Sports Authority Employee Reviews

Found 1,607 reviews matching the search
Customer Service experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, FLMay 25, 2017
Walked into the store and clocked in, checked in with the manager and see what register they wanted to place me in and attended customers when they were ready to check out as well as helping and customers on the phone.
The management in the current place was poor and unorganized. Always changing the schedule without giving notice to anyone.
the best part of the job was be exposed to different types of customers, most were tourists and spoke several languages.

• Identified problems customers had (over the phone and in person) and provided them with effective solutions.
• Utilized strong multi-tasking skills to balance assisting customers and answering a high call volume.
• Provided outstanding customer service which lead to appraisals.
• Amplified customer satisfaction by displaying friendliness and helpfulness to customers.
Pros
discounts from the stores merchandise
Cons
poor staff management
Well it went bankrupt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 25, 2017
Paid too little. Customers were awful to staff during bankruptcy. Working long hours was hard on feet. The general managers were awesome, but the district manager told us not to worry about our jobs and then days later he tells us we're going bankrupt.
Cons
long hours, a lot of standing, repetitive
This business is currently not open anymore
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 24, 2017
I most definitely enjoyed my time and experiences with this company. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt and all locations have since gone out of business.
no longer in business
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAMay 24, 2017
due to problems that arose higher up in the company the chain of stores has been shut down. while working there I experienced the normal pros and cons of working in a retail environment. However I was paid less than my male coworker and when asked why this was my supervisor simply shrugged his shoulders and told me it wasn't his problem. decent company before it went down but could do better when hiring their leaders.
Pros
high emplyee discount
Cons
unethical managment, no sence of strcture
Fun place of employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2017
Easy, Long days with hardly any disruptions, I learned how to communicate with different customers. The workplace culture was good. I didn't mind the work. The most enjoyable part was the people.
shoes salesman
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 23, 2017
Job was very laid back, not much structure to the store. Helped customers when needed and put in various orders online for any customer that couldn't be accommodated in the store
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
great work places to work at , meeting different people everyday fast work flow love building small relationship with customer and also my employes recommend this job to people.
Job tasks
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
My tasks were to keep store clean, restock shelves, provide customer service when needed, inventory, unload trucks, and to train new employees for the seasonal hire
Pros
Great environment, great people, good store
Cons
Short of employees
Fun place to work
Merchandising Nike Apparel & Footwear (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 18, 2017
Going over floor plan to ensure new apparel and top sellers always were front line. The work environment was amazing. Great people and customers. Audits were long but the job itself was exciting.
This comany is out of buisness
Soft Lines Manager (Former Employee) –  NCMay 17, 2017
This review is useless as this company is out of business and it does not matter what anyone says. I do not understand why this is even here because this will not matter to anyone
Fun learning environment that was within my comfort zone because it was dealing with sports.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of greeting customers as they walked in, helping to find products throughout the store, stock merchandise on the sales floor, and to ring up the customers purchases. The management was different from any type of management staff that I have previously worked for because they were very close knit and very involved with their employees. The hardest part of the job was to maintain a clean work environment when there were not enough employees on the sales floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers gain knowledge about things they had no previous knowledge about.
Store is out of business
Nike Brand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 16, 2017
This company is no longer open. as of 2015. From 2007 - 2010, I worked as a Nike Brand Coordinator. I was my own leader and rarely had to ask for approval. The most enjoyable part of that job was seeing the costumers look impressed on how well the department looked.
Productive and fun place to work
FP&A Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 16, 2017
Wish they hadn't gone out of business. Loved working here. They hd awesome people and a great corporate culture, though I'd heard the retail associates had it tough.
Very productive and fun workplace
Sales, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 16, 2017
While working at Sports Authority I learned a lot about the products we sell and how the products could benefit each and every customer in different ways. I also learned how to communicate well with customers, helping them get what they're looking for and suggest better products that would meet their needs.
Fast paced, fun environment, Work life balance was great
Retail Associate/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2017
I worked at Sport's Authority for a short time. It was great hours, work life balance, and the managers were great. If you were not liked for lack of work ethic, you were singled out. Hard work, you will get along fine there.
Poor Training
Hard Lines/Softlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed my staff and customers. Hard work and dedication go unnoticed by higher management. Suggestions by the staff on the floor to better improve the workplace are ignored
Good employee discount
retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 14, 2017
Bad structure
Confusion between senior and sales associate authority tites
Management commarodery
Not understanding of student priorites
No room for advancement
Pros
Discount and hookups
Cons
Bad management
Sports authority
Team Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2017
It was a pleasure working at this job. People friendly and fun plus we were able to accept tips. The pay wasnt great but it was enough to ge tby at the time.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  HawaiiMay 13, 2017
I was a seasonal worker so i only worked here for about two months. Within those two months i learned how to stock, cashier and run the sales floors.
My main job was a sales floor associate and a cashier.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
It was a positive first job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 12, 2017
The work days were rough, the store was closing and the work conditions were stressful because of all the merchandise that was just thrown all over the floor and customers being unreasonable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.