way to help me to get my job back.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad mamagement
Inhanced my experiance in Manufacturing
AIRCRAFT ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2015
A great place to learn and grow in the aviation manufacturing environment. The union has poor member work ethic check and enforcement. The floor managers are often disorganized and are numbers driven. Poor company management to floor communication and issue resolutions.
Pros
Great pay, excellent insurance
Cons
Short lunch, short breaks and poor management structure.
Started out good, ended bad
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2015
Managers like to dictate, union has lost any and all power. Poorest morale of any place I have ever worked. Terrible safety procedures, no interest in employees health well being or family. Stock prices and production are #1.
Overall Great Company
Financial Business & Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2015
Overall, very happy with my experience at Spirit Aerosystems, Great teamwork in every department and enjoyed work interactions. Quarterly reporting periods became very intense, with some overtime expected. There was frustration with some lack of communications, which did occasionly require rework or project completion delay. I did look forward to working in a great teamwork environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of 100% communications
My co-workers are the reason to come to work. Good environment and great teamwork
SCM Program Manager/Procurement Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2015
The culture/environment is not my ideal place to be. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. My department is a good mix of personalities and make the job worth making it in everyday. I've learned that working within a large organization, communication is lost and not translated to the key people who deal with the day to day functions within each department.
Great place to work for
Structural Mechanic/ Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2015
I enjoy working there in a typical days work you would do technical drilling, countersinking, and much much more. everyday is a challenge which makes work fun and non-repetitive. if anyone is looking for a job when they are hiring you should apply.
Pros
great work atmosphere