Spirit Cruises Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly company
Hostess/Server Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJune 2, 2017
Great place to work and very friendly.
I gain a lot of experience here. For example how to be a cashier and a waitress. Also a hostess and a cater for private parties.
Exciting work place!
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02210May 12, 2017
Two hours before the cruise began we started prepping the tables. Putting out appetizers was also part of my job. I also served the tables and would talk and interact with guests.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Being cold
great place to work
Restaurant/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
fun environment to work in. There is always a party going on. unfortunately you weren't invited. my job was to make sure everybody else had a good time.
Terrible company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
Worked as an executive chef. Management was very disrespectful to staff , very long hours , and pay was way below scale. They hype the company to get you in and then you find out what a terrible company it really is.
Pros
Cons
The whole companys mission plane. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY !!!!!!
Job Review
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2016
Great atmosphere, amazing place to work especially during the summer busy months!.There was never a dull moment working there. Talking to new people everyday made the job a great place to work because you would never know who you could run into.
Pros
Lot of hours during buy season!
Cons
seasonal job!
Fun and Productive work environment
Quality Assurance/Reservation representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 17, 2016
Previously known as Spirit Cruises, this company now includes the Odyssey Harbor Cruise ships and is now called Entertainment Cruises, LLC. It is also now located in Chicago, IL. This company is great for anyone who loves talking to people on the phone and enjoys a fast paced job. There are lots of opportunities for advancement, good benefits, and opportunities to make extra money. Expect to work some weekend and holiday hours if you accept a position in the call center.
Pros
Many perks
Cons
Short breaks
Family Owned
First Mate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
As one of the owners theirs not much I can say fun working environment. lots of hard work that sometimes does go unnoticed
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
health insurance
Fun and Diverse workplace
Deckhand/Able-Bodied Seaman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
I learned a load of nautical terms as well as how to handle emergencies on the water. In a typical day of work you most likely won't have any emergencies but will almost always have a great time. The passengers are fun as well as the crew. This is a great place to work.
Pros
free lunch, discounted cruising, complimentary cruising
Cons
no actual breaks and small pay
great training
Senior Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
great work environment..training and learning tools. great people to work with. promote within the company. gives charitable donations. they have a great foundation
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
long work hours
good job if you love boats and people
Cruise Narrator/ First mate/ (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2015
A typical day on the Sea Dog starts off slow...you come in, check the fuels, oil levels, make sure you have everything the boat needs for the day and so on. Then you're off! selling tickets greeting customers and giving tours. I typically would work 12 hour days giving tours all day, and I loved that part. it gave me a sense of fulfillment.

At first it was grueling with the summer heat and long hours. But in the process I learned how to show just about anyone a good time. I learned how to speak to a large group of 100+ people at the same time, and not have a bit of nervousness in my body doing so.

The type of work I did required a certain kind of person. A person of not only strong mental, and physical fortitude; but also a person warm hearted, selfless, and mindful enough to know that its all about the experience of the guest. The job required a person who could not just push a 110 pound ramp with no wheels but also sing happy birthday to a young guest or acknowledge an aniversary without being told to do so. So with that being said I had some of the best co-workers in the world. The nature of the job naturally filters out the ones who don't fit.

The hardest part of the job was feeling looked over after busting my butt in 90 degree weather. Crawling around in a hot engine room checking oils, pushing, lifting, pulling, heavy stuff in the direct heat in the direct sun for hours on end, and feeling like it was all in vain.
The best part of the job was feeling all those negative emotions dissolve when I saw the appreciation in the faces, and smiles of happy passengers.
  more... The very best part was when those passengers came back to ride with me again because they loved my effort.

This was truly a job were how hard you worked translated into how much you earned
Pros
new people everyday, self discovery, outside on a speed boat everyday
Cons
long hours of direct sunlight.
energetic people that get their work done and still have fun
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Harbor downtownSeptember 2, 2015
Productive people that work hard in such a small enviroment
with music playing that everyone likes.The rainy days were boring because there were less people to mingle with.
Pros
free food, fun people
Cons
short breaks, long hours
One of the greatest jobs I acquired
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Spirit Cruises was great as a occupation. The environment was outstanding. Starting from the employees to the managing staff everyone was just amazing.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
short breaks
nice work environment
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, NYMay 8, 2014
Very interesting to work on a boat. Learned about seated dinning room experience. get co-workers that make you feel welcomed and included. very good work enviorment.
Fun Place to work while in school
Commissary Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
flexible schedule and great people, great social events and parties, lots of different personnel, and styles, very diverse and multicultural, but overall just a great place to work while you are working on improving yourself and need some money on the side. Good for a career in Marketing and Sales.
Pros
Social Events, Free food, fun people
Cons
compensation, intensives, reliability, steady job
very educational
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2014
this job will make you think on all levels as well as enhance you knowledge of wines and fine foods
Enjoyable, worthwhile
Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Spirit cruises is a great place to work, the culture of the business definitely makes the work environment an enjoyable place.
fast paced but coworkers make it fun
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
we usually have to take the guest to there seat offer them drinks throughout the cruise. The managers are very helpful and are always trying to make the guest as happy as possible. the hardest part is making the guest happy when they don't get what they were promised in the package. another difficult obstacle is resetting the boat when there is a quick turn around. The tips are sometimes so amazing it makes it all worth it. my co workers ( Including managers) make it so much fun.
Pros
great tips
Cons
no breaks
fun place to work
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2013
typical day at work was working in the same shift every time i had to work
my co-workers they where hard workers and always seeing if others needed there help
the hardest part was working in the different shift
the most enjoyable part was seeing the clients happy and enjoying them self
Great view of New York City
Bartender (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
I learned different cultures from tourists and how they enjoy life. Management was awesome very helpful as well as my shipmates. The hardest part of leaving work was I still felt I was moving in place because of the water. But overall is was a great place to work.
The Worklife at Spirit Cruises
Ticket agent/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2013
Working for this company in the past has been the best job i have worked for in my life. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect. Ive learned how to become more a peoples person and how to enjoy my day at work and the people im surrounded by. Management in this company is a blessing. Co-workers are the best. there is never any conflict between anyone and everyone always have a smile. The hardest part i would say is the weather. The part that is most enjoyable is meeting all the new people. Having fun with your fellow co-workers and management. Coming to work and seeing everyone around you with a smile even on there bad day is really a great feelings. I love this company!