Spirit

Spirit Employer Reviews

Excellent work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: traveling around the metroplex.
Cons: overtime
Typical day of work: moving family to new location.Learned the proper way to move furniture. Good management. Wonderful co-worker. Hardest part of the job: moving family up 3 flights of stars. Most enjoyable part of the job: overtime and travel time.
A good job for someone that likes driving and has previous DSD experience
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Maumee, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: not much selling and plenty of windshield time if you like to drive
Cons: lunches on the run, advancement opportunities could be minimal locally, unless youre open to relocation
A good company to work for if you have previous route experience and customer service skills.
overall good workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unreling management
good place to work all though it is very dust and gloomy feeling
Spirit service is a fast growing company that believe in fast, easy and productive workers. They deliver execllent shipments and always on time.
Production worker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: i have free lunche once and it was fun. i get to be on time to do my job as soon as possible.
Cons: 15 mintues
I learned how to work fast and easy. Take notes of everything shipments I scan or count . I really love working with my co-workers because they are funny guys. I was able to improve my English speaking stills and work experience over the year. The most enjoyable part of the job would be free working environment where every individual's can move smoothly as work flows . Getting your goals is important too.
fun work place
Store Associate (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: seasonal
it is a good seasonal job and co workers tend to get along while man agent is always there to assist if help is needed. but pay is low.
lots of hours 50 t0 68 a week
was kicking off the day
getting the job done
wholestic treatment
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: availablility to do homework inbetween work responsibilities
Cons: split shirtfs
great place to intern learned the signs of drug abuse and wholistic treatment approach management used my skills to fit their employment needs giving me many different positions hardest part of my job was leaving work i enjoyed assisting the case managers in the clients treatment plan
Hard work environment
Administrative build waves (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was working on the computer. I learned how to work with all kinds of people. My typical day would print out waves put them together and answer emails and go to warehouse.
very uplifting working with the clients at Spirit of Woman
Individual and Group Counselor-Internship (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 30, 2013
Pros: invaluable education
Cons: very old buildings that need repair
In this internship position I was able to interact with clients in group therapy, individual therapy and a theraplay program with their children. I learned a lot about how important it is to not judge people and to let them tell their stories whether in group or individual situations. I love all of the other therapists I work with and my supervisor is amazing.
Fun place to work but upper management lacking
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 1, 2013
A typical day of work is fairly easy. Store doesn't actually pick up until two weeks before Halloween. All in all employees are great and only problems you will come across are those with Upper Level Management.
Fun, always changing enviroment
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VA and Chesterfield, VADecember 1, 2013
Pros: enviroment.
Cons: not very proffesional
Opened a new store location and assisted in recruiting and training new staff.
Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received.
Reorganized the sales floor to meet company demands.
Directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts.
Completed weekly schedules according to payroll policies.
Customer interactive work place that stays fast paced
Key Holder (Former Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 30, 2013
Pros: compensation, work environment
Cons: n/a
Customer interaction, maintain the store and staff on my watch. Provide customers with a fun customer focused atmosphere. Spirit taught me the ropes on how to become a manager and run a store. I most enjoyed the people I worked with and around, working among people and providing them with the best customer service that was instilled in me. The hardest part of the job was leaving such a fun and professional work environment.
love the job
1 Ramp agent Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYNovember 5, 2013
i love the job and the people i met but the management was very unproffesional and dis organized.
productive fun envirment and great people to work with
ghost (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 18, 2013
the management is okay not always organized that's what I didn't like but they are good people this job is seasonal and it is a retail store for Halloween costumes it is a fast paced job it does take a lot of effort because your constantly watching out for thief's but other than that I loved serving the customers and dressing up
Amazing
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: theres nothing
By far the best and favorite job i have ever held. everything is sales and merchandising
Fast-paced fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Campbell, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: fast-paced, nice coworkers, fun
Cons: some rude customers
I worked the dressing room, which can be very stressful. It is very fast paced, but I really enjoyed it. The challenge was nice. Plus, we were allowed to wear costumes and wigs during the shift. When things slowed down, I would often try on different wigs.
I worked in a snooty area, so there would be the occasional unpleasant priss. Nothing unbearable, though.
Spirit
Cashier, CSR, Stocker (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 9, 2013
Seasonal. Comes in August Leaves last week of November. Customer Service was needed. Retail sale. Cashier. Assisting customers.
Supervised intern at Spirit of Woman, a Substance abuse residential rehabilitation center
Supervised Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: helping people that truly need it.
Cons: unexpected long hours, dealing with clients that relapse, low wages.
Working as an intern and volunteer as Spirit of Woman was an invaluable learning experience and excellent training was provided.
In addition, I was able to experience how I would deal with a highly stressful job, being a Case Manager.

I found that though the field can be discouraging as one deals with people with serious substance abuse problems and some do not want to heal, I wanted to help. I learned that one must detach from the job once one leaves for the day. Although it is not always possible to leave work at work, I was able to find ways to deal with the stress I was experiencing.

There is much paperwork and confidentiality is an absolute must. Otherwise legal ramifications are imminent. I realized I am able to abide by the HIPPA laws and not repeat anything I have seen or anyone I have met in any situation.

This is a very responsible and non-linear job. I was able to deal with wearing many different hats when warranted.

Spirit of Woman is a very well run organization and has helped many families reunify and deal with legal, custodial, and recovery issues in a most satifactory manner.
Monster Mash Everyday!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: everything!!!
Cons: i didnt get to keep my cool boss for my other job.
At this location I did mostly the basics, stocking merchandise, unloading freight, answering phones, opening and closing procedures, customer service, but I had the privledge of actually helping set up the store as well. Building walls and sectioning, setting up scary decor, and dressing up in different costumes everyday to show off to the customers. At this location I worked with the real store owner and he was a great boss. He motivated us all and kept things fun, not alot of pressure but still professional. My coworkers and I all were pretty close and had tons of fun. The hardest part of the job was when we first bought the empty building and started setting up there was no lights, no a/c, and there was some nasty spider issues. For the middle of summer getting started was kinda miserable but we got it done. The best part of the job was the free range we had, our boss Morgan kept things fun and encouraged us to dress up, wear make up, fake scars, and gore. He encouraged us to make our jobs fun, and that was honestly one of the coolest jobs I have ever had, and that boss has definately earned his own pedestal in my eyes. Morgan asked me, when the halloween store closed, to transfer to a permanent location at his year around store. I accepted the position he offered even though I took a lower wage because I looked up to him and wanted to help him, but he didnt stay as my manager.( I was very sad when he left.)
Fitting and pipe welding
Boiler Maker/Welder (Former Employee), Harrodsburg, KYJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: clean work environment
Cons: making more money then original sub contractors and they didn't like our company for that
Did stick and Tig welding hung pipe 28 in-1/2in
Able to work on pipe welding
Co-Workers were hard working
Hardest part being away from my family
Most Enjoyable Clean environment to work in