Splash Omnimedia is growing again! In fact, we can already visualize you sitting here, getting something done! That would be much better than you looking for the perfect spot to get stuff done, right? Plus, where’s better to get stuff done than the Carolina’s where you can lie on the beach or go snow (ice) skiing within a 3 hour drive!
We are ready to pay you to play on Facebook / Twitter / YouTube… The only thing we ask of you is to drive our sites to the top of the search engines and keep us there! Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
The SEO/SMO and Social Media Specialist is responsible for implementing SEO and social media strategies for clients. You will work alongside our content strategists, web designers etc.
The SEO/SMO and Social Media Specialist can quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of client campaigns.
You will need an in-depth understanding of both offline and on-page SEO tactics.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations as they pertain to both structure/functionality and content of websites
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Setup, administer, and write content for the client’s social media presence on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Research and administer social media and reputation management tools in support of clients’ social media strategy
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels, including comparisons vs major competitors
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Assist with other team members with copywriting and copyediting on various projects
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Ability to achieve results using white-hat marketing methods
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Experience working with popular keyword tools
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments – Experience with the Adobe Business Catalyst system would be great
- Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations
- Desired: Digital Agency or other marketing agency experience
- BS/BA degree preferred