Sports and Arts in Schools Foundation

Sports and Arts in Schools Foundation Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 21, 2014
my typical work day at SASF was an enjoyable experience. the staff was welcoming and very knowledgeable in field. the management had great control over the entire camp. relayed information in a timely matter. the job was very flexible with school and other appointments. working alongside the activity specialist was and enjoyable experience, working with children was very rewarding.
Great Environment
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx,NYDecember 1, 2014
Everyone was loving including staff and parent to the children that attended our program
Good Organization
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Kew Gardens, NYSeptember 22, 2014
A great non-profit. Nice people. Provides after school programs for NYC Dept of Education schools across the five boroughs.
This company provides room for advancement. My position is rewarding and fulfilling in that I feel I have a positive impact on the young people.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), MS175 - Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: it is sports related
Cons: my position is part time
I work with wonderful enthusiastic people. We are all interested in the welfare and well being of the young people in our program. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my students feel proud of themselves.
Temporay Work
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodside, NYAugust 28, 2013
This company was the very good work place I have ever worked for Date Entry. The management team was very good.
Good environment, and a great place to learn
Sr. Budget and Payroll Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Woodside, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexible, good place to learn especially if new, lax work environment
Cons: can get very challenging at times requiring very long hours, lots of ad hoc reporting
The best thing about this place is the flexible environment. I work in the finance dept. and both of my supervisors currently are wonderful and are willing to teach...albeit also expect you to catch on quickly.
Great working environment, super boss
Site Manager for Supplemental Educational Services (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and involved school officials
Cons: temp position
working with the New York School administrators to provide Supplemental Educational Services to Public School students ages 7 to 17. I learned alternate ways to manage a staff.
Challenging and a fun workplace
Counselor/Activity Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: working with kids
Cons: part time, only 15 hours a week, payed every 15th and last of the month
A typical day working with Sports and Arts in Schools Foundation (SASF) was always filled with surprises. We would dismiss students from day classes and give them snacks. As the after school program progressed we would aid them with their homework then have them participate in activities. Working with children was very challenging, each day was a different experience with my students. Interacting with them taught me to be very patient and understanding. It also taught me how to better understand and discipline children. This job was never too hard thanks to the wonderful team I worked with. We always supported each other, which was a plus. The hardest part of my job was always saying bye to my kids at the end of the school day; I dreaded 6:00 pm. The thank yous, smiles, and hugs from my team and most importantly my students were the most enjoyable parts of working with SASF. It was a very refreshing experience.
Fun place to work
Activity Specialist/Tutor (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
Help children in daily activities while instilling good values in them. Relaxed work experience.