Sports Chalet

Sports Chalet Employer Reviews

good clean store
footware (Former Employee), roseville, caMay 19, 2014
Good working environment like working there but it was a long drive for what I was getting paid.
fun workplace but very slow
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZOctober 26, 2013
typical day at work would be alot of standing and stocking. I learned alot about sunglasses and different brands. The hardest part of the job was cleaning all the sunglasses cases. The most enjoyable was the employee discounts.
Good Job
Department Head (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 8, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: scheduling
Good place to work but they wouldn't work with me once I started College full time. Gave them notice of school schedules and they would still schedule me on those days so I had to give it up because my classes cost too much.
Good perks
Sporting goods sales (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 6, 2013
The best thing about working for Sports Chalet is the perks. Free scuba lessons, free sporting equipment rental and discounts at local ski and snowboarding resorts.
working as an auditor was very demanding
Auditor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 22, 2013
learned a lot working at sport chalet, very easy to move up through the company.
Fun retail environment with incredible learning opportunites
Footwear Department Head (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 13, 2013
Employees are expected to be "experts" in their respective fields, and training provided is unlike any other retailer.
Great Enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2013
great environment and great people. Educated customers concerning benefits of the product, Answered queries and concerns regarding equipment, pricing, and availability, Processed consumer transactions by means of a real-time computer activation system, Took part in store marketing activities, Managed inventory associated with the sales process, Ensured – more... that every customer has a positive experience. – less
Click
Cashier, Apparel Expert (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 20, 2013
Management is childish if you want to work in a highschool environment this is your place! Gossip is all around, including management. Not a great place for professional people, great for a first or college job.
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunches
Cons: short breaks
worked in the juniors department
being in a fast pace postion is always good and I learned to enjoy it
management was great everyone was friendly
co workers where very nice
being at a place where you felt like it was professional
supervisor of general athletics
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: advacement
Cons: slow work enviroment
adhere to sop and sales goals I learned how to managed others and working in a retail setting the hardest part of the job was lack of hours the thing i most enjoyed was the rewards for hard work
Productive and fun sporting good store
Bicycle Repair Assistant/Retail Restocking (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: good break time, fun work place, mechanical work, healthcare
Typically worked independently to upgrade, service or repair bicycles that were purchased or brought in by customers.

I learned how to use the tools available to perform the services required for each bicycle. Also, enjoyed restocking items for display including bikes, gear and equipment.

Management were pleasant to be around and very acceptable to – more... work under.

Co-workers are nice to have to talk with during downtime, all were pleasant individuals with good demeanor and personality.

The hardest part of the job was the practical jokes sometimes played by other employees that seemed to take up valuable time, I enjoy a good joke, but there is a time and a place and work takes priority for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiling faces and knowing that a bike that I worked on was going to be rode on and enjoyed. I also enjoyed displaying the bikes to show off the technology and design. – less
i wish i can do this job again
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: everything
this job was the best job i help so many people with fishing camping hiking and rockclimbing questions it made me feel good
Enjoyed talking and meeting new people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZNovember 8, 2012
Put away go backs, fold clothes, cleaned, did projects, put up 4 ways, customer service, answered phone calls.
All the co-workers got along, we worked as a team, we communicated.
The hardest part of the job was the projects, but in the end I made sure everything was done.
I enjoyed being always productive, talking to people, meeting new people, making – more... sure that person got help and find what they where looking for. – less
Fun atmosphere
Department Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 21, 2012
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: compensation
That's all I can really say about this company, it was a fun place to work. Management and compensation were poor.
Fun place that teaches you responsibility and multitasking at the same time.
In-Store Cashier (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAJune 26, 2012
Department expert
I inquired a lot of information on various brands of sunglasses and was able to sale the appropriate types to different customers.
Management was pretty good and sometimes flexible.
Co-workers were great team workers
The hardest part of the job was being able to help others in different departments.
The most enjoyable part was being – more... able to assist and learn other parts of the stores merchandise. – less
It's retail
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2012
It's a typical retail environment. With one twist. People who shop there generally want to be in the store. If you are an outdoor enthusiast it's a good place to get reduced prices for outdoor gear. A pay freeze is in effect so don't expect to ever make more than minimum wage.
Introduction to the real world
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 17, 2012
Working with Sports Chalet was a program associated with ROP that I worked with during high school. Having this job helped me understand how to prioritize and handle school and work at the same time. Management knew how to guide me and help mold me into a great customer service representative. The hardest part about this job was leaving! I enjoyed working – more... in the down to earth environment that sports chalet offered. This was a great (and smooth) transition into the real working world. – less
good first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 7, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: customers
great summer job especially for students in high school. learned great service skills also. the customers at times would and could be very impatient but it taught me tolerance.
worry more about pitching visa cards to customers rather than sell product to the consumer "sporting goods is they go in for in the first place!
Shoe sales, Customer Service & Cash Register (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAMarch 12, 2012
Pros: customers are nice
Cons: managmements main focus is not in the right mind, treating all employees equally
I don't like how the management runs the store if you don't get visas or other things you don't get hours. what about, trying , effort its not fair.

April 20, 2013

I agree, selling the and helping the customers is more important than visa sales but managers tend to focus on certain areas and not the big picture.

New adventure everyday for someone who loves sports and people
Department Head - Scuba (Former Employee), Riverside CaliforniaNovember 30, 2011
Pros: fast passed, friendly work environment
Cons: low pay, no raises ever, schedule, 80's computer technology
If you love people this is the place for you. Working with the needs of customers and providing SCUBA services to students is fun and rewarding. However, working for retail means you are owned by the company and unable to plan anything in your life since your schedule always changes and you only get your future schedule one week in advance.