Spirit Cruises

Spirit Cruises Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work while in school
Commissary Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2014
Pros: social events, free food, fun people
Cons: compensation, intensives, reliability, steady job
flexible schedule and great people, great social events and parties, lots of different personnel, and styles, very diverse and multicultural, but overall just a great place to work while you are working on improving yourself and need some money on the side. Good for a career in Marketing and Sales.
very educational
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2014
this job will make you think on all levels as well as enhance you knowledge of wines and fine foods
Enjoyable, worthwhile
Servers Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Spirit cruises is a great place to work, the culture of the business definitely makes the work environment an enjoyable place.
fast paced but coworkers make it fun
Server (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great tips
Cons: no breaks
we usually have to take the guest to there seat offer them drinks throughout the cruise. The managers are very helpful and are always trying to make the guest as happy as possible. the hardest part is making the guest happy when they don't get what they were promised in the package. another difficult obstacle is resetting the boat when there is a quick turn around. The tips are sometimes so amazing it makes it all worth it. my co workers ( Including managers) make it so much fun.
fun place to work
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2013
typical day at work was working in the same shift every time i had to work
my co-workers they where hard workers and always seeing if others needed there help
the hardest part was working in the different shift
the most enjoyable part was seeing the clients happy and enjoying them self
Great view of New York City
Bartender (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
I learned different cultures from tourists and how they enjoy life. Management was awesome very helpful as well as my shipmates. The hardest part of leaving work was I still felt I was moving in place because of the water. But overall is was a great place to work.
The Worklife at Spirit Cruises
Ticket agent/supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2013
Working for this company in the past has been the best job i have worked for in my life. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect. Ive learned how to become more a peoples person and how to enjoy my day at work and the people im surrounded by. Management in this company is a blessing. Co-workers are the best. there is never any conflict between anyone and everyone always have a smile. The hardest part i would say is the weather. The part that is most enjoyable is meeting all the new people. Having fun with your fellow co-workers and management. Coming to work and seeing everyone around you with a smile even on there bad day is really a great feelings. I love this company!
good place to start off at when your begining to look for a job
Deck Hand (Former Employee), new yokMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free food . meeting very interesting individuals (passengers/staff)
Cons: no lunch . long periods of standing . little promotion
a good job for college kids with crazy schedules and need a good end to keep some change in your pocket . very exciting and unusual . not the kind of job you would expect it to be . lots of pros not to many cons
I enjoyed working with Spirit Cruises
Deck Hand (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 6, 2012
Working with Spirit Cruises was a wonderful and learning experience. I plan to apply for a job there next season.
management
server (Former Employee), New YorkMay 8, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
this was one of the WORST companies I have ever worked for. PLEASE do not apply if your are an adult with adult bills. Work is not consistent and managers will give their friends more shifts or shifts that they can make money on. Management is super SHADY !! Too much drama.
A great job teeming with creative individuals
Efficiency Manager/Singing Lead Server (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2012
Pros: high pay grade, great co-workers
Cons: management
Good job to have if you are pursuing something else and a great fall back. They are welcoming and accommodating for any work or study schedule.
productive place
Line Cook (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch
I enjoyed every aspect of being with Spirit Cruises from the co-workers to the experiance. I enjoyed being on a boat and the view of NewYork City waters. I learned pretty much everything being in the kitchen as far as food handling procedures and knowledege of kitchen utenzils and equipment.
Its great for students
Singing Server (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaFebruary 16, 2012
Its a great job if your want to gain some food service experience. Managment isn't consistant but it is very profitable.