Spirit Mountain Casino

Spirit Mountain Casino Employer Reviews

Being in a healthy and positive environment.
Slot Attendant (Current Employee), Grand Ronde, ORApril 19, 2014
Pros: fun, challenging, pay, healthcare, benifits
Cons: inconsistancy, lack of communication skills, poor management and negativity.
I work in a fast pace environment. I work on slot machines, give change to guests that need thier bills exchanged. Call in Jackpots, count out Jackpots to guests, fix minor malfunctions of machines. Give empathy towords guests that are upset about loosing thier money or a payout with a machine. The hardest part of my job is the inconsistancies and poor – more... communication on managments levels towords employees. Very hard to move up in management. Tribal is sought out first over anyone even if they have zero experiance weather it's supervisor, to HR. I enjoy working with my coworkers and seeing our regular guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is paying out jackpots to guests. What I've learned in this environment is patients. – less
Good
Count Operations Attendant (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORMarch 6, 2014
Twas a good place to verk at. Was really really gooood. was the BEESST in the WOORRRLD. they served NAAACCHOOOOOOOS
enjoyable workplace
Guest Services Lead (Current Employee), Grand Ronde, ORFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
fun and enjoyable
new software
no comment for management
enjoy coworkers
my work schedule
the guest
Working here on graveyard was like working with family.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee recognition day
Cons: part time jobs
Working for Spirit Mountain was like working with family. I would always chose working graveyard because the people wanted to get to know you more, also there was a better chance training for different work related jobs. The supervisors were always ready to help out any time, and getting to know our regular guests and host guests was a plus.
Good wages.
Guest Services (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, OROctober 31, 2013
Pros: made great tips
Cons: not a tribal member so wasn't able to advance as quickly
Casino was very busy and kept busy at all hours. Did not like working nights. Casino smelled.
Great.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Grand Ronde, ORSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: paid time off.
Cons: lack of overtime.
A typical day at work involves many things such as handling money, guest complaints and thefts, lost and found items, medical issues, report writing, and an array of other issues. I have learned how to approach people and speak with them under tense, stressful or uncomfortable situations, and how to speak with multiple types of people. Management for – more... the Security department is strong. My co-workers are fun to work with and are trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is the lack of diversity, and the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and interacting with them. – less
Day at work
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORAugust 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: less benefits
A typical day at work would be managing employees daily shifts and where they would be working. Making sure all casino assets were safely taken care of. Making sure all state and federal forms were filled out appropriately and on time.
Main stream, many people,
Hostess Cashier (Current Employee), Grand Ronde OregonAugust 1, 2013
Pros: food in the employee area
Cons: food taken out of pay check, and tips pooled
On my feet all day long, either running the till, running people to their tables, or helping out the people on the floor busing tables. Most of my co-workers were very nice, some looked for reasons to dislike me because I was new. Management is kind but didn't really help me when I started there. I had to learn about things as I went, without really – more... getting taught anything before I started. I really enjoyed working with the customers, they were wonderful more often then not, and always understanding. – less
Good little Casino
Planning and Analysis Manager (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORJuly 17, 2013
I really enjoyed the area and the company wasn't too bad. They gave me opportunities which I really appreciate it. They did have financial problems which led to major changes. Things could have ran better for sure.
Lead Customer Services (Former Employee), Grande RondeMay 15, 2013
Pros: free medical ins for employees and their family
Cons: long hours often working double shifts
The casino was one of my most favorite jobs I have worked for. It was high pace, and always something going on. It was very fun and exciting.

The management was fun to work with. They were clear with the direction they set forth, fair, and followed all policies.

My co workers were fun to work with. They made working at the casino the best part of – more... it. – less
Poker Clerk
Poker Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORApril 3, 2013
Pros: free lunchs good pay
Cons: have to work all holidays
Great people and a awsome envirnment to work in.. great health care and benifits
Enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORMarch 5, 2013
I didn't have the funnest job, but it was good pay. I had made a few friends while working there and so I wanted to go to work. But then I got hurt and was no longer able to work there, which really sucked.
Casino
Keno Attendant (Current Employee), Grand Ronde, ORJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benifits cut
I have learned to work well with others in every work situation.
Do whatever they want
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Food & BeverageJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: job knowlegde
Cons: conflicts swept under the rug, personal safety not a concern, discrimination.
Due to this being a native casino they are Severn nation and will do whatever they see fit. Even if this means discrimination or not following THE LAW! Beware, the benefits are good and they do pay more than most for the job you do but it's not worth the cost.
I had a lot of fun working here
Player Services Representative (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, OregonJanuary 12, 2013
this job was very fun. always something goin on, concerts, parties, tournaments
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Mohave, ArizonaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: team work and benefits
Cons: too many gaming officers trying to run security
Great Team work and benefits along with salary..
Great AAAl round....
Dark depressing place to work
Legends Waiter (Former Employee), Grande RondeOctober 12, 2012
Pros: food appears to be free but is actually taken out of your check.
Cons: its in the middle of nowhere, spirit mountain casino is not considered an employer.
After working there for three years in the restaurant area I found that management thrives on creating controversy and drama between the subordinates.
The Management in charge of food and beverage seems to lack any common sense when it comes to the food industry cutting cost down as much as possible instead of focusing on quality guest service.
Co workers – more... were the best , friendly and enjoyable. (the ones that did not get driven to quit by management ) I miss everyone I worked with.
Management does not support their staff, within the Legends restaurant when it comes to any concerns.
The employee tax is extreme , 20% of your total sales is directly taken out of your hourly paycheck. My two week check usually averaged under 50 dollars.
Even though this casino employes over 2000 employees that are non tribal , they are not considered an employer. So I wouldn't work here because you have no rights unless you are tribal. – less
Fun to work with employees and management, environmentally bad on health.
Wait-staff (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: employee dining room with free meal each shift. nice people to work with.
Cons: air quality, highly stressful on busy nights.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people there, however the guests could be very difficult at times in the sports bar. It's very high paced and crowded at times as well. The recirculated air quality had significant consequences on my health.
Lots of Tribal Politics
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: you do get free meals, although they are not very good.
Cons: lack of care by the supervisors unless you are tribal
If you are ot tribal your chances of advancement are slim. Tribal members are hired and advanced over others who have far more experience. Supervisors could care less about their staff. They allow guests to be as rude and mean as they want. This was to the case is years past. Although now it is the norm.
employees were treated as equals
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Ronde, ORApril 6, 2012
Pros: edr was great. fresh and appealing
Cons: too many clicks within company
Most all empoyees were treated as equals rather than just a group of people with no personalities. Working conditions were made to make you want to go to work. Hard work was acknowledged and appreciated bymanagement and co-workers, Hardest part of job was giving top jobs to someone with no training because they were triable. Unstood but they should – more... have been trained first. – less