Sports Endeavors Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
its an okay place to work
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Its a job not a fun place to work. Its a lot of standing. The plus side it you can listen to music. you got three breaks. I learned how to do DTG. the company is ok
Not the company it once was
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCAugust 21, 2017
If you're looking for a part time job it's probably fine but I would stay away if you are looking for a career. Lots of recent layoffs amongst the full-time marketing staff and others. The products the company offer were once available only there but now they are everywhere. So it's not so unique and struggling to remain relevant.
Awesome place to work.
Administrative Assistant in team sales (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCAugust 2, 2017
I learned a lot about the soccer world while working for this company. The company is very family oriented and they cater lunch and dinner once a month.
Pros
Flexibility
It was an okay place to go and make a bit of money.
Heat Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 4, 2017
The work is easy and not really that stressful. However the new systems keep crashing along with a bit of miss communication. If you know what you are doing you get by well.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks, Pay over $8.00
Cons
30 minute lunch with only a few microwaves to heat up lunch.
Welcome to the End of Your Social Life
Heat Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJune 29, 2017
I worked peak season's graveyard shift and had never been less enthused to wake up. The pay was fine at $10.75 though we were told it would drop about three weeks into the job. The turnover rate was so high groups just naturally formed between the people who were still surviving and the people who were barely hanging on. There is no such thing as a social life working 12am-8 or 10 am. That said, the entirety of the job is spent standing on hard floors bent over a hot machine that releases glue-based steam into your face. Even when I could work up the energy to do anything but work I stayed home because of the resulting migraines and pain.

Management on my shift was quite nice. Not terribly involved but that was expected considering how many people there were, even when most of peak season's turnout quit. The point system is liable to ruin your life since the hours are not flexible and you get a point for nearly anything. 8 points and you no longer have a job (unless you're working peak. They'll keep you on until things calm down and then let you go. You can't return to the job after the 8 point mark either.)

Coworkers are hit and miss depending on who you already know and the group you're trained with. Your cell group (avoiding calling them cellmates because as much as we joked about it, its still a bit on the nose) will most likely start with 6-9 people who you (hopefully) can get along with. If you can be friends, you're likely to get some help when you struggle everynow and then. If not, no worries, by the end of peak season, provided you're still there, only 1 or 2
  more... people from your group will still be around anyway.

This job is good shortterm and good if you have the time to have no other time to do anything. All that said, this is just what I experienced working through the busiest time for them when they both hire and layoff the most people. At the end of peak season was much, much more bearable. Almost boring with how little there was to do.
Pros
Extra money during peak season
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, migraine-inducing
Bilingual Call specialist
Bilingual Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCMay 22, 2017
The enviorment is fun. The pay is not what I expected for being bilingual. If you love soccer cool people this is the place to be. Also they do give commision for selling speacials.
Pros
Free Tickets to sport events
Summer Job
Online stocker (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCApril 24, 2017
Sports Endeavors was a great part time summer job. They were flexible to my summer vacation needs in 2016. I learned that you really need a college education.
Good
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCApril 13, 2017
Great company, great culture, great employees.

My time as an intern at soccer.com was one of my best experiences. I will always recommend sports endeavors to friends and family.
working at Sports Endeavors
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCApril 11, 2017
Working at Sports Endeavors was awesome. Everything was organized easy to start with the trainers help a lot and teach a lot. everything we needed to learn was in a hand book made it really easy. i learn how to locate a customers order if it was lost, place orders over the phone, email invoice of there orders and much more. management was very helpful and well organized. The hardest part of working there i'd say is know exactly how to design the customers orders some customers wanted one thing then called back yo change there minds. i enjoyed the little snack area the had in he lunch room and how easy everything was and how fast the learning process is.
Pros
set shift and time, they give bonus and rewares
Cons
pay is low for the company
Started to go downhill...
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCMarch 8, 2017
I held 4 different positions within the company. The opportunity for advancement is there if you start in the call center. They implemented a new system in September that has caused severe problems in the company. The new system is simply causing everybody to be stressed out and act irrationally. This is coincidentally relaying to the employees as well. I personally don't know that the company is going to come back after spending the amount of money on the new system, but time will tell. The benefits are great. They offer basketball on Mondays (the gym is rented out), bodyworks classes twice a week (beginner and expert class), yoga and indoor soccer.
Pros
Lunch Provided Sometimes, Great Benefits, Wellness Classes Provided
Cons
Several System Issues, Customer Service Declining, No Voice
Horrible experience
Call center rep (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCFebruary 25, 2017
All of management are very rude and unorganized. Trainers that they hired would sometimes try to teach the class while they were under the influence. They work you like dogs for 8.00hr and sometimes I would come in look at my schedule and would have 16hrs for the week. The most they ever gave me was a peice of paper that said i had a good productivityrate. Oh yeah and dont even think about a raise! I would never return to this place!
Horrible
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 24, 2017
Worked here for years and wrongfully terminated, Mangament sucks, the people there is a joke and stay in others businesses. The policy that they provide when first hired is not very descriptive.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees which takes years to get
Cons
Hours for busy season, people attitudes, environment was uptight and managers peeking around corners to try to catch you doing something, and not on busy season less than 40hrs a week, invest too much time into company and they dont appreciate you, layoff season, drama
Very nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Sports Endeavors is a great place to work. Management is very nice and supportive and work is independent. I reccommend
Easy Laid back Job
Machine Operator Tech (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCJanuary 20, 2017
mostly for college students. The busy season stars in April all the way to October. But they will greatly reward hard long hour workers with gift cards and free lunches weekly.
Pros
nice paycheck during the summer
Cons
slow season really really sucks
Sports endeavors
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 31, 2016
This job was great. I loved the enviorment. I liked my job because i was able to train and do other stuff. And move around. But they had a point system. My point wasnt showing up in the system but when they did i was pointed out and they terminated me.
Fast paced
Heat Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCNovember 22, 2016
A typical day consists of using a heat press to attach numbers and logos onto apparel. Very fast paced and productive place to work.
Good summer job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCNovember 3, 2016
A good place for your first job but i wouldn't make a career out of it. The pay and the incentive was good. The lunch time was not long enough
Pros
Good pay
Hostile environment, management hard to communicate with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCOctober 22, 2016
The constant changing of the schedule was a bit too much, the hours were impossible to make ends meet. The scheduler would not compromise with the employees about the schedule.
Pros
Sitting was not assigned
Cons
Healthcare
This is a growing company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCOctober 3, 2016
Sports Endeavors is a growing company that is a good place for some one directly out of high school or college. There is a lot of room for growth. A person must have sales background in soccer, lacrosse and rugby.
Productive and casual environment
Imaging Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCSeptember 30, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time there. The company continues to grow and it was challenging to keep up with the pace but everybody rose to the challenge.

The owners are very friendly and that helped to create an enjoyable work environment. There was a small company feel even though they are the largest soccer equipment company in the US.

The hardest part was keeping up with the increased demands and creating workflows to ensure images met various deadlines. Whether it was photoshoots, mannequin shots or vendor images, there was never a shortage of images that had to get processed.

The most enjoyable part was watching the big games like the World Cup with coworkers in the breakroom.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
no advancement opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Endeavors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8