Sports Authority Employee Reviews

No longer in business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
No longer in business, however this was a good company to work for, i enjoyed my time with this company while they were open, sad to see them go out of business.
Seasonal.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 19, 2017
The job at Sports Authority was a seasonal job. Working there for times I was there I learned a lot about sales, I've learn how to better my sales by different ways of approaching a customer in a mannerly way.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2017
Really slow relaxed environment, friendly and helpful management. Presented with equal opportunity decent pay and good hours not much to complain about.
Pros
relaxed work enviorment
Cons
little to no business
They are out of business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 15, 2017
This really doesn't matter what I type because Sports Authority is out of business because they obviously couldn't compete and they didn't pay well. It was kind of a miserable job but I feel bad for all the people who lost their jobs.
how work is
Customer Service Apparel/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAOctober 9, 2017
I loved working at this store. The environment was great, the people were great and it was always a good time at work. Too bad they closed down completely
extended hours required,but overall sports authority was a good lace to work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 6, 2017
a typical day would be Cashier,and accts payable processor. over time of 10 hours requird per week, we were paid but very hard to work those 10 extra hours every week. Management was Okay, and I say okay because they were not open to employees suggestions or opinions.
Don do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 5, 2017
The pay is horrible and the management is terrible. The job is very stressful and not worth the money you get. This just isn't a place you would want to be for long.
Not in business anymore
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2017
TSA was a fun job that was great with my college schedule. I learned a ton of things from working there. The management was my favorite managers that I ever worked for. Hardest part of my job was the holidays, most enjoyable was the associates that worked there.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98501October 4, 2017
We had competitive sales goals to meet on a daily basis. I learned a great deal about retail management during my time there including inventory and safe management, The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the online sales market such as Amazon.
Pros
Great discounts on all sporting goods and apparal
Cons
Competeing with online sales markets
Went out of business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 3, 2017
Was good experience working as an Operations manager and promoted to sales manager just before leaving. Discounts were good, always an interesting day.
Pros
Lunch rooms
Cons
Black Friday
Decent work environment
Full Time Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
Coworkers were friendly. The work was tiring but hours were good. Management was understanding and helpful. Managers often bought lunch for entire crew.
Company filed bancruptcy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 3, 2017
Company filed bankruptcy in 2016, as a result all locations wew closed. Great place to work before the financial crisis. I was there for 6 years and would have been there longer if they had not closed.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 2, 2017
I had a great time working here. the manager was always upbeat and in a good mood. she loved getting everyone coffee in the mornings and if we had to work over night. it was a great atmosphere to work at for a first job.
Fun
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raymond James Stadium, FLOctober 2, 2017
It was a fun job I enjoyed it but it is only temporary besides that it was okay if I have another chance I would work can't find any bad things to say about them
Doesn't exist
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2017
The review for this company is not really important because this company doesn't exist anymore. It was a good company while it lasted. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the environment.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Great retail job. Fun and energetic environment. Flexible hours and shifts. Willingness to work in different departments or learn new roles. Variety of staff.
Typical corporate job where they expect so much with not enough hours.
Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 29, 2017
The job itself wasn't too terrible, it was just that they would give you so many projects but wouldn't allow overtime. Getting said projects complete was possible, but you would get yelled at if you had 40 hours and 1 minute. I didn't mind the job much other than that.
Very competitive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 27, 2017
Everyday we were told how other stores are doing and would compare ourselves. Our manager Scott was very touch on everyone and we were not only competing with our stores, but dicks Sporting Goods so it was very hectic. Management had no respect for their employees just wasn't the best environment to do you best in.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Everything else
Was fun while it lasted
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2017
Great Staff members, but the company went under. Management was great, but sometimes if your looking for advancements it was pretty rare. It was a great company because of the people that worked their.
Competitive workplace
Cashier/ Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2017
working in various departments such as shoes department , loss prevention, stocks. I also did cash handling and making sure that sore was kept clean at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.