Sport Chalet Employee Reviews

Fun but no pay, benefits, or advancement
Bicycle Repair Technician (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 24, 2015
Locked outside of the store until after my scheduled clock-in time. Clean up the mess the closers didn't cleanasdasdasdasdaasd
Enjoyable work environment and great management staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Discounted items
Cons: only part time positions
Working for Sport Chalet was a great experience for me! Management was excellent and very interpersonal. A typical day could be very easy while other days could be very chaotic. At times the systems went down management would step in and work with us to get lines down even if that meant manually writing tickets so that we can later ring items out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the personalities that came thru on daily basis, although with the training easy employee was able to handle frustrating situations in a calm and approached each situation with a positive attitude.
the experts
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Riverside, caAugust 11, 2015
Working at Sport chalet you quickly learn the meaning of going above and beyond for customer service. We take pride in out commitment to outstanding service to every customer.
good days, bad days
Sales Associate (Current Employee), los AngelesAugust 2, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: everything else
Only good thing I can say is fellow workers, since the company was bought out,all the good employees have left. Once the main core value, customer service, has all but disappeared. Main focus is meeting daily budgets and selling master cards, ridiculous. Managers ate inexperienced, rude, and non caring. Once a great place to work and shop, no more, way to go Vestis, corporate idiots
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAAugust 2, 2015
Fast paced sales environment with great benefits and a steady work flow.

A typical day at work included opening/closing duties, cleaning as well as paperwork that would finish out the day.

Hardest part of the job was all of the down-time.
Fast paced unique sporting goods retail.
Scuba Department Head (Current Employee), Brea, CAJuly 27, 2015
Managing scuba and instructional staff. Excited staff about scuba diving. Fun place to work. Enjoyable benefits. Improving customer relations with scuba diving.
Professional customer service friendly retail store
Scott Dowding, General Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2015
Very focused on customer satisfaction. Strong training program to help teach staff of the products they sell. The Managers are all well trained or experienced in their roles.
Business Orientated
Customer Service, Cashier, Maintenance, Greeter (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Cons: Early Work Days
1. Busy
7. Productive
8. Leadership Skills
9. Very Social
10. Business Orientated
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Chino Hills, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, Great management
Communicated adequately with customers to address their needs, answered phones, handled cash, stocked shelves, price changed goods, provided great customer service, and reached company goals
Productive place to work, great family atmosphere.
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: I learned about things that I would of never learned anywhere else.
Cons: No room for advancement.
• Eagerly assisted customers with product selection and queries.
• Set up store displays.
• Investigated and resolved customer complaints.

Management at Sport Chalet was great, I learned a lot about fishing, camping and snowboarding. My co-workers were friendly and eager to help out whenever possible. The hardest part of the job was learning how to line a fishing reel and the most enjoyable part of the job was going to Giants games with my co-workers.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 28, 2015
Great place to get started in working in customer service. You learn the different areas of the store and interacting with the customers. The management is well rounded in always willing to assist.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 13, 2015
a typical day at work, shipping out the customers product and responding to emails regarding tracking information. i learned how to drive a truck "22 footer" and drive a forklift, and a crown picker forklift.

;
Fun environment to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of customer service, customer service, and more customer service. management does their best to help their customers and their employees, if you have a problem or concern you are encouraged to speak up and if they can do anything to help they will. My co-workers are a big reason why I enjoy where I work. The most difficult part of the job is trying to make every customer have a great experience, sometimes it is just out of your hands.
Productive work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CAMay 27, 2015
A typical day would be completing tasks on the to-do list for your department. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell the target items that are assigned for different departments.
Great people, unfortunate circumstances
Administrator (Current Employee), Flintridge, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits
Cons: No promotions or raises in years
Company is being consolidated to the east coast after a buy out.. The majority of employees are being let go and given time to search for work.
Productive, fun, and friendly staff.
Sales Associate of Apparel Sections Duties (Former Employee), Glendora, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, Mountain High Snowboarding Tickets.
Cons: managers weren't kind hearted people...
Sales Associate of Apparel Sections Duties: Greet and help customers, iron, fold, organize, label, scan, and up stocking merchandise, ship merchandise, phone calls, computer work, help with Changing-Rooms and Gift Center.
Place lost its magic
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free Rentals
Cons: Short Lunches, Bad Pay, Low Hours
A typical day at Sport Chalet, is pretty straight forward. Their main focus is stats if you don't get stats, you don't get hours it's that simple.
The focus on budget is also one of the things they focus on since that depends where you land on the ranker.
I've learned a lot of stuff from Sport Chalet mainly the business aspect of it. My product knowledge has expanded dramatically.
The people there are amazing it is a shame that no one in there is happy with their hours, their pay, or their job.
Am going to say that the best part of the job is the customer base.
Roller Coaster
Cashier/Apparel Manager/Footwear Manager (Former Employee), Menifee, CAMay 22, 2015
Never knew what the day was going to be like. I learned that you had to be a butt kisser to have a good day at work. I worked hard for this company and was treated poorly. I enjoyed majority of co-workers and one out of three managers.
Okay place to work.
Retail (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Short Breaks, sales quotas, no communication whatsoever
Everything was fine, employees were great, Management was a joke and so was the way they ran and organized stuff. I personally wouldnt work there again.
all sales, no customer service
sales (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: management
all the company cares about is selling and getting customers to apply for mastercards!
coworkers were the only thing keeping me there.
There was never any positive feedback or rewards
I learned a lot about sales and what its like working for a large retail corporation.