Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews

fast pace and intense
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2016
A typical day at work consist of delayed and cancelled flight, angry passengers, long lines, lifting bags. The management is decent its not easy everyday there is something new with the operations, my co-workers are great and friendly, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the delays, cancellations and angry passengers, the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and traveling.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
disorganized, short breaks, no healthcare
Workplace
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 16, 2016
Spirit is a great place to work. Loved the environment and the guys I worked with. Job was great and it came with great perks.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 6, 2016
little or no chance of growth
long hours with low pay
extensive delay times
cancelled flights
Great co-workers
nice supervisors
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no growth
great palce to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2016
Being a flight attendant at spirit airlines is fun, full of life and exciting. The people are great and it's a great company. Management needs to be looked at, besides that I would recommend it.
Sales Representative
Pilot Base Coordinator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 4, 2016
The customers who came into the store were very interesting, looking for new styles of clothing. they would ask you a thousand questions about the clothes throughout the store. other than that the job was great
Great job.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 3, 2016
Great place and people and the only down fall was the pay to start off at. Other than that it is a great place and very physical job to do.
Working Here is Horrendous
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 1, 2016
It only takes about 3 days to realize there is a serious lack of support in the IT department, after the disaster that occurred to Delta Airlines' IT department in recent months, you would think Spirit would learn from that. Well you would be wrong. As it pertains to the Service Desk not only are we short staffed, but we are also mistreated, mismanaged, and disrespected by many of the other departments throughout IT. You would think an airline's IT department would share information with the one's at the front lines in hopes that they can relay pertinent information to end users. But again you would be wrong. The department is so divided and political that it makes it hard to find a reason to come to work other than then under market paycheck. I am assuming job security is at play when the senior admins treat you like second rate citizens but I'm just speculating. If you are looking to start your career in IT keep looking but if you are content with mediocrity and secretarial work, this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Stand-by Flights (Full-Time Employees Only)
Cons
Political, Disrespectful Staff, Under appreciation of Talent, Mismanagement
Nickel & Dime company
Customer Service Agent / Customer Movement Manager (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 1, 2016
Flight benefits are great, but the customer service is horrible. The management treats the workers horribly and then in turn the workers treat customers horribly. Vicious cycle.
Productive workplace.
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
All work no time for play always kept busy. My work days where always timed plenty to do with work load. I was always busy with work from mechanics kept me on my toes. I learned a lot from the airline mechanics.
High Stress Environment
IT Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 24, 2016
At Spirit Airlines I came in as a Customer Service agent (part time) and then moved to an IT Analyst junior position which was basically an internship. After a year in the "Internship" I wasn't offered a full-time position and wasn't allowed to apply for other full-time positions I was qualified for. I was held in my "Internship" role without being able to gain a full-time position one full year after working very hard. I eventually decided that it wasn't my type of working environment.
Pros
Gained Experience
Cons
Under funded
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 24, 2016
Taking 200 plus call daily. I learned a great deal about sales. The management team had an open door policy. My co-workers were team players . The hardest part of my job was to deliver bad news to the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was downtime.
Pros
Flying Benefits
Cons
Understaffed
this was a great job
Airline Captain (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2016
I was an Airline Captain. Great career, excellent income, wonderful benefits. Lost my medical due to an illness, I am no longer eligible to fly jets.
Pros
perfect job for me
Cons
i cant fly anymore
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Great career for young individuals who want to travel and live a good life! My day is filled with great people and adventure.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Company still growi
Is a good place to learn how to deal with difficult clients, situation and how to make decisions
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ft. lauderdale AirportSeptember 14, 2016
Every day is different at the airlines industry from doing a ck inn to denied boarding a aggressive passenger. Team work is essential to complete our job, following the federal law and the aviation procedures.
The hardest part of the job is when a aggressive passenger have to be care.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a passenger say thanks for you excellent customer service.
Pros
Everything that i learn every day.
Cons
The miss comunication and the inconsistency.
its a job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 9, 2016
its a basic labor job. move things from one place to another. I had fun some days, and hated my life on others. Met some cool friends, also saw a lot of favoritism and cronysim...
Wonderful Company to Work For
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TX 75261September 9, 2016
The only negative, Lower Lever Mgmt. (Inflight Supervisors) offer very poor management ability as the turnover rate is high. But other than that, this is the best job in the world, you're paid to go vacation every day, somewhere new.
Cool job
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2016
The Job was great but the company is not. You don't feel valued as an employee. I felt like a penny if I got fired or quit they wouldn't care . Flying benefits were cool that is the only perk.
great to gain work expriance
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
obtained alot of valuable information and skills by working for the company. Met alot of people, I also learned to deal with certain ppl and learned to hande large crowds.
productive and fun place to work
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
a day of work at this place consisits of standing all day charging customers for tickets, bags , unaccompanied minor. this job helped me to be more efficient with the computers.magement and co workers were always so welcoming and nice. the hard part of the job was the customers missing their plane because they have to reschedule another flight. i enjoyed meeting different people around the world.
Pros
getting access to go through employee portals
n/a
Crew Train Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 2, 2016
At this time I do not wish to disclose any information regarding my previous work experience with spirit airlines.I did not find it enjoyable and was not treated fairly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9