Sportservice Employee Reviews

it was a okay job
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2017
customers yelling and fighting .
cashiers refused to serve on and out of controlled customers.
cashiers drawers were always short .
security was on point .
Great venue, but lacking support
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2017
Working in the food and beverage industry at Target Field in Minneapolis is great, but it also has its difficulties. Hourly management is not compensated on a fair level to industry standard. Communication is lacking between the executive management team and the management support staff below them. Human resource practices and procedures need some serious adjustments for the structure and implantation in the setting. On a positive note, it is fairly easy to plan your life and schedule with good flexibility. Benefits are nice and company as a whole is very good. Just local unit in Minneapolis has its shortfalls.
Pros
Free lunches, great venue, flexible schedule
Cons
Communication, Human Resources, Salary
great place
Vendor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2017
I learned a working here when it comes to fine dining and napkin folding. I learned a lot of new techniques and inspirations to keep me the business. I'm happy to have worked here
Fun and exciting workplace
Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2015
Love working with my employees and the customer are so great and my boss just love her kindness.This is a great seasonal job if you enjoy fun and exciting events.
SportService Corp
Club Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2015
Trained instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees and patrons.
Planned, developed, and provided training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Maintained a workforce of bartenders and cocktail servers needed for upscale atmosphere in a large venue.
Micromanaged to a fault
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale StadiumMarch 9, 2015
Management needs to be reviewed for performance on-site by corporate officers
most of the decisions needed to be made by the people actually doing the work, but criticism awaits anyone who takes initiative
long hours on game days
LOTS of HEAVY lifting
lots of dirt and grease
there is decent camaraderie, and party atmosphere, but it is undermined by meddling managers from other facilities who don't contribute anything beyond their scope of 'expertise'
Pros
Free meals, you get to meet a lot of people
Cons
Point-and-bark managers, negotiating heavy loads through crowds of drunks and unattended children
Being in charge
Payroll Manager & Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 25, 2014
Completed Payroll up to 225 employeesManaged inventory, tracked usage and re-order suppliesHandle daily cash receipts Cost Acounting Inventory Control Like oerdering supplies.
Pros
people
Cons
stress
Productive and fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2014
You will walk in and every greet you and it feels like you have open arms around. What I have learned is be fun and alert with your surroundings. The management is fair. I would said my co-workers hard working. The hardest part is keep track what have you done. The enjoyable part of the job is learn what a Chef is going to do next.
Pros
Lunches and breaks
benefits
I like working for Sportservice and I have learned a lot in my years.
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Working for SportService is fun and exciting a great experience, you learn a lot of different jobs and learn how to give great customer service, be respectful to your coworkers, and espect yourself.
Pros
Love the fast pace and the excitement of the job.
Cons
Some of the need to know things only certain peoples get told.
First Job
Porter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The company was good. I've met alot of people who showed me how to a man at the job. I've never had a problem at the job.
Productive enviroment to work in and must always put safety and responsibility first.
Food & Beverage Vendor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriDecember 28, 2013
This position is great through Busch Stadium. It gives the employee to interact with people of all ages including fans. It lets you be mobile and determine how much you want to bring in at the end of the night by how hard you work for it. Being a vendor is very rewarding because vendors are the only people in the ballpark who are not payed hourly and can make as much as they want. A typical day at work is fun and full of smiles on people faces.
Productive workplace
Vendor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
Overall a great place to work a very comfortable atomishpere. Learned how to handle large amounts of money at a fast pace and interact with the public at the same time
Working
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2013
I learned how to shock stands and it was good team work in good communication with each other
Good job for someone who knows their way around a concession stand and cash register.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
You start preparing the concession stand. You go out on your cash register and wait upon the customers that come. Managers help you whenever it is needed. The co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is when you run out of something that all of the customers want. We were able to accept tips.
Working at the Ballpark is loads of fun!!
Texas Rangers Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2013
• Be at the Ballpark 5hrs before game time, prep retail locations, sale as much product as possible
• I learned that I am able to supervise and take charge of multiple locations and employees
• Management is a little unorganized, at times, things were constantly changing
• Co-workers are always wanting to have fun and make sure all customers are happy
• The hardest part of the job is being out in the hot summer heat for 10 hours each day
• The most enjoyable part of the job is always being at the game and getting to watch all the excitement live!
We work baseball games,
Concession Stand Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2013
I go to the green room and get my folder with the concession stand sheet and other paper work and then i go to my stand. I start doing the inventory before the other workers come up. I start setting the stand up after inventory. When the other workers come up they start making nachos or start cooking pretzels, and other duties. I assign registers and the day begin. After the game I inventory and balance the books and makes sure the workers have cleaned the concession stand properly and then dismiss them.
Pros
can see the game in between the rush.
Cons
no health care
productive work place fun for interacting with guest
inseat runner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2013
sportservice was a great workplace and i really enjoyed meeting new people.ive learned new things while working there,also i have had nice and respectful co-workers who also enjoyed work.i do not think there was any parts of the job that was hard.i really enjoyed working and serving guest.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
15min breaks
These other reviews are liars
Stand Attendant Busch Stadium (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MoApril 28, 2013
I worked for Sport service Busch Stadium. It was very unorganized. Some of these reviews say you get a break and free lunch. Not true. A break means I can step away from working for a few minutes to atleast smoke a cigarette. The stand attendants are not allowed but the managers and supervisors are. We are not allowed to even look like we want to eat anything besides an old hot dog, dry pretzel( we can't even get cheese) or brat worst. Every time I ate either I got sick. The rules change constantly like everyday. Cardinals fans are the absolute rude and cruel people I have ever met. Even the Cubs fans were much better than ours. Now I can say that some if the others that work there are nice tho.
Pros
you get a check i guess
Cons
everything
Okay Job
In-Seat Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2013
A typical day at work consists of serving guests in a fast paced sports environment. There is much walking up and down flights of stairs while carrying anything from nachos to beverages. Management is very hands on and very thorough with their training. My co-workers are very friendly, which is the part of my job I enjoy the most.
Pros
doesn't begin until late afternoon. not far traveling
Cons
no breaks. no sitting.
Productive, and fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2012
This was just a fun job with Baseball fans and meeting exciting new people. Management and co-workers were fun and we all did our job. Nothing hard about the job, just love the people.
Pros
seeing the president obama, and meeting a lot of new people