SportsSignup (www.SportsSignup.com), based in upstate New York, is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that helps run the operations of sports organizations large and small. We are searching an energetic, motivated, self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to help us take our business to new levels. The Technical Support Representative/Customer Support Representative has been added to our expanding team to help ensure our customers are receiving the attention, information, and support they need to be successful. The Technical Support Representative will interface will all other groups in the company (sales, engineering, and operations) in order to solve customer issues.
As a Technical Support Representative you will provide first-level inbound telephone/e-mail support for customers by troubleshooting, investigating and resolving customers' questions and challenges with SportsSignup’s products and services with an objective of resolving each issue on the first request. You will be expected to provide empathetic, courteous, quality customer service in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with SportsSignup’s support processes as well as maintaining a positive, problem-solving approach in the spirit of cooperation in the team environment. Clear communication via e-mail, telephone, and web-based meetings to proactively resolve customer issues is imperative. The representative will be responsible for interviewing the customers to collect relevant information and leading the customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of the issues and problems, escalating more complex problems to other support areas as appropriate.
Applicants with prior experience in customer service/support for internet service businesses or ASP’s would be well suited for success in this position. Any experience with youth sports administration, even as a volunteer, is a bonus.
Minimal travel is required in this position.
- Provide first-level inbound telephone/e-mail support for customers.
- Ensure that all customers receive an adequate level of service or help with their questions and concerns.
- Use automated information systems to analyze the customers situation.
- Utilize and contribute to expanding Knowledge Base and help documentation in order to provide customers with solutions to FAQ’s, accurately and efficiently.
- Provide internal help and support to Sales and Reseller Partners as needed as well as effectively communicate between all departments.
- Understand and become proficient in the SportsSignup application and other supporting Help desk and CRM applications.
- Test, evaluate, and effectively communicate feedback on the SportsSignup software applications both through verbal and written requests.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree; College level courses in computers, English, or business are helpful.
- Education or 1-3 years experience in customer service, computer technology, or other customer-facing experience.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge software and internet browsing.
- Experience with youth sports administration, even as a volunteer, is a plus.
Experience and Business Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Day-to-day customer care experience.
- The ability to explain technical topics to non-technical people
- Work accurately and with eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills are a must
- Effectively manage customer & staff relationships, promptly respond to inquiries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated.
- Excellent verbal/ written communication skills.