Spirit Mountain Casino Employee Reviews

Decent and Stable.
Bartender/ Barback/ Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORAugust 23, 2017
Spirit Mountain Casino is a good place to work. You have plenty of chance to grow and learn. From my experience depending on what department and position in the leadership you are the more you will enjoy or hate your job. Most people in Food& Beverage feel as though they hit a wall if they dont start climbing. The cleaner water is the water that the top enjoy and slower becomes darker on the way down.
Good Benefits, hard place to work, very high turn over in hourly waged jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORAugust 19, 2017
I did not enjoy the job it was too regimented and controlling, huge amount of strict report writing. Hours are 24/7 three 8 shifts. Customers are not typical for the entertainment business.
Pros
Free Lunches, good benefits
Cons
Work Environment example cigarette smoking, some customers are hard to deal with and, some positions under-paid.
Nada
Food And Beverage Lead (Former Employee) –  Grande Ronde Valley, ORAugust 12, 2017
Sub par, I 'm a hard and ambitious worker. I worked at Spirit Mountain Casino for many years. Some poeple are kind while the others stab you in the back.
heavily oreintated on teamwork and stability its like a small family there
DMO /Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  grande ronde oregonJuly 15, 2017
spirit mountain casino is a demand work environment thats stable and secure in your employment opportunities to advance or learn different positions or even departments
Pros
free lunches pto heavily learning capabilities
Cons
long days and randome work weeks
Great people good employer
Slots department (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORJune 22, 2017
I really loved working here, all of the employees are very friendly, and helped me whenever needed. Everyone pulls there own weight and seemed sincere. It was always a fun friendly working environment, and I will miss being part of the family.
Pros
Fun, flexable
Cons
No such thing as a holiday.
Potentially a good place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORJune 10, 2017
Seems to need Management with more experience in the industry.
Good and Bad decisions frequently ignored by people responsible.
There must have been some good, I was there 7 years.
Pros
Free meals, SOME good and professional Supervisors
Cons
In-House politics
Low pay. All about profit, backstabbing coworkers.
X Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORJune 9, 2017
I have many years doing groundskeeping and was happy to get a job at Spirit Mountain Casino. However, once the novelty wore off, it was obvious Spirit Mountain mgmt does not value hard work, honesty, and loyalty. I came to work every day as scheduled, never called in sick and worked my honest day's work. Instead, I felt degraded by getting the starting low entrance pay, when I received a raise, it was only on paper but was not reflected on the check, while my coworkers took extended breaks. criticized my work as though they were the supervisor and lots of backstabbing. Management does not care what the weather is so we mow the grass even when it's raining, trim bushes and trees when it's snowing. The supervisor is nice but lacks leadership skills to manage slackers like the coworker who smoke weed in the shop, take extended breaks and Spirit Mountain Casino loses good staff daily and needs to reorganize their management approach if they want to stay in business. Those who can leave, quit (the smart ones) and those you are stuck, stay The best thing about the job is that I don't work there anymore (one of the smart ones).
Pros
unlimited parking
Cons
Backstabbing coworkers, low pay, lack of management skills; pro-tribal workers, low morale.
a good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORMay 24, 2017
I like working in my department. The management follows the companies policies. I work with a lot of good co-workers. The pay and benefits are the best I have ever had.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
will lose pay if you transfer to different department
favoritism
Surveillance Monitor (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORMay 3, 2017
As an employee of over a year, there were more than just a few times where the management would turn a blind eye to employee crimes (mostly theft). If you are not of the tribe, you might as well be an outcast that they will bend the rules in order to remove you for any and all concerns you may have about what is going on there. Wait staff are under-compensated for their work, Security is a joke, Tribal Police have a chip on their shoulder from lack of supervision, and Surveillance undermines their own employees just to get their supervisors ahead (even when said supervisors break countless rules and regulations).
Pros
i guess its good if you are part of the tribe
Cons
healthcare sucks, supervisors lack training and skills, work ethic from tribal members is more than lacking, etc...
Very professional and well managed employment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORMay 1, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for this casino above all the others I have worked at. They have extremely good benefits package and family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches, life, medical and serious illness insurance, lenient absences policy
Cons
Location and transportation not very good
I enjoyed driving.
Valet Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde , ORApril 23, 2017
I really enjoyed driving a wide variety of vehicles, and tips were good. The job was different every day, so I was never bored. Most of my fellow employees were easy to get along with.
Pros
Good bennies, and tips.
Cons
Lower level employees have little protection if leads or supervisors are abusive.
Meals are included, can be a fun atmosphere
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORApril 9, 2017
Being they are open 24/7 your hours will be all over. When I worked there it was no paid holidays they advertise paid holidays now. Since the location is far away for most employees the pay could be more to compensate. It was a fun experience just wasn't for me.
Pros
Free meal! Can be a fun atmosphere
Cons
Not very good pay, no paid holidays, working hours not consistant
Challenging and fun atmosphere!
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORApril 6, 2017
I have met some of my closest friends through this establishment. Work environment is fun, relaxed, but also challenges for success.
I enjoy the opportunity to learn and the open minds of management.
Benefits are great, paid time off, free meals, as well as monthly employee perks.
Fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ORMarch 31, 2017
good benefits very good heath care ,working around lots of smoke, understanding managements free lunches buffet style uniforms require, working in a diverse environment
Fun place to work
Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORDecember 13, 2016
The people are great to work with. Not much room for advancement in the finance department.A lot of the employees have been there for years which is why there is not much room for advancement there is no turn over in the finance department
Laundry
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  oregonNovember 5, 2016
Great place good people good food and benefits ok time off request windows but can be pushy at times when it comes to management and asking for overtime
Difficult work space for entry level employees that provides good benefits
Food and Beverage Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORNovember 1, 2016
Spirit Mountain Casino is a fast paced environment that can be very physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding on the staff that work there. The only shining light for SMC is that they have an excellent benefits package. All in all Spirit Mountain Casino is not a bad place of an employment but is not recommended for those looking for just a job rather than a career.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits Package
Cons
Required to work holidays
I recomend it.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Grande Ronde Valley, OROctober 28, 2016
Best job I have had yet to date. If you want to learn something new, it's there. Want to move up on the corp. ladder, it's there. Policy is a little stiff, but it is watched over by the commission- nothing that is really difficult to work with. Just a bit more paperwork is all.
Always Changing - Enjoyable Company
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORSeptember 28, 2016
Depending on your position within the casino, the opinion can range dramatically. If you are dependable and put forth the effort to be a good employee you will see success. Advancement can be tricky, due to a tribal preference - but overall you can move and continue building your skills after six months in the current position. Non-Tribal members aren't a "target" like others review; it took me a year to move into my current position and that is a reasonable amount of time for any employer, tribal or not.

A company this large can have a wide variety of management styles, but the ability to seek out other opportunities within the company means if you don't like something, make a change on your own or get involved more before you complain about everyone else. A lot of part time positions do move into full time as people move positions or the needs of the company changes. Just be sure to put your desired shift, days off and want to be full time in as soon as you begin in your department. I also started part time and moved to full time a few months later.
Pros
Free coffee, food, drinks, paid time off, benefits, management
Cons
Smoke, 24/7, must use pto on "holiday's", rehire practices
Was once the best place to work
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Ronde, ORJuly 20, 2016
This is a fast paced place to work. My cage co-workers are like family...dysfunctional, but family. Management is failing to support this department. Officials higher up the food chain are making decisions for the cage with little knowledge or care of how it will effect the department. The hardest part of the job were ever changing policies and procedures. Also over the past few months there is less care about the guests and more focused on making the tribe money. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public and making lasting friendships.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Mountain Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Spirit Mountain Casino Reviews by Location