Sports Authority Employee Reviews

Found 1,680 reviews matching the search
Sports Authority
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 7, 2017
Was a good, enjoyable experience until liquidation began. When liquidation began co-workers, the liquidators and customers became unpleasant. If liquidation never occurred I would have loved the experience.
Fast paced sales floor
Team Sports Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJune 7, 2017
The company is a fast paced sales role. Very by the book with little room to think outside of the box. The position is very heavy on metrics and not so much on performance.
Overall I was satisfied with Sports Authority
Sales Team and Softlines Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 7, 2017
Learned all areas of retail including how to successfully run a 5 million dollar store. I closed and opened the store five or six days
a week and enjoyed interacting with employees and customers.
I handled incoming and outgoing trucks and made sure all items reached the sales floor in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was when an employee did not show up for work and having to make up for the lack of support.

The long term development of relationships with customers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great employee and customer relationships
Cons
employees not showing up for work
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 6, 2017
Lots of joking with co-workers, A lot of sports talk which i absolutely loved. Then we broke out some fun stuff to do after we all closed and just had some fun
Pros
Great Atmosphere if you love sports
Cons
I was a temporary employee
Softlines Lead (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 6, 2017
I was a temporary employee for the holiday season. I was going to be given a full time position after the holiday, however the company was already starting to see the damages from the holiday and decided to not keep me on.
Its a great job for a student
Operations/ Front End Manager - Retail (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 6, 2017
The management works with your schedule and the people are usually lively and make work enjoyable. However, there will be those customers who will make your day difficult but that's anywhere you go.
Fun workplace
Sales Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 5, 2017
Sports Authority was a fun place to work until it was shut down. The people were friendly the store offered fair prices and and the atmosphere was fantastic. However my store got turned into a training store for store managers which made things very difficult.
Pros
good people
Cons
not consistant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 4, 2017
I would come in and clock in on the computer then greet my fellow colleagues and then set up at my register. Working at Sports Authorities I learned how to engage with customers and being responsible as a cashier like making sure I give customer right amount of change or making sure the customer gives the right amount.
I loved the company. I made alot of friends for life.
Casher/Sale Specialist/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 4, 2017
• Oversee store fellow employees checking out customers and making sure that each transaction was accurate.
• Responsible for stocking sales floor shelves three times a week and submitting inventory reports to management.
• Responsible for handling the return items and matching up the return items with inventory database.
Sports Authority
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Organizing clothes and making sure everything was fully stocked and in order. The management was very respectful towards all staff members. The days were very slow working there.
Pros
easy shedule
Cons
boring job
No longer in business
Hardlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2017
As Sports Authority is no longer in business, I can not recommend them. While they did at one time have a key spot in the retail sports niche, they did not conform to changing times.
out of buisnees
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 30, 2017
this review really doesn't matter because they are out of business but it was a very fast paced fun place to work. people were always nice and helpful and worked very well as a team.
fun place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 28, 2017
Sports Authority was a very fun and rewarding job. It had its ups and downs like most jobs, but was good overall. The management was no very good. Lots of politics involved.
Pros
discount, atmosphere, customers
Cons
management
Customer Service experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, FLMay 25, 2017
Walked into the store and clocked in, checked in with the manager and see what register they wanted to place me in and attended customers when they were ready to check out as well as helping and customers on the phone.
The management in the current place was poor and unorganized. Always changing the schedule without giving notice to anyone.
the best part of the job was be exposed to different types of customers, most were tourists and spoke several languages.

• Identified problems customers had (over the phone and in person) and provided them with effective solutions.
• Utilized strong multi-tasking skills to balance assisting customers and answering a high call volume.
• Provided outstanding customer service which lead to appraisals.
• Amplified customer satisfaction by displaying friendliness and helpfulness to customers.
Pros
discounts from the stores merchandise
Cons
poor staff management
Well it went bankrupt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 25, 2017
Paid too little. Customers were awful to staff during bankruptcy. Working long hours was hard on feet. The general managers were awesome, but the district manager told us not to worry about our jobs and then days later he tells us we're going bankrupt.
Cons
long hours, a lot of standing, repetitive
This business is currently not open anymore
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 24, 2017
I most definitely enjoyed my time and experiences with this company. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt and all locations have since gone out of business.
no longer in business
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAMay 24, 2017
due to problems that arose higher up in the company the chain of stores has been shut down. while working there I experienced the normal pros and cons of working in a retail environment. However I was paid less than my male coworker and when asked why this was my supervisor simply shrugged his shoulders and told me it wasn't his problem. decent company before it went down but could do better when hiring their leaders.
Pros
high emplyee discount
Cons
unethical managment, no sence of strcture
Fun place of employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2017
Easy, Long days with hardly any disruptions, I learned how to communicate with different customers. The workplace culture was good. I didn't mind the work. The most enjoyable part was the people.
shoes salesman
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 23, 2017
Job was very laid back, not much structure to the store. Helped customers when needed and put in various orders online for any customer that couldn't be accommodated in the store
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2017
great work places to work at , meeting different people everyday fast work flow love building small relationship with customer and also my employes recommend this job to people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval