Splunk Employee Reviews

Decent place to work, depending on where you live
Field Services Group (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 18, 2016
While it is pretty impressive at HQ, remote employees (and there are a lot of them) tend to be forgotten. Management at Splunk is hit and miss as well. There is a lot of "previous company nepotism" for incoming managers. Many of the organizations have large swaths of people that have worked together at previous companies. While that's ok for easy relationship building, it also builds a clique that is difficult to work yourself into, especially if the team is spread out nationally or globally.

As is normal with most companies, growth is Splunk's main focus. However, recently, that growth initiative has been met with releasing products that aren't ready, and forsaking many small customers for that BIG WIN. Like I said, this is common, but still something that is difficult to work in.
Fun place to work with accepting people
Quality Assurance Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2016
The people at Splunk are the reason I remember the experience so well. Everyone was very helpful and fun to work with, and when I didn't know the command I was supposed to use people were extremely helpful. Great environment to learn, and I had fun projects and a clear direction.
Pros
Great office and atmosphere. Always involved with company gatherings.
Cons
N/a
good company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2016
met with customers to provide security and information technology solutions to meet the needs of higher education and state and local organizations.
My experience at Splunk
Global Partner Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
Splunk is a fantastic place to work. The work environment is very friendly and outgoing. I learned a ton from Splunk, such as many new computer skills and working with a team. I enjoyed my time at Splunk and hope to find a company just as great.
Good environment
Sr. Network Security Architect (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 25, 2016
Great technologie and great people.
I have extensively work with many accounts and haven't had any customer complaints about the product.
it's a good start up company, but company management team is not stable.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TaiwanFebruary 2, 2016
sales manager, good company, but lack of management rules. but working environment is good and good coworkers. average speaking, it's a good company,
Fun workplace
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 27, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs that I ever got. Being said I worked as hard as I possibly could, knocking all tasks out of the park. I was promoted quickly but just as quickly I was fired. So far they have given no reason whatsoever. I believe there are a lot of office politics of which I never took part in.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast
Cons
bad management who unsuccessful at managing large scale projects
Na
Enterprise Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2013
Great product. This company is growing so fast. Co-workers where great to work with and had a lot of fun with them.
Fun, organized, exciting place to work.
Software QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2013
The product is incredible and Splunk is leading the market. This motivates everyone to work hard and get excited to work hard on the product. Engineering is fairly agile and PMO seems to do a good job finding the best processes for the organization. Overall a very supportive environment.
Pros
everyone is excited about the product, relaxed office environment, hard-working and intelligent people
Cons
growing pains as the product and processes change quickly.