Sports Chalet Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2016
I learned how to work as a cashier, gained experience and improved on my skills. I met great people had a great experience, mostly for my first job. I really enjoyed working there.
Sport Chalet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 9, 2016
Offer friendly services to customers by responding to their needs and questions.
Create weekly work schedules for all associates in department.
Assist with the daily operational functions of the department.
Good work experience
Expert (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2016
Management was professional and got along well with employees. I enjoyed the products that we sold and employees worked hard to provide great customer service. Employees were encouraged to advance, however the store ended up going out of business.
Pros
Good hours, lots of opportunities, free rentals
Cons
Short Breaks
Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2016
Make customers happy every single day. form the moment I would step in through those sliding doors I knew what had to be done and I did it no questions asked.
Fun place to work with people that enjoyed fishing, scuba, running, skiing and camping.
Department Manager/PADI Instructor (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 8, 2016
Great Place to meet people that have a passion about being outside and challenging themselves to exploring activities outside. A typical work day was getting scuba equipment ready for sale and teaching people how to use the equipment while helping them make good decisions on purchasing the right gear for themselves.
Pros
Working with people that enjoy outdoor activities and meeting a variety of people.
Cons
Pay wasn't so great and neither were the retail hours.
Friendly Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 25, 2016
Coworkers are amazing
I learned how to spool a reel
I leanred rentals
Management was very easy to work with
Worked well with my school schedule
Very considerate of personal issues and emergencies
Pros
free classes
Fun Working place
Scuba Department Head (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2016
Worked here for almost seven years but now they are closing down so I got to move on. It was fun while it lasted. It was a fun company to work for. The managers were always fair and helpful. I am going to miss it
Productive but very boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 26, 2016
The overall work day at Sport Chalet was typically boring, I worked in the seasonal section of the store, so not very many people came in on my side, bu it was very boring not much to do, I was always ready to help when needed, but I wasn't need all the time.
Pros
20% store discount
Cons
boring, short breaks
Great Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 2, 2016
My co-workers are absolutely amazing, managers included. The job is really fun and active. The only down side is many people don't get a lot of hours.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hours
Good company to work for, room for growth, fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 29, 2016
It was a very laid back environment, I learned a lot about customer service, making goals and learned most of my merchandising skills from there. Very awesome people were hired. Management could have used some work both times I worked there.
Pros
Chill environment, fun co-workers, fun products to sell
Good work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHFebruary 10, 2016
The provide a calm work flow with flexibility. They are cool people in an upscale market. I would work there again. Only con is wages are low.
Sport Chalet is a great place to work.
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 9, 2015
Sport Chalet is a great place to work with wonderful people who have taught me about great customer service. I've learned so much about fishing, snowboarding, shoes and assembling bikes, it was truly an education just working there.
Great working environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 18, 2015
Management is great, overall a good place to obtain experience although for advancement not the ideal place to work. Work environment is safe and clean.
world of sports and fitness
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 29, 2015
no matter who came through our doors we knew what their needs where by just asking simple questions. having had been an athlete as a youngster i already had prior knowledge of what thee needs were for some of our customers. from shoes for running/walking to battle gear for football/soccer/lacrosse/baseball ect.
Pros
the look on customers faces when they left with what they wanted
Cons
for effort we put in the job we did not get paid fro all the extra effort we put in the job
A laid back environment with a great group of co-workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  las vegas, nvAugust 9, 2015
People are usually always friendly, i deal with all types of people even from all around the world. I have great managers, but honestly i am unsatisfied with the hours. The shifts are mainly 4 1/2- 5 hours long which is not ideal.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Shirt breaks, short shifts
Fun working atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 9, 2015
Providing excellent customer service. Had numerous growth opportunities, learning new products on Bloom Fire Videos. Fair but firm managment. Challenging short notice department moves for Corporate visits. Loved working and meeting new customers.
Was very interested in getting job.
Sales Associate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2015
As a sports' player and athlete it seemed right for me to work at a Sport Chalet. I was able to work in the back of the footwear department getting shoes out for customers and had some incentives to sell other products.
The coworkers and management there were good but main issue was security of job was not the best as there was a lot of turnaround of people working at the store.
It was not my best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZApril 23, 2015
I did not enjoy the workplace like i do my current job. There was way to much workplace drama for my liking that i was constantly being pulled into and the managers did not give me nearly enough hours. I had 4 hours for the entire week at one point.
Sports Chalet
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 8, 2015
Working for the Sport Chalet was a good experience for those who want to pursuit a career in sports retail or management. They offer a lot of out door experiences to learn to be a part of and to better assist customers.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2015
People are very nice and it is fun working there, and you really learn what products they offer and very good customer service training.
Pros
Organized and friendly
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.