Sport Clips Employee Reviews

productive, but there aren't managing the store correctly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 26, 2017
laid back, not organized, management isn't quite where it needs to be. there is a lot of drama and unnecessary things being said. there is a lot of unnecessary things going on in this place.
Pros
breaks, lunches, good hours
Cons
only get a lunch break if you work 7 or more hours
Competitive and challenging workplace for all stylists
Stylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 26, 2017
I have enjoyed working with SportClips for the 5 years I have been with the company. I wouldn't work for any other franchise. Always exciting and fun!
Pros
Great commissions
Cons
Can be all about numbers
Fun Place to work!
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 25, 2017
Sport Clips can be a very fun place to work, however, they expect a lot from you. Which can be great to keep yourself grounded, and to keep your goals high. Then again, while working here, it is very hard to have a personal life. If that's the type of lifestyle you enjoy, then Sport Clips is the job for you! The employees can be great and help to pick up shifts when need be, but they don't offer permanent scheduling, which can make it hard to plan ahead because you only know you're schedule 1-2 weeks prior. The managers try to work with you when you have doctor appointments or family occasions, but it is a job, and they expect you there when they need you. I think the job would be less stressful on everyone if they could hire people not only with open availability but gave the option to have girls that open the store or close the store, people willing to work only weekends, or every other weekend. Offer more of a opportunity for people to have a set schedule to lower the stress and to offer the employees not to have to be scheduled every weekend, or if someone prefers nights vs mornings, offer that.
Pros
fun environment, great hourly pay, commission
Cons
petty attitudes
Family Friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
This hair salon was different form most I have ever been to. This is a competitive salon for stylists. This was a great team environment. Fun and great place to work.
Hard work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 24, 2017
Fun, fast pace environment, worked mostly nights and weekends, no life outside of work. Very demanding job. would like to of had a set schedule so I could of made plans to do things. schedules were only given a few days before the week started.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
no health care benefits, short - no breaks, work weekends and nights
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCApril 23, 2017
I enjoy working there, people are nice. There is work home balance. Staff are friendly and professional.The owner takes pride in his company. He's very giving and understanding.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough staff
Fun atmosphere... great clientele
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
If you get in with a great store owner, everything is great. However, sportclips expects a lot out of you as a stylist, as well as time and dedication
Pros
Walk in clients, systems set in place for you
Cons
No time with family. Unreliable team members, high turn over. Constantly understaffed.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 17, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 and a half years with this company. Pay is hourly and very competitive which is nice. You get 2 weeks paid vacation a year and commission after hitting very obtainable goals. There is room for advancement.
Pros
Vacation pay, hourly wage
Cons
No health care offered
Fun Place to Work For
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 11, 2017
Working here is fun and exciting. The customers really appreciate the time that you spend on their service. The work atmospher is always upbeat and welcoming. On a normal day with a full staff alll of us can do well over 10 customers, using team work to clean up between customers and get the lobby cleared out in a timely manner. I've learned how to really be patient with kids, especially kids that don't like to get haircuts. I would offer them a lollipop and that seems to calm them down instantly. The best part of the job would be the smiles that the customer gives you after their haircut services, and they tell you did a GREAT JOB!!
Pros
TV'S at every station, Massagng Chairs, Happy Customers
Cons
Being Short Staffed Sometimes
A great place to work
Manager/ stylist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 9, 2017
Its always been a great place to work. Its a job where you have to work hard but its a dependable job with great easy way to bonus. It takes time to get things down of what is expected of you but once you have it down its as easy as 123. What job isnt hard. As long as you have great management its great.
Pros
Money, hours, understanding
Cons
Job doesnt really offer insurance
Needed to really love doing hair
Barber (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
It's a fun place to work but the lack of benefits makes it hard to stay. Culture of the franchise is good but I feel like the franchise pushes quantity more than quality
great stepping stone
Store Manager and hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILApril 9, 2017
sport clips is a great environment to start a career. a lot has changed over the years and this is no longer a good long term decision. its all about numbers and bringing in the money not the employee and growing a culture.
Cons
no benefits
Great environment. Decent pay.
Hairstylist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 7, 2017
I love my job here but it became the only thing I did. My manager never filled in when anyone called out it fell on me and another employee who have no kids no restriction to our schedule to fill in all the time. No benefits offered until he has enough employees and most workers make to much to get state insurance unless they have children.
Pros
Owner would occasionally buy lunch for us on weekends
Cons
No benefits.
Every experience is different
Stylist/Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Managers are under an insane amount of pressure. So therefore the mess will always run down hill. Salary is based on the franchise you are at. Keeping up with your numbers and appearance are a must! Its not a bad start at getting your feet wet and the training is exceptional.
Sportclips is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 4, 2017
I have been working for Sportclips for 2 years now. I absolutely love the company and the concept. This company gives you the tools needed during training to set you up to succeed. By limiting the services they provide, (no chemicals, up-do's, waxing) you are able to actually master your hair cutting skills and really focus on your customer experience. I absolutely love the fast paced environment and meeting so many new people every day. Men are very loyal to their stylist and typically come in every 4-6weeks for a cut. Having strictly a male clientele has more than doubled my income. In the 14 years of doing hair, I have never been so financially stable.
Pros
Busy, Great pay, awesome clients
Cons
Not enough team members
Horrible company to work with
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 3, 2017
Management is awful they don't treat you fairly. Manager for Rio Rancho location is just not overall is just not a good com is just not a good manager at all. Overall company is not a company you would want to work with
Typical chain location
Sport Clips (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMarch 30, 2017
Loved the clients. Managers are petty and form cliques. I do like working with my co-workers. I don't know if i would have stayed if I wasn't in school.
Pros
I have a job and I like my co-workers
Cons
They micro-manage
the customers are great and easy to work with.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2017
I love working with the clients but its hard to grow with this company. There are times when the energy is great and a work day can move smoothly but the store is very unorganized which can cause a lot of problems we as stylist can't fix.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
hard to get coverage and the turnover rate is high
Factory-like, bad scheduling system, no paid breaks.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILMarch 27, 2017
Feels like a factory, you have to go by their "Five Point Play" system with every customer. Asking them the same questions, using the same lines, etc. And you have to stay way after your hours, paid of course. But for example if you close at 8 and a client walks in at 7:59, you have to take them. Which adds an extra hour onto your time, because of cleaning and closing the entire place as well. You only make commission if you have certain numbers, which is fine but it's not fair if your location is fairly new. If you need to take a day off you have to fill out a form way beforehand, and no matter what it is if there's no one to cover your shift you can't take the time off.
Pros
Can work part-time or full-time, easygoing teamwork, 50% discount on products.
Cons
Sometimes you won't have as many team members as you need, and you'll have walkouts. $10 an hour isn't that great, have to stay past your scheduled time, no paid break-time
Great Starting Job
RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTMarch 22, 2017
I worked as a receptionist and it was a great way to start working. I made apps and got people on the list. I cleaned up after stylists and managed a email list (for coupons and reviews)
Pros
Good Pay, Nice People, Happy Work Environment
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Clips. Our community is ready to answer.