Sport Chalet Employee Reviews

Store content
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 8, 2016
The store sells interesting and one of a kind items. There are many fun people to work with and there are nice customers that come through.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benifits, small hour avaliablity
Working at Sport Chalet
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 8, 2016
In retail, you have to commit to the schedule since it's almost an on-call/weekly set schedule. Working in the sporting industry is fun since you're selling health. Great job.
Pros
discounts, good pay, fun people, good management
Cons
schedule, all sorts of customers
Great place to work. Many jobs will keep you busy.
Ski/Snowboard Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Going to work is fine, doing the one job you are meant to do is tough, with the lack of hours and personnel, you will most likely be in two or three places at once, but you can usually call for help as you need it.
I have learned to be the best I can, doing as many jobs as possible in my rental and repair sections vicinity. My co-workers are always ready to learn and or help, with my shop and surrounding areas. Doing my job, I love watching the faces of kids renting boards and or skies right before a family trip. I also enjoy seeing the faces of returning customers whom realized the quality work done for them and the reason the continually return to our store.
sport chalet
Sales Associate/ Bike technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2015
Great coworkers, they were always open to have a little chit chat or give a hand when needed. When I worked there, management was a little unorganized but it was not terrible.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
lousy employee discount
Decent place to start
Operations manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 18, 2015
good work environment, advancement is to slow, many qualified employee get overlooked. Qualified candidates often move to other jobs due to advancement within Sport Chalet being slow, or raises not being offer for so many years.
sort chalet review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 7, 2015
Not professionally managed, hours were terrible, customers were rude, employees were awesome. Worked there for several months. Loved it at first because i was getting great hours then they started to base your hours just on signing up for credit cards
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
Retail
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 4, 2015
This retail job was a great experience for me. I learned how to balance drawers and how to do inventory and ordering customer service and helping the public. A fun part of the job was working black Friday it was fun to see all the customer so excited for all the sales.
great working atmosphere and outstanding customer service
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 5, 2015
I enjoy working at sport chalet because it is an easy going work place. The experts provide great customer service to each guest that enters the store. lots of hands on training for each employee along with many online tools to assist the training experience.
Day in a life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TorranceSeptember 12, 2015
It was cool, minus the fact that when you were closing you didnt know if it would take 1 hour or 3 hours to close. Fun job good pay.... LONG hours..the cashier hours and hours in general are based on credentials started at 40 hours, went down to 8 hours real quick!
Pros
fun
Cons
Fun but no pay, benefits, or advancement
Bicycle Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 24, 2015
Locked outside of the store until after my scheduled clock-in time. Clean up the mess the closers didn't cleanasdasdasdasdaasd
Enjoyable work environment and great management staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 12, 2015
Working for Sport Chalet was a great experience for me! Management was excellent and very interpersonal. A typical day could be very easy while other days could be very chaotic. At times the systems went down management would step in and work with us to get lines down even if that meant manually writing tickets so that we can later ring items out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the personalities that came thru on daily basis, although with the training easy employee was able to handle frustrating situations in a calm and approached each situation with a positive attitude.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
only part time positions
the experts
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, caAugust 11, 2015
Working at Sport chalet you quickly learn the meaning of going above and beyond for customer service. We take pride in out commitment to outstanding service to every customer.
good days, bad days
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  los AngelesAugust 2, 2015
Only good thing I can say is fellow workers, since the company was bought out,all the good employees have left. Once the main core value, customer service, has all but disappeared. Main focus is meeting daily budgets and selling master cards, ridiculous. Managers ate inexperienced, rude, and non caring. Once a great place to work and shop, no more, way to go Vestis, corporate idiots
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 2, 2015
Fast paced sales environment with great benefits and a steady work flow.

A typical day at work included opening/closing duties, cleaning as well as paperwork that would finish out the day.

Hardest part of the job was all of the down-time.
Fast paced unique sporting goods retail.
Scuba Department Head (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 27, 2015
Managing scuba and instructional staff. Excited staff about scuba diving. Fun place to work. Enjoyable benefits. Improving customer relations with scuba diving.
Professional customer service friendly retail store
Scott Dowding, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2015
Very focused on customer satisfaction. Strong training program to help teach staff of the products they sell. The Managers are all well trained or experienced in their roles.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJuly 16, 2015
Communicated adequately with customers to address their needs, answered phones, handled cash, stocked shelves, price changed goods, provided great customer service, and reached company goals
Pros
Hour lunches, Great management
Productive place to work, great family atmosphere.
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 15, 2015
• Eagerly assisted customers with product selection and queries.
• Set up store displays.
• Investigated and resolved customer complaints.

Management at Sport Chalet was great, I learned a lot about fishing, camping and snowboarding. My co-workers were friendly and eager to help out whenever possible. The hardest part of the job was learning how to line a fishing reel and the most enjoyable part of the job was going to Giants games with my co-workers.
Pros
I learned about things that I would of never learned anywhere else.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 28, 2015
Great place to get started in working in customer service. You learn the different areas of the store and interacting with the customers. The management is well rounded in always willing to assist.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 13, 2015
a typical day at work, shipping out the customers product and responding to emails regarding tracking information. i learned how to drive a truck "22 footer" and drive a forklift, and a crown picker forklift.

;