Sports Chalet

Sports Chalet Employee Reviews

Was very interested in getting job.
Sales Associate Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2015
As a sports' player and athlete it seemed right for me to work at a Sport Chalet. I was able to work in the back of the footwear department getting shoes out for customers and had some incentives to sell other products.
The coworkers and management there were good but main issue was security of job was not the best as there was a lot of turnaround of people working at the store.
It was not my best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZApril 23, 2015
I did not enjoy the workplace like i do my current job. There was way to much workplace drama for my liking that i was constantly being pulled into and the managers did not give me nearly enough hours. I had 4 hours for the entire week at one point.
Sports Chalet
Crew member (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 8, 2015
Working for the Sport Chalet was a good experience for those who want to pursuit a career in sports retail or management. They offer a lot of out door experiences to learn to be a part of and to better assist customers.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: organized and friendly
People are very nice and it is fun working there, and you really learn what products they offer and very good customer service training.
Everything was Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: everything
Very, Very, exciting place to be. California and the people that reside are just beautiful! I loved my managers and co-workers. I look forward to going to work everyday.
Monotonous. Boring. Lousy Pay.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the manager is cool.
Cons: short breaks. hours are too unstable. no customers. very boring.
Every day I clock in, I find myself working with "Fresh out of High School" teenagers making minimum wage who hate being there just as much as I do. There's hardly any customers so I find myself standing around aimlessly, with my hands in my pockets. You can only complete so many tasks until there's nothing left to do and then you find yourself pretending to be busy for hours, which to me, is more exhausting that actually being busy! Customers only come in and "graze" around. It's connected to an empty mall (Country Plaza) so don't count on seeing more than 100 or so customers a day. On a lighter note, the store's main manager is really cool. He's got his head on straight and actually looks out for his employees (well, the one's that actually show up to do actual work). One of the supervisors is a complete tool and the other one is alright, but he contradicts himself a lot. The staff is cool too. They're mostly young teenagers who hate working there and have either just graduated from high school or going to college. The only reason why I'm still there now is because my hours got cut big time at my other job and I was in a bind for work and they hired me. The only reason I still show up to work and haven't just walked out on them is because of the main manager. He's a really good guy and I don't want to let him down by being an @$$H0L3 and just leaving or not showing up without a formal letter of resignation.
Great environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: hour long lunches
Long as we got our work done in a timely matter we all had so much fun.
Fun Place
Lead Associate (Los Angeles and Orange County) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: very big industry discounts
Cons: not enough pay to enjoy discounts
Typical day included inventory management, department scheduling, sales and closure of store. I learned that some managers are not leaders but some can help you change for the better. My co-workers were supportive and very helpful. Hardest part of the job was getting paid a meager hourly wage with little advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the action sports industry.
Alright
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 21, 2014
It was okay working here. But there was no room for growth. It was a good way to learn about customer service
good clean store
footware (Former Employee), roseville, caMay 19, 2014
Good working environment like working there but it was a long drive for what I was getting paid.
fun workplace but very slow
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZOctober 26, 2013
typical day at work would be alot of standing and stocking. I learned alot about sunglasses and different brands. The hardest part of the job was cleaning all the sunglasses cases. The most enjoyable was the employee discounts.
Good Job
Department Head (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 8, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: scheduling
Good place to work but they wouldn't work with me once I started College full time. Gave them notice of school schedules and they would still schedule me on those days so I had to give it up because my classes cost too much.
Good perks
Sporting goods sales (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 6, 2013
The best thing about working for Sports Chalet is the perks. Free scuba lessons, free sporting equipment rental and discounts at local ski and snowboarding resorts.
working as an auditor was very demanding
Auditor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 22, 2013
learned a lot working at sport chalet, very easy to move up through the company.
Fun retail environment with incredible learning opportunites
Footwear Department Head (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 13, 2013
Employees are expected to be "experts" in their respective fields, and training provided is unlike any other retailer.
Great Enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2013
great environment and great people. Educated customers concerning benefits of the product, Answered queries and concerns regarding equipment, pricing, and availability, Processed consumer transactions by means of a real-time computer activation system, Took part in store marketing activities, Managed inventory associated with the sales process, Ensured that every customer has a positive experience.
Click
Cashier, Apparel Expert (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 20, 2013
Management is childish if you want to work in a highschool environment this is your place! Gossip is all around, including management. Not a great place for professional people, great for a first or college job.
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunches
Cons: short breaks
worked in the juniors department
being in a fast pace postion is always good and I learned to enjoy it
management was great everyone was friendly
co workers where very nice
being at a place where you felt like it was professional
supervisor of general athletics
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: advacement
Cons: slow work enviroment
adhere to sop and sales goals I learned how to managed others and working in a retail setting the hardest part of the job was lack of hours the thing i most enjoyed was the rewards for hard work
Productive and fun sporting good store
Bicycle Repair Assistant/Retail Restocking (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: good break time, fun work place, mechanical work, healthcare
Typically worked independently to upgrade, service or repair bicycles that were purchased or brought in by customers.

I learned how to use the tools available to perform the services required for each bicycle. Also, enjoyed restocking items for display including bikes, gear and equipment.

Management were pleasant to be around and very acceptable to work under.

Co-workers are nice to have to talk with during downtime, all were pleasant individuals with good demeanor and personality.

The hardest part of the job was the practical jokes sometimes played by other employees that seemed to take up valuable time, I enjoy a good joke, but there is a time and a place and work takes priority for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiling faces and knowing that a bike that I worked on was going to be rode on and enjoyed. I also enjoyed displaying the bikes to show off the technology and design.

Sports Chalet Salaries