Spokeo Employee Reviews

Free Lunch a Free Healthcare
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 23, 2016
I didn't like the training mgr. She got me sick because she camt to work sick and she was late. I missed 4 days of the 2nd week of training because of her getting me sick. When I get to work they put me on the phone, and when the training mgr saw I was there she listened to every call I took and told me that I sucked at the calls and how I bummed all of them. So I walked out.
Pros
Free lunch, free healthcare, extravagant company party.
Cons
Poor training
Worst job ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 19, 2016
Yes! they provide you with catered lunch everyday . But I think that's only to make up for HORRIBLE management that expects you to do a lot more than what you're getting payed for. They continue to make changes after changes that makes the job more complicated & you feel stressed out more than half of the time trying to keep up with the changes. All the customers that call are always upset because of the unsatisfactory service provided, you get lucky if you speak to a happy one in your 8 hour shift. If you're ready to put up with angry people all day, go for it!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
micromanage, repetitive
Productive Fun place to work: Ping pong, Pool, lots of food, great PTO, great health benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros:

- Great startup and resume builder career
- People are fun and work atmosphere is hip
- Flexible schedules
- Free catering for lunch
- Lots of fun perks (Video game area, Fitness reimbursement, Monthly Events)

Cons:

- Customer Service Dept is still in development, lots of constant changes regarding policy
- Entry-level Pay (12.00 per hour)
- Not enough advancement opportunity
- Management could use work regarding workload distribution and evaluations should be based on work performance
- Wage is not up to negotiation
Great work life balance. Great starter job.
Sr Developer (Current Employee) –  PasadenaSeptember 26, 2013
If you are cool with checking your brain at the door this is the place for you. They hire people that are waaay more book smart or talented than they need, then micromanage the dickens out of you. If you've been working for more than 5 years, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch. Let them eat cake.
Cons
No real autonomy here. Management don't want to grow.
Fun place to work, but not well-managed
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2013
The Spokeo atmosphere is definitely fun, but it is run by a few very young Stanford alumni who have big egos and have difficulty being told new, better ways to do things. Although they tout a relaxed setting, communication there is very poor, and they do not allow for working remotely whatsoever, which can be hard if you have to balance family and work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Schedules, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Good PTO
Cons
Lacks good management, Zero remote possibilities
Work Hard, Play Hard Work Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2013
Love the company and what they stand for. They really take care of you and make sure you enjoy working there- catered lunches everyday, ping pong table, pool table, nerf gun armory, stocked kitchen, etc.
Pros
healthcare, catered lunches
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spokeo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6