Sport Chalet

Sport Chalet Employer Reviews

A average place to work
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Sport chalet is like many typical retail jobs. Nothing matters but the numbers.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Thousand oaksJanuary 26, 2015
BAD BAD BAD company, I do not want to provide anymore information
This place has not been able to advance their current employees
Department Head (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2015
This place is only good for a a summer job because they really only take care of their friends before the hard working employees.
Good Enviornment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Typical work day was easy going with great co-workers. Work place was a good environment.
Fun, Retail environment
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJanuary 15, 2015
fun, easy place to work. the discounts and product training was nice. several perks, but the pay was low. Promotions are given on a "who you know" basis.
Great for students
Retail Salesman (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free rentals. 25% off everything*. easy and chill job.
Cons: $9.00 is what you will forever get unless you become a manager, management treats you like slaves, hours based on performance, high expectancy in meeting daily numbers
Management works well with school schedule. If you like sports then this place is a good part time job. However, performance is key in getting hours.
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: nothing
Sport Chalet taught me the most highest level of Customer Service. Professionalism and product knowledge was the main factor when working there. Literally expertise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), costa mesa caDecember 26, 2014
Typical sales, but very teamwork oriented. I was not a fan of marketing credit cards to people. But over all, it was a good experience.
Fun work Department
Sales Rep for the Department (Former Employee), Redlands, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing truly
stayed in my department which was the bicycle department, and built and repaired bikes. was the best job I ever had.
Fun work environment with great management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
A great company with great customer service. Constantly helping and greeting customers. Good thing I am people friendly! The co-workers were great and I loved the management. The most enjoyable part of the job definitely had to be the fact that managers interacted with employees as well as customers to ensure great customer service.
enjoyable environment
Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2014
enjoyable place to work. worked hard. learned how to mange and mange people. made hard decision but never affected my work and those that worked around me. best part were the people that I worked with
productive and busy at times
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Redlands, CANovember 16, 2014
the people i work with are great we are all like a small family.
we all work as a team to get our jobs done. Everyday is a productive day. Management is very friendly and always there when you need their assistance
Great company to work for.
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee), La CanadaNovember 4, 2014
Very good company culture, management has a open door policy, and is very approachable.
Fun and star gazing as Hollywood Movies Stars shop there.
Cashier/ Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: discounts and knowledge on many sports attire and products.
Cons: intense and very demanding on the customer services.
Sports Chalet keeps anyone feeling young, the energy and passion of the sport fan is contagious. I really did enjoy working there every day. It offers so much and in all sports interest. A busy place almost any hour of the day because of all it has to offer. Sport Chalet has top quality product and sales people. Constant training and clinic's for all employees to learn about the news products and store policies. Wide arrange of co-workers form all the states and sports background.
Fun and star gazing as Hollywood Movies Stars shop there.
Pros: discounts and knowledge on many sports attire and products.
Cons: intense and very demanding on the customer services.
Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego,CAOctober 19, 2014
I learned how to upsale to add on to a customers items.
Management style was poor.
Coworkers made the days go by easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge attained.
Productive place with friendly work enviroment
Department Head (Former Employee), Glendora, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: friendly atompshere
Cons: a place you can not have growth in
Very friendly working atmosphere, a family owned business
A fun and challenging place to work for outdoor enthusiasts
Front End Manager (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: discount after 90 days of employment
Cons: pay is not the best, no sick time available, vacation only after 1 yr.
A typical day at work consists of helping people find what they are looking for in a particular sport. I have learned the merchandising techniques of Sport Chalet and the requirements of moving forward in the company. Everyone that I currently work with is full of energy and loves the sports that they are selling. Pasion is one thing that keeps everything flowing. The hardest part of the job is the "retail hours" 7 days a week, either opening or closing and working the weekends. Sport Chalet has been a great adventure for me.
Poor
General Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
The company in more interested in selling add-on's that are not in the customers best interest.
I wouldn't waste my time
Shipping and receiving/bicycles (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discounts, free rentals
Cons: everything else
This is quite a depressing job at this point, it used to be a decent company, but after a 6 year wage freeze, no one has any drive to do their job well. They aggressively push frivolous add-ons, like master cards and extended warranties and threaten to cut your hours if you don't meet their goals. Don't expect anything more than minimum wage. Communication between management and employees is atrocious and your lucky to see your schedule 2 days before the week of.

Only way I could recommend this job is if you can actually whittle your schedule down to once or twice a week, because the discounts and free rentals are it's only perks. And you are going to want to spend as little time here as possible.

The 2 stars is based on the aforementioned ideal super part time status if you can finagle it. Other wise there should be a no star option.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sport Chalet

For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in – Read more