Spirit Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 16, 2017
very fun place to work . you meet very friendly customers and the culture is always fun and a happy environment to work in . its a great experience working at spirit you work around a lot of fun in store experience props that keep you on your toes all day , because they go off when you don't expect them .
Pros
discount, friendly environment
Cons
slow days in the beginning of the season
Fast Paced and Intense
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 2, 2017
The people are what is going to make your experience at Spirit exciting and rewarding or stressful and complicated. Given that it is a temporary company, it certainly has a get it up, get it out, break it down feel. The Spirit of Children charity run by Spirit is absolutely the most rewarding part of my experience with the company and the friendships I made will defiantly stick with me. There is some disorganization at times, finding the right people to hire can be difficult and the pay is not great, but for a temp job for some quick cash, Spirit is the place to be!
Pros
Great retail experience, fun environment
Cons
Short breaks, poor compensation, no benefits
Quick-paced, seasonal, and stressful.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 23, 2017
A typical day at work can either be very slow and consist mostly of store maintenance, or it can be extremely fast-paced, with lines going halfway across the store. I had learned an impressive amount of self-control, and gained a very credible work ethic through the observations of my higher management. Management is not usually horrible from my experience, though we have had a few managers come through that could have put more effort into their work. The culture is very bright, diverse, and friendly, with a strong input on teamwork. One of the hardest parts of my job as a sales associate is remaining calm when dealing with a situation involving a customer who is unhappy, or having to call the manager every time I need to apply any sort of discount (military, damage, returns, refunds, exchanges, employee). However, I enjoy my job because I love Halloween, I love the products, and I like the people I work with. You get an opportunity to meet some very interesting and enjoyable people around the community, or out of state as well.
Pros
Discounts, decent pay
Security
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2017
Excellent job with excellent management
Job just pays too little. They could do more for their employees on the pay. We put ourselves at risk by being front line deturant.
Pros
Fun/exciting
Cons
Low pay
Awful
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2017
I have been employed for 3 weeks and they only let me work for 2 days. I would never work here again, they are very lazy and didn't care about work only the pay.
Productive and great pay
COUNSELOR, (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 7, 2017
Working for LA Spirit was a blessing for me. I not only was able to help so many people, devastated by a natural disaster; but I made great money and gained another family by doing so. It was challenging, but not hard work. I learned a lot and gained skills that will help me to be more advanced in the workplace. The only thing I didn't like was that it had to end. This kind of opportunity you just don't want to end. I would refer LA Spirit to anyone. I would run back if they called.
Pros
Great people and great pay
Cons
no benefits, temporary job
Welding metal components together
Combo Pipe Welder/ Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 25, 2017
Welding, cutting, and fitting pipe together. Helping team members, with on the job productivity. The best part of the day was being able to finish all the work I had started in a timely and fashionable manner.
Great Environment
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work for a seasonal job. Pay is minimum wage and overall great team, management, and experience. Defiantly recommend working there for a temporary job.
Love it
Spirit Halloween (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIFebruary 27, 2017
amazing work environment, wish it was more than a temp job. Coworkers were great, and the customers who came in who just as amazing. pay was decent, minimum but not a big deal. very laid back. loved it.
Pros
Great company
In the past 20 years I have been basically self employed
Nutritional Coach (Current Employee) –  Home office basedFebruary 17, 2017
I have enjoyed being self employed full time as a nutritionist and also as a partner to my husband. I am now ready to work part time for someone else.
Pros
Flexible hours. My own boss.
Cons
The pay was not desirable.
industrial working conditions
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
High stress work on old equipment in very poor conditions. very dirty. good co-workers just trying to make a living, as your self.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor working conditions
Not interested in a review
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Would recommend this place to someone to work if they are in need of a place of employment. Good way to feed your family but don't expect a whole lot of time off especially during the holidays.
Long hours on your feet, not climatized...To HOT or to COLD
Contractor - Shackner (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2016
Pull parts, kitting, bagging, Quality /control and inventory.
on your feet for fourteen hours. We never worked an eight hour shift.
Turn over was very high. People dropped like flies.
Pros
It paid my bills
Cons
Horrible place to work
Great place to work and enjoy life
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 7, 2016
Working here made me realize how to balance my life/family with my job. It may have seemed like a stressful environment but I took control and made the best out of it.
Pros
Build repitition
Cons
Temp.
great seasonal job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 18, 2016
This is a wonderful place to get a seasonal job. They are very flexible with hours and the management staff are great people and will make working there very easy.
Spirit
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2016
A fun, fast paced, enjoyable work atmosphere. Upbeat, creative employees. The customers are awesome. Every manager is down to earth and loves their job. Says a lot about the company!
Aerobics, Basketball, Cycling, Dancing, Running, Swimming
MFT Intern (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2016
I enjoy my free time and I try stay active as much as possible. I like to do aerobic exercises, cycling, dancing, running and swimming.
Pros
Very rewarding and feeling productive.
Cons
It is time consuming.
disorgenized
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 21, 2016
they where very under staffed with employeswhen baggage where comming to fast there was only myself in the bagroom trying to keep up.I'm not sure if I'd work for them again or not
Spirit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 25, 2016
This was a great store to work for, too bad it is only open for the season. I was the assistant manager and got to see what happens in the store on a daily. Customers will always have different reactions, but there is really nothing bad about this store. Check it out when it opens around fall/ halloween
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Theft
Productive and relaxed environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAApril 9, 2016
A typical day at Spirit Products as an account manager would involve checking daily inquires regarding my accounts with buyer and vendors. As well as troubleshooting any mishaps or issues that might arise while maintaing excellent customer service.