SportUP is looking for a talented lead iOS Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area to help us launch our iOS mobile platform. If you're passionate about product development and have an interest in joining an exciting, funded start-up in the world of sports, we want to hear from you!
As the lead iOS Engineer, you will develop mobile sporting experiences that impact communities worldwide by working closely with our senior management team. You are expected to write clean, maintainable code and advocate iOS best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality, ideally with experience building social, news, and/or content applications.
Interested? More Details...
- Backwards-and-forwards knowledge of iOS
- Strong understanding of Objective-C
- Working with server APIs and server engineers, designing and testing communication with cloud-based systems
- Deployment, debugging, support, and analytics of real-world iOS apps
- Work tightly with off shore engineers, local designer, and senior management to figure out how new features should work
- Decide how to store data in the application, when to communicate with the server, and how to make it all efficient
- Build beautiful UI, from pixel-perfect buttons up to entire application flow
- Integrate and monitor application analytics; watch what users are doing, figure out what it means about them, and use it to make the application better
- An ambitious team leader with a passion for execution, having fun, and sports
- Someone who knows iOS inside and out: you’ve spent several years building a substantial real-world iOS application (or more than one), taking it from development through production, working with designers, writing code, digging into performance optimization, rooting out insidious bugs, and supporting plenty of users.
- Interested in joining the founding team of a startup (competitive compensation and founding equity stake provided)
- Excited about creating technology platforms which allow users to communicate, create and share content
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- English as primary language
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships with external technology suppliers/vendors
- Familiarity with Agile development technologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with technology stacks which include MySQL, Python, and native mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android)
Minimum Required Experience & Education
- 3+ years of iOS/Objective C development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years development experience with iOS, including at least one commercially-released, significant application
- Core Data and Storyboards experience a plus
- Experience interacting with Web APIs
- Formal CS Degree a plus
- Great logic and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Good to have: experience with web development – Django Python
- Good to have: have an application submitted on App Store
Indeed - 8 months ago