Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation

Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation Employer Reviews

Productive environment filled with eager children
School Year Teacher/ Counselor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day would begin with attendance and then the program would switch into academic groups. Students would do their homework I would assist. After doing homework I would help the children to engage in a leadership activity; where they would learn how to better themselves. Once this activity is done I would help students transition into their club sports or activities such as volleyball, basketball, step, sign language, soccer, etc. When clubs are completed for the day the final part of the day is to make sure all students are dismissed and are not lingering around the school building.
Disappointment promises then no follow-up call to confirm
Manager (Former Employee), NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful opportunities for kids to get expose to new things
Cons: lack of communication
SASF, mission is wonderful and perfect for all school children. They, serve a great need and purpose in kids daily lives. I reached out a few times after my interview trying not to be overly pushy or aggressive and still have not heard anything after the managing position was offered to me during the interview.
Its not a good feeling to experience. But, I'm still a firm believer in SASF's mission. At least they are doing well by the kids. But it would have been nice to know what happen!

Have anyone else experience the same treatment?
Productive and fun place to work if you love children
Assistant Site Director (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 2, 2014
SASF helps bridge the academic performance gap among under-achieving students by extending the school day and year with wholesome, skill-building activities designed to improve New York City children’s academic performance, health and wellness, attitude towards school, self-confidence, character and values, and opportunity for lifelong employment.
Challenging and rewarding
Activity Specialist/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: healthcare, part-time
Same routine every time working and mentoring the kids with other staffs. Hardest thing is to have them share and open up to new ideas but once they do they can relate. You feel like family once you get to know them.
Financial Office Assistant (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 18, 2014
- day by day work
- not stressful
- friendly
- productive
- The hardest part is getting here
- welcoming
teaching
Activity Specialist (Former Employee), Woodside, NYDecember 23, 2013
Pros: this is what i do my career choice
Cons: no sercurity
I loved this job but it was privately funded and when the money ran out I had to go
Great Part-time job
Assistant Director/ Tutor (Former Employee), Bronx,NyNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: no health care
This job is perfect for a College student. you help the youth with homework and their studies. my boss was a pleasure to work with she allowed to excell in my position of assistant director.
Mission-Driven with focus on High-Quality Programs
Director of Fee-For-Service Programs (Current Employee), Woodside, NYMay 7, 2013
Program staff is dedicated to delivering high-quality to children participating in after-school and summer programs. The variety of programming is unmatched by any other youth services non-profit in New York, serving grades K-12.
SASF has taught me leadership skills and taught me how to work independently
Attendance Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mt.Vernon NYSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: part-time. advancement opportunites
Cons: lousy pay
SASF is a great beginner organization. It will certainly challenge you in ways you did not think an after school program is capable of.
Relaxed Work Environment
Programmer (Current Employee), Woodside, NYJune 27, 2012
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: low pay
I am the only programmer / web developer in the organization. It is a nonprofit so not the best financial decision but the work is important and may be rewording.