Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Bad management bad communication
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts up to 30%. If you like Halloween you'll have fun, great people environment, great merchandise.
Cons: Bag management not organize, low pay for the amount of work, no communication, no training to learn their system, no time management.
I was hired as Store Manager in Orlando, I only worked one day and resigned that afternoon because of the mess of a company. I arrived in the morning and the district manager gave me the keys to the store but from that point on I was not a store manager no more. I became a labor worker which is fine by me if I was hired as a labor worker but I was there a day and never got to learn the system nor got to see the registers and how everything works. No training in their basic system at all. They wanted me to hire people and train them the same week but I never got to see any information in regards to their procedures. The store was a mess and I had to work the floor and fix the store myself that only day I worked because the company didn't hire the people they needed. Mind you the store needed 26 employees and they only had six and only 2 working per shift. The worst part in all this is that I came in on Monday and the store had to open on Wednesday no matter if the store was ready or not and at that point the store was not even ready by a 30%. Merchandise on the floor missing inventory, district manager was a mess and didn't even know how to organize or prioritize. I left the same day I started working cause it was a complete mess in every possible way. I could go on and on with more things to say about my experience but is not worth it.
A fun way to spend the holiday season!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILAugust 27, 2015
This has been one of my favorite jobs! I don't think I'll ever forget how much fun it was to see the smiles on the little faces when the found the costume that was just right!
Fun Enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CerritosAugust 21, 2015
What is not great about working at one of my favorite holidays of all time?. The managers and Co workers were great and supportive never had any issues with managers or supervisors. Every day was different which was great My jobs varied daily sometimes I would be customer service or working the changing room or in the back doing stock and inventory and set up props and un loaded trucks
fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), upland,caAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free movie rentals
Cons: location closed
a day in the video store was like no other, it had its good times and its great times, each customer had a different opinion of movies so to interact with them was great
Very fun place to work at, unfortunately its only a seasonal job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Fantastic employees and managers
Cons: Only a seasonal store
Managers are good friends and family of some employees, very considerate of your needs, all while keeping the store running efficiently for both the employees and customers.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 17, 2015
Its a great place to work if you want experience and your looking for a seasonal job. Depending on your manager and assistant managers the time you spend there can be great or it can be a bad one
fun and productive work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Fun and exciting job, flexible schedules, employee discounts
Cons: short breaks, on your feet throughout the whole shift, not a long term job.
Working at Spirit Halloween was a fun way to meet new people and gain experience in sales. Depending on availability, you could either work 4 or 8 hour shifts. Its a great start to learn how to handle customer service and handle P.O.S systems. I would recommend teenagers over 16 years old or people looking to earn some extra cash before the holidays to work at Spirit Halloween.
Spirit Halloween
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee), Norridge, ILAugust 10, 2015
I helped customers as soon as I walked in. I worked the fitting room and would rotate to working the floor. Management was decent as well as the co-workers.
fun job
cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 5, 2015
worked at a seasonal halloween store. started in july 2014, helped set up the whole store and helped take down the whole store when season was over. was a good employee, worked the days u could, this was my second job at the time because i was a full time walmart employee as well. enjoyable job, reasonable pay, reasonable hours, fun environment
Fun, happy work place.
Fitting room attendant (Former Employee), Albany NYAugust 4, 2015
I loved my job working with them, I learned a ton of new things while doing my job. The hardest part of my job was that I wasn't with my family much, I was always working to provide for my family. I learned to clean, be neat, set beautiful things up to make special days for people. my most enjoyable part of my job was working with my employees and trying to make a career.
fun place during the season to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phx,AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: only seasonal employment
Getting hired on to this company right in the middle of all the excitement couldn't have been better for me. I had an excellent store manager that taught me well. Learned everything in a day and threw my self into the mix like a regular.
The sort of job that should be year round
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great management, fun work environment
Cons: Heavy lifting, loud and fast paced
If I had to work in retail for the rest of my life, I would want to work for Spirit Halloween. I love the business model that the Spencer's Corporation applies to this seasonal store. If you are the type of person that likes to interact with the public in a fun and creative environment than this job is for you. The hardest part of this job is putting the store together and then breaking it down at the end of the season, but even that was rewarding in the time spent with coworkers and the satisfaction of a job well done. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to help people find costumes, and props. I even had the opportunity to dress up in order to engage with guests! This is one of the best seasonal jobs anyone could work for.
Fun environment to work in
Retail- Sales (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 28, 2015
Pros: End of season rewards, rehire status, seasonal job, not to serious
Cons: short breaks
Fun and engaging work environment that both encourages you to perform and challenges you as an individual to provide an enjoyable service to customers.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Natick, MAJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Spirit it was an energetic and festive environment. At work we were allowed to wear costumes in order to display them to the customers and it was a lot of fun.I got along well with the managers and assistant manager's at Spirit they were all very kind people who were also very understanding. I became good friends with many of my co-workers which created a enjoyable and productive environment.
Very Fun Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJuly 23, 2015
Working for Spirit Halloween is always a lot of fun. Team members are always very friendly and helpful. Only downfall is that it is a seasonal job.
fun and productive
casher/stocker (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TnJuly 20, 2015
Pros: getting job skills from the job
Cons: making low wages
it was fun to work there for my first job at a store. it gave me some job skills. to build the displays i enjoyed that. To work over gave me some responsibilities. Put more in to doing the job and getting more of a work environment. and i loved learning something new, i am a fast learner.
Work is fine, upper management and company procedures are sub-par.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 20, 2015
Cons: terrible upper-management, terrible company communication
As the assistant manager I had the authority and tools to resolve any customer related issues that came up, however when the source of the issues were corporate or our district manager, I was powerless to resolve issues and even do my own duties at times.
nice place to work
STORE MANAGER SPIRIT HALLOWEEN (Former Employee), NJJuly 20, 2015
Pros: working with costomers
Cons: setting up stores
nice place to work I was learn a lot about retail sales,my shortage for the store was ,03 and did high sales for the store.showed me how retail works setting up displays.handling staff,deposits,
loved
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), orlando flJuly 16, 2015
• Train the new employees
• Assist customer
• Opening the store
• Making sure that the registers were always balanced
• Closing duties
• Bank Deposits
Fun work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Hours are cut, Short breaks, management
It was a very fun environment to work in and it was very enjoyable. The only thing is the hours i got were constantly cut. Though it was understandable because our store wasn't doing that great overall. I defiantly liked this job, and might do it again in the future.