Sport Ngin Employee Reviews in United States

cool place
Market Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 7, 2016
i missed goal one time during a holiday month and they let me go while i was overall top 25 percent. Regions totally determine your outcome.
Pros
Beer and ping pong
Cons
management
Fun, fast-paced startup with great foundation
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2014
For software development, it's a pretty typical day in today's workplace: standup, team members work on different tasks but the same product, regular working meetings, etc.

Culture is exceptional.

A little fast paced - decide if you like that or not.
Great company full of passionate people
Designer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2014
My time at Sport Ngin for the past two years has been fantastic. The office we work in is a really cool converted warehouse space with large open spaces and brick and timber finishes.

Everyone here is passionate about what they do and it shows. Collaborating with smart coworkers who truly care about what they're working on is inspiring.

I enjoy the work I do every day and will be here for a long time.
Pros
creative environment, free coffee, great people
Empowering workplace with amazing people
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2014
I've worked for Sport Ngin for two years this April. I am challenged and empowered everyday at work. Sport Ngin recognizes hard work and I have been promoted during my time with the company.

One of my favorite parts of working at Sport Ngin is the people. I work next to talented, fun, and incredibly passionate individuals. My manager has also been a great mentor and helped me to accomplish a lot and improve my skills.

The management is great. Sport Ngin is a mid-sized company with a small business culture so you can't expect the same type of processes put into place that you might find at a larger business. Everyone is a team player at Sport Ngin, including management. Working at a company of this size, you get see the executive team at work everyday and all of their doors are always open if you need to talk.

The company is growing and very fast-paced so you need to be ready for a whirlwind but the Sport Ngin management team really does want people to thrive, succeed, and accomplish great things in their time with the company and in each employee's career. They care about each individual employee and work hard to make sure you have a great work/life balance and work atmosphere.
Pros
people, culture, management, work/life balance, company events, 401k
Cons
young company
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2014
I previously worked for a large banking corporation (since 2008). This is exactly the fresh start I needed and was looking for.

I've been working for Sport Ngin for just over a month now. The initial training was great. We were given an in depth look into the company and its products, as well as one-on-one position specific training.

The work atmosphere/culture is fantastic. The people are very friendly - I felt welcome from day one. The work atmosphere is laid back and positive, and there is an all-employee donut day every Thursday.

A typical day for me can vary in tasks, and I get to work with a variety of people from different areas of the company. It's also nice to be at a place that shares my love of sports and technology.

Overall it's a great place to work, and quite the opposite of a corporate office!
Pros
great co-workers, work atmosphere is laid back, positive, and open to creativity.
Great culture with a work hard play hard mentality
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2014
I've worked at Sport Ngin for a year and a half. What I've been most impressed with is the culture and the truly passionate and talented people of get to call co-workers. While we all work hard and put in the hours it's great to receive appreciation for the work we do.

I come to work each day knowing that I get to work with extremely talented people, on products that I'm proud of, and in a positive and creative work environment.

It's the best place I've worked at in my career.
Pros
opportunity for growth, flexible, creative work environment, multiple volunteer opportunities
Fun, laid back place to work.
Part-Time Sports Statistician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work is at home, which is great that I don't have to go anywhere. We communicate via a chat room. Our job requirement is to gather stats for high school sports. The job can get a little boring, because it is very repetitive.
Incredible so far
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2013
I've been at Sport Ngin for about 7 months. I'm completely empowered by my manager to execute on what I feel best for our department. I was hired for my experience, and I'm expected to use that to drive the best results.

I'm not sure you could find a better culture. We have company wide "donut day" on Thursdays where all employees get together, share quick departmental updates and socialize for an hour. Our MPLS offices are incredibly cool.

As a huge sports fan, it's an opportunity to enhance the world of sports. I work on projects that impact some of my favorite teams.

I've found the place I want to retire from.
Pros
donut day, great products, awesome co-workers, flexible
Productive with poor management
Statistician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2013
Were given assignments with no direction. Your boss or person who trained you in would never give helpful information ever.

4.2