Sports Authority Employee Reviews

Found 1,366 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIJuly 16, 2016
I had an excellent experience with Sports Authority. The environment and work labor was enjoyable with my fellow co-workers, as we all were able to work as a team everyday. My job there was challenging, but not difficult or impossible because it was something I enjoyed doing. I learned a lot of helpful tips along the way, such as keep moving forward and work together!
Pros
Fun co-workers and managers; The job was a great experience.
Cons
Great people to work with!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 16, 2016
Great place to work! Many advancing opportunities for those who are dedicated. Working with Sporting equipment and customers every day....not bad!
Fun place to work
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 16, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and we’re extremely busy so the day goes by faster. Since Sport’s Authority is closing it has been hectic but I love working in a fast pace environment so it works out well.
Good team to work with but company closed down.
Hardlines Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525July 15, 2016
Getting product on to the floor and visual merchandising to maximize sale to the fullest. Went into liquidation for all 450 stores and will all be closed down by August, 2016.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Company closed down
productive
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 15, 2016
I learned how to be a great team member and always stayed positive. we had a great management that help us accomplish day to day goals.
Good workplace
Customer Service Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJuly 14, 2016
Good atmosphere and employee team. The hardest part of the job was enrolling customers in a free rewards program. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent customer service.
Great people who became family
Asset Protection (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2016
Growing up with this company you learn a great deal in building relationships with various departments within the organization and outside of the company. You are encouraged and empowered to be innovative.
Pros
The associates who gives their all
Cons
Going out of business
Very poor management
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL 33442July 11, 2016
Not a great place to worrk since the schedule always changed and they rarely allowed any one to get passed 36 hours a week. Bi-weekly pay was the worst part of the job.
Great Co-workers/ Low Compensation
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed my work environment as well as the management staff. I liked the challenge of meeting daily sales goals and and exceeding them, while motivating my team do the same with various game plans.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Compensation, working Thanksgiving
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 10, 2016
Was not very many employees to help out like a team should, managers wouldn't really help employees on the floor when needed. we all had a good time together before the store closed. Was a good family.
Pros
good employees
Cons
no help from managers, needed more employees
Fun team oriented work environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work starts out with opening the store by counting the cash office and opening the front registers. We then have a team huddle about metrics that need to met for the day. Our number one priority is to help the customers and create a clean and organized environment for their shopping convenience. Being with this company has taught me how to not only be a team player, but also a leader. The co-workers I have the pleasure of working with are hard working individuals who are great to be around and are motivating to one another. The hardest part of the job was becoming a manager and not being transferred to a different location. I had the obstacle of trying to manage and drive people who were once my peers and my friends. Everything worked out better than expected and it turned out to be a great learning experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is not only the employees who work there, but also the opportunity for advancement.
Ineteresting retail job
Team Lead Softlines/Hardlines (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2016
run freight, straighten merchandise, run register. I learned how to do resets, cash management, audit requirements, supply ordering. My last manager was fun to work with, very knowledgeable. Co-workers were reliable and easy to train and work with. The hardest part was closing the store. We were part of a Chapter 11 filing and the beginning of the closing of 140 stores. Now the whole company will be closed.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
flexible work schecdules
with my experience helping customers with the education and getting the positive feed back
Fitness Consultant and specialist and sales (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 7, 2016
well balanced work place, employees of highest quality and experience in their field. all employees well rounded in experience of all aspect of selling sporting goods.
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 6, 2016
Very fun company to work for, employees are treated fairly and given many opportunities to advance to the next level. A typical day at work for me as a general manager would include interacting with employees and customers
Pros
Great merchandise, employee discount, interacting with the public
Best Job environment
Costumer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 5, 2016
When starting your shift, you were told what were the goals to achieve. Customer service was the first thing to do. I learned more about sport products, how to drive a sale, different ways to give a great costumer service. All the managers were nice people who made you feel at home, and mentors, guiding you to be the best at the job.The co-workers too, they helped and motivate each other to get to our goals.
Good place to work when they were thriving
Softlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 5, 2016
Over the past few years there has been a steady decline in the way TSA has treated their employees. The day to day work got pilled onto a select few in stores because they cut back on full time positions that they offered. Payroll would constantly be limited and that was the biggest drawback in the end. Too often there were managers who were unwilling to work because they became jaded. They did offer sales incentives for managers, but little to be desired for at the associate level.
Amazing company to work for
Senior sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 4, 2016
My day at Sports Authority included extreme customer service. Assisting customers in any questions while maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
Cons
Company Liquidating
Great workplace
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 4, 2016
Working here has always been fun. The main objective at work was to center our customers around our loyalty cards. I have been told that I as a natural at these selling techniques, and I had been the top seller for a very long time. The management was so impressed with my work that I was even promoted slightly afterwards to be able to manage the currency within the cash drawers with the other managers, and be ready for the next step after that. The management was always very supportive and helpful throughout this whole process, and I learned very much from this excellent team. The other co-workers worked well within a team atmosphere as well, and it always went very smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was always staying busy and having much to do.
Pros
Excellent team, fast promotion
Cons
Healthcare
Poor Management
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2016
Fast paced environment. The children made coming to this job worthwhile although the management was too old fashioned for my liking. They believed in sending paper checks instead keeping up with the times and allowing employees to get the option of direct deposit.
Daily Experience
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 3, 2016
Help Customers find items they're looking for. Give great customer service each and every time. Keep floor clean. Keep a positive energy with associates. Have fun with each other but make sure we're getting the job done. count tills.