Sport Chalet

Sport Chalet Employer Reviews

Interesting place with lots interesting people
Cashier (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 25% discount on everything is the store
Cons: short breaks, no health insurance
Helping customers with exchanges, returns,and purchases. The hardest part of this job was dealing with management. They like to play favorites.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good traning
It was very nice to work for them, they trained you in very friendly environment. Nice experience.
My Manager was very helpful and also my co-workers.
No Pay Chalet
Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2015
Pros: pro deals, great co-workers
Cons: horrible pay, must work all holidays, high pressure to get credit card sign ups w unrealistic expectations
Horrible pay no raises in 7 years. Just striped full time employees of full time status & took away benefits, & capped hours @ 25 to avoid obamacare. Company is in serious trouble.
ok
APPAREL SALES (Current Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
just okay for now just doing it. to move along. co worker are ok. management needs to be better not demanding. stop the negative more positive and just stop.
Friendly Co-Workers, Happy Customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Sport Chalet would include, helping customers find specific products they are looking for. If the product is not on the sales floor, an associate can special order the product. As a cashier, our job entails- solicit credit, ring transactions, process special order paperwork, and provide a general direction to customers throughout the store. Management is always willing to help us if there is an issue with feisty customers. Co-workers are very easy to get along with and always put the team first. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer satisfied with the service, and recommendations I give them on the products they are purchasing.
Meh
Cashier (Current Employee), happy valleyFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: little to no breaks, low pay, no opportunities.
You are replaceable at Sport Chalet. The management does not really care about you. The best thing about the company is the other sales associates.
Great co-workers, confused corporate structure
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: pro deals, free rentals, and free scuba lessons
Cons: low salary for the amount of the responsibility.
Mixed messages from corporate which makes the day to day operations difficult to execute. The company has gotten away from the original owner's message of quality, individualized customer service. You meet many interesting people both in customers and fellow employees and have many opportunities to explore sports that you would have never thought to try.
A average place to work
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Sport chalet is like many typical retail jobs. Nothing matters but the numbers.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Thousand oaksJanuary 26, 2015
BAD BAD BAD company, I do not want to provide anymore information
This place has not been able to advance their current employees
Department Head (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2015
This place is only good for a a summer job because they really only take care of their friends before the hard working employees.
Good Enviornment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Typical work day was easy going with great co-workers. Work place was a good environment.
Fun, Retail environment
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJanuary 15, 2015
fun, easy place to work. the discounts and product training was nice. several perks, but the pay was low. Promotions are given on a "who you know" basis.
Great for students
Retail Salesman (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free rentals. 25% off everything*. easy and chill job.
Cons: $9.00 is what you will forever get unless you become a manager, management treats you like slaves, hours based on performance, high expectancy in meeting daily numbers
Management works well with school schedule. If you like sports then this place is a good part time job. However, performance is key in getting hours.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: nothing
Sport Chalet taught me the most highest level of Customer Service. Professionalism and product knowledge was the main factor when working there. Literally expertise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), costa mesa caDecember 26, 2014
Typical sales, but very teamwork oriented. I was not a fan of marketing credit cards to people. But over all, it was a good experience.
Fun work Department
Sales Rep for the Department (Former Employee), Redlands, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing truly
stayed in my department which was the bicycle department, and built and repaired bikes. was the best job I ever had.
Fun work environment with great management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
A great company with great customer service. Constantly helping and greeting customers. Good thing I am people friendly! The co-workers were great and I loved the management. The most enjoyable part of the job definitely had to be the fact that managers interacted with employees as well as customers to ensure great customer service.
enjoyable environment
Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2014
enjoyable place to work. worked hard. learned how to mange and mange people. made hard decision but never affected my work and those that worked around me. best part were the people that I worked with
productive and busy at times
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Redlands, CANovember 16, 2014
the people i work with are great we are all like a small family.
we all work as a team to get our jobs done. Everyday is a productive day. Management is very friendly and always there when you need their assistance
Great company to work for.
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), La CanadaNovember 4, 2014
Very good company culture, management has a open door policy, and is very approachable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sport Chalet

For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in – Read more

Sport Chalet Salaries