Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation

Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation Employee Reviews

Good experience
Program Director (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2015
Enjoy working in School environment as a Director of Program. Collaborating with other school professionals and providing professional developments was a great experience.
Fun job
Academic Technology Support (Current Employee), Woodside, New YorkMay 19, 2015
This is only a temporary job for the most part. My job is travel to different schools and make sure all the after school program director is doing their job
Fun workplace
Sports Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 22, 2015
This job allows me to be more interactive with the children and a role model. I don't only help them academic wise but I also get to teach them recreational skills in various sports, such as flag football, soccer, floor hockey, and basketball. I play a major part in their lives as well as teach them dance on the side.
Great experience, Always learning new things
DATA SPECIALIST/ DIRECTOR ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: High pay wage, comfortable working environment.
Cons: Dangerous neighborhood, unstable schedule, part-time hours.
A typical day at work would include, updating all the attendance/ data that needed to be updated before the after-school program started, once the program started i would hand out snacks to all the after-school – more... activities, and supervise and maintain the program in an organized manner.
Becoming a data entry specialist has taught me how to function different data entry programs. Its also taught me how to get things done on time, being that all the attendance had to be submitted by a deadline. Its also taught me how to keep information in an organized manner so that it is easy to comprehend. – less
great job , love all the students
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 11, 2015
Pros: going on different trips with the kids
Cons: only a part time job.
a great way to learn different ways to deal with all type of ages.
I have became cpr AND FIRST AID CERF FROM THIS JOB.
I GOT ALONG WITH MOST OF MY CO WORKERS AND MOST RESPECT
Bitter Sweet
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Helping the children become better students and teaching them life lessons
Cons: Not allowed to make 40 hrs a week, no benefits or healthcare for PT employees, very inconsiderate to employees off time when scheduling meetings.
I have enjoyed my time working at SASF very much, but the bad definitely outweighs the good. Once I've moved of I will truly miss the children.
You don't do this for the money
School Program Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: professional development
Cons: pay, communication
To be an after school program director at SASF, means that you are 100% responsible for all things pertaining to your program; including things that may or may not be in your control.

This is a career – more... that you choose because you love the field. You do it because you want to enrich the lives of inner city students. You do it for the joy you see in your student's faces. You do not do this job for the thank yous, you most certainly do not do this job for the money.

SASF has a mission to bridge the educational gap at inner city public schools by targeting the three crucial hours taking place once students are dismissed from school. A mission I fully stand by and advocate for.

To be working for this agency means that I have the ability to make a difference. – less
Fun work place
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), BronxJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great work hours, friendly co-workers
I became a counselor at Sports and Arts Club. It was a summer program that had sports, arts, academics, and field trips combined. This allowed students to be social and involved, with their community. I worked with students from the ages of 6 through 12. Enjoyed it because children were able to experience different activities outside of their neighborhood.
Productive environment filled with eager children
School Year Teacher/ Counselor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day would begin with attendance and then the program would switch into academic groups. Students would do their homework I would assist. After doing homework I would help the children to engage – more... in a leadership activity; where they would learn how to better themselves. Once this activity is done I would help students transition into their club sports or activities such as volleyball, basketball, step, sign language, soccer, etc. When clubs are completed for the day the final part of the day is to make sure all students are dismissed and are not lingering around the school building. – less
fun place to work
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 21, 2014
my typical work day at SASF was an enjoyable experience. the staff was welcoming and very knowledgeable in field. the management had great control over the entire camp. relayed information in a timely matter. the job was very flexible with school and other appointments. working alongside the activity specialist was and enjoyable experience, working with children was very rewarding.
Great Environment
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx,NYDecember 1, 2014
Everyone was loving including staff and parent to the children that attended our program
Good Organization
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Kew Gardens, NYSeptember 22, 2014
A great non-profit. Nice people. Provides after school programs for NYC Dept of Education schools across the five boroughs.
Disappointment promises then no follow-up call to confirm
Manager (Former Employee), NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful opportunities for kids to get expose to new things
Cons: lack of communication
SASF, mission is wonderful and perfect for all school children. They, serve a great need and purpose in kids daily lives. I reached out a few times after my interview trying not to be overly pushy or aggressive – more... and still have not heard anything after the managing position was offered to me during the interview.
Its not a good feeling to experience. But, I'm still a firm believer in SASF's mission. At least they are doing well by the kids. But it would have been nice to know what happen!

Have anyone else experience the same treatment? – less
Productive and fun place to work if you love children
Assistant Site Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 2, 2014
SASF helps bridge the academic performance gap among under-achieving students by extending the school day and year with wholesome, skill-building activities designed to improve New York City children’s academic performance, health and wellness, attitude towards school, self-confidence, character and values, and opportunity for lifelong employment.
Challenging and rewarding
Activity Specialist/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: healthcare, part-time
Same routine every time working and mentoring the kids with other staffs. Hardest thing is to have them share and open up to new ideas but once they do they can relate. You feel like family once you get to know them.
Financial Office Assistant (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 18, 2014
- day by day work
- not stressful
- friendly
- productive
- The hardest part is getting here
- welcoming
This company provides room for advancement. My position is rewarding and fulfilling in that I feel I have a positive impact on the young people.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), MS175 - Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: it is sports related
Cons: my position is part time
I work with wonderful enthusiastic people. We are all interested in the welfare and well being of the young people in our program. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my students feel proud of themselves.
teaching
Activity Specialist (Former Employee), Woodside, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: this is what i do my career choice
Cons: no sercurity
I loved this job but it was privately funded and when the money ran out I had to go
Fast Paced
Senior Activity Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2013
Working in a fast paced, high-need school environment requires you to be very attentive and caring. As a tutor it is important to help students to understand their assignments and happily engage in activities. – more... I've learned that its essential to be empathetic towards others. As far as management, at times there's difficulty with proper advancement. Co-workers may not always be as attentive as they should be. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the students remain on task. The most enjoyable is being supportive to the students and hearing their laughter. – less
Great Part-time job
Assistant Director/ Tutor (Former Employee), Bronx,NyNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: no health care
This job is perfect for a College student. you help the youth with homework and their studies. my boss was a pleasure to work with she allowed to excell in my position of assistant director.

About Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation

ABOUT US Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation (SASF) is New York’s leading provider of after-school programs. Our mission – Read more

Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation Salaries

Wellness Coordinator
$26.50 per hour

Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation Photos

SASF at United Way Brooklyn Bridge Walk
Keeep sports an Arts in schools