sportclips

sportclips Employer Reviews

Girls are nice!
Hairstylist (Former Employee), RosenbergJanuary 22, 2015
Love working here!
Management are flexible with you!
Weekends are the busiest days of the week
demanding and past pace
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Mckinney, TXJanuary 6, 2015
This company lesser the value of a hairstylist. Because they not only have to cut clients hair, give them good service but also sell the company products for hair. If a stylist doesn't meet their quote, then they are fired for that.
A salon for men and boys
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches at least once a month
Cons: short brakes, a lot of standing
A fun place to work, a sports environment for men and boys to enjoy while getting their hair cut and styled.
mens haircutting
hairstylist (Former Employee), Las VegasDecember 29, 2014
Pros: fun clients. i enjoyed selling hair products, and learning new haircut styles.
Cons: company relies too much on online comments from clients as a way of keeping track of management.
I learned a lot about men's haircutting, scalp massage techniques and upselling services and products.

I was not happy to be doing numerous free haircuts as a marketing method for the company. People don't tip or appreciate a free haircut.There are much better ways to market your business.
Productive and educational place to work.
Hair Stylist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fishers, INDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free educational classes and tips.
Cons: not enough hours
Customer Service, meeting new people of all ages, learning new product line, selling products, men haircuts, trimming beards, eyebrows, nose and ears, scalp, shoulders and back massages. Friendly conversations with co-worker and clients. Cleaning tools (combs, shears, clippers & trimmers). Prepping stations, mirrors & counters. Laundry, sweeping, mopping, shampoo bowls, re-stocking equipment & errands. Checkout & re-occurring clients. Learning different haircutting techniques for men and continuing education from managers. Leaving work due to bed rest was the hardest to do and learning different techniques for men's hairstyles was great.
Exciting laid back salon
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Allen, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: fast pace and uplifting atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at SportClips is setting up your station and being prepared for the first walk-in client. Greet everyone with a smile and style to clients request. Provide great services and suggest a product best suited for the client. Cash the client out at the register and let them know when to return for a followup haircut to keep the style.
I learned different ways to sale products and how to manage time so that clients are in and out fast but pleased with their service
My co-workers and I worked as a team and it was very nice to have them.
The hardest part of the job would be around certain times of the year when the salon would slow down and hours would be cut to compensate.
Customer service orientated work place
Stylist (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: cash tips daily
Cons: no insurance, no set schedules or weekends off.
A typical day at work is arriving early to set up my things and get ready to tend to customers, Normal cleaning duties, obtaining daily/quarterly goals, etc. I have learned how to work in a fast paced environment, how to give excellent customer service to every client. My co-workers are great, I have learned a lot of what to do and what not to do from them. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer/client satisfied, but it is obtainable. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my clients are satisfied and hearing their feedback.
Great for stylist just starting careers
Stylist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2014
min. hours, average tips , enjoyable for most part, great for something short term unless it is a large franchise, then there is possible room for growth.
Fun environment
Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: talking with clients
Cons: short staffed
SportClips is a great place for males to come get their haircut and catch up on the latest in the sports world.

My typical day as the manager is arriving 30 minutes early to make sure the salon is clean and ready for the day. Throughout my day I send and reply to emails, market my store to help it grow, recruit potential employees, take clients and ensure that my staff are there and being productive employees, treating our clients with top notch service.
As a manager you are always busy, which I love! It is exciting to work with clients and help your staff be better at their job. We get to do exciting events to help promote our stores and have very inspiring leaderships once a quarter.
The hardest part of my job is scheduling due to the fact that we have been short staffed since I started with the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I talk to many different people everyday and I learn something new from each of them!
favorite job ever!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: understanding coworkers and boss, good experience points
Cons: not a high paying job as a receptionist
amazing place to work! everyone is very nice and has that family feel. if you can get a job here i recommend it! it was great while i was in school.
Average
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 4, 2014
This is a very fast-paced work environment. The one thing I enjoyed the most about working here is interacting with different people.
Wonderful environment, great co-workers, awesome products/services.
Salon Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at this position which allowed me to gain customer service experience and develop friendships.
Great Work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 6, 2014
Amazing manager and work place. Not much drama. Working there was always fun.
Fun work environment, Family oriented
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Cottage Grove, MNJune 2, 2014
Pros: great owners, fun coworkers
Cons: no benefits, sometimes no breaks
It is always busy and we work well together as a team to stay caught up. Hardest part of the job it standing all day without a break sometimes. I love the people I work with and also our clients. They make it exciting to go in to work every day.
Productive and fun work place that is growing rapidly.
Area Manager (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: education, great tips, no chemicals, great clients, rubber floors
Lots of room for personal growth. The tools are available to advance your career. Great benefits from paid vacations, health, life, dental and disability insurance. Team oriented environment.
Very positive, fast paced environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 23, 2014
I LOVED working for this company. They as well, prefer to promote from within. I loved how fast paced it was and how easy it is to build a clientel in these stores. 17 minutes or less mens haircuts. Walk ins only. Lots of money to be made if at the right location.
Desirable environment for Sport enthusiast, Fun and Fast pace
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: busy stores are fast pace
Cons: focuses on fast services and product sales
Enjoyable work environment, encourages professionalism. Offers technical training and product knowledge
Haircuts are great, management and ownership aren't
Keyholder/ Hairstylist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 7, 2014
Every person in there work really hair and give a great service. Talented hairstylist with a keene eye for detail. There isnt really every much of a structure, owners don't show any interest in their business and management is free to come as go as pleases.
Productive and fun workplace
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
Cutting and styling men's hair, shampooing, servicing clients wit great customer service even when they have bad attitudes
Cutting hair with sports
Stylist/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 24, 2014
-A typical day at work was to cut walk-in client's hair. Since I was assistant manager, I had to go to bank for daily deposits, open and close the salon.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was having the men and boys enjoy the sports environment while getting their hair cut.
-I learned alot about the different sports that they have during the year, and I also learned that men and boys are alot easier to cut than it is to please women.

1 2 3