Sportservice

Sportservice Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Cook (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: lunches and breaks
Cons: benefits
You will walk in and every greet you and it feels like you have open arms around. What I have learned is be fun and alert with your surroundings. The management is fair. I would said my co-workers hard working. The hardest part is keep track what have you done. The enjoyable part of the job is learn what a Chef is going to do next.
I like working for Sportservice and I have learned a lot in my years.
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: love the fast pace and the excitement of the job.
Cons: some of the need to know things only certain peoples get told.
Working for SportService is fun and exciting a great experience, you learn a lot of different jobs and learn how to give great customer service, be respectful to your coworkers, and espect yourself.
First Job
Porter (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The company was good. I've met alot of people who showed me how to a man at the job. I've never had a problem at the job.
Productive enviroment to work in and must always put safety and responsibility first.
Food & Beverage Vendor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriDecember 28, 2013
This position is great through Busch Stadium. It gives the employee to interact with people of all ages including fans. It lets you be mobile and determine how much you want to bring in at the end of the night by how hard you work for it. Being a vendor is very rewarding because vendors are the only people in the ballpark who are not payed hourly and – more... can make as much as they want. A typical day at work is fun and full of smiles on people faces. – less
Productive workplace
Vendor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
Overall a great place to work a very comfortable atomishpere. Learned how to handle large amounts of money at a fast pace and interact with the public at the same time
Working
Day Porter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2013
I learned how to shock stands and it was good team work in good communication with each other
Good job for someone who knows their way around a concession stand and cash register.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
You start preparing the concession stand. You go out on your cash register and wait upon the customers that come. Managers help you whenever it is needed. The co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is when you run out of something that all of the customers want. We were able to accept tips.
Working at the Ballpark is loads of fun!!
Texas Rangers Retail Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2013
• Be at the Ballpark 5hrs before game time, prep retail locations, sale as much product as possible
• I learned that I am able to supervise and take charge of multiple locations and employees
• Management is a little unorganized, at times, things were constantly changing
• Co-workers are always wanting to have fun and make sure all customers are happy
 – more... The hardest part of the job is being out in the hot summer heat for 10 hours each day
• The most enjoyable part of the job is always being at the game and getting to watch all the excitement live! – less
We work baseball games,
Concession Stand Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2013
Pros: can see the game in between the rush.
Cons: no health care
I go to the green room and get my folder with the concession stand sheet and other paper work and then i go to my stand. I start doing the inventory before the other workers come up. I start setting the stand up after inventory. When the other workers come up they start making nachos or start cooking pretzels, and other duties. I assign registers and – more... the day begin. After the game I inventory and balance the books and makes sure the workers have cleaned the concession stand properly and then dismiss them. – less
productive work place fun for interacting with guest
inseat runner (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: 15min breaks
sportservice was a great workplace and i really enjoyed meeting new people.ive learned new things while working there,also i have had nice and respectful co-workers who also enjoyed work.i do not think there was any parts of the job that was hard.i really enjoyed working and serving guest.
These other reviews are liars
Stand Attendant Busch Stadium (Former Employee), St. Louis MoApril 28, 2013
Pros: you get a check i guess
Cons: everything
I worked for Sport service Busch Stadium. It was very unorganized. Some of these reviews say you get a break and free lunch. Not true. A break means I can step away from working for a few minutes to atleast smoke a cigarette. The stand attendants are not allowed but the managers and supervisors are. We are not allowed to even look like we want to eat – more... anything besides an old hot dog, dry pretzel( we can't even get cheese) or brat worst. Every time I ate either I got sick. The rules change constantly like everyday. Cardinals fans are the absolute rude and cruel people I have ever met. Even the Cubs fans were much better than ours. Now I can say that some if the others that work there are nice tho. – less
Okay Job
In-Seat Food Runner (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: doesn't begin until late afternoon. not far traveling
Cons: no breaks. no sitting.
A typical day at work consists of serving guests in a fast paced sports environment. There is much walking up and down flights of stairs while carrying anything from nachos to beverages. Management is very hands on and very thorough with their training. My co-workers are very friendly, which is the part of my job I enjoy the most.
Productive, and fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2012
Pros: seeing the president obama, and meeting a lot of new people
Cons: long hours
This was just a fun job with Baseball fans and meeting exciting new people. Management and co-workers were fun and we all did our job. Nothing hard about the job, just love the people.
good company,
Prep Cook/concessions (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
good days and not so good long hours but rewarding once you get use to it all in all good company for the right person.
working the baseball games
Stand Attendant/ Cash Handler (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2012
Pros: you get to meet different people
Cons: this job is seasonal
I Usually hand out cash to a stand of about 10-12 people. in the middle of he game i do a pick up to collect the large bills. at the end of the night i count down all of the money an turn it back in.
Stimulating Work Environment
Retail Clerk and Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MaFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: watch events for free, eat left over food for free, laugh while you're making money
Cons: the pay wasn't that good.
I loved working at the old "Boston Garden" (Fleetcenter). I was a vendor for any and all events that came through to include: Sports (Celtics & Bruins), Concerts, Wrestling events etc. All events were managed very well and ran smoothly. My direct supervisor was a lot of fun to work with. We had a good time making money together. The only reason I left – more... was to pursue education. – less
Productive, fast pace, fun enviroment and diversity
Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It is a high volume and very fast pace environment that great customer service has to be provided at all times. It takes alot of team work and motivation to get through a day of work. It also requires us to work with thousands of employees as well as customers.

About Sportservice

This company makes few concessions when it comes to selling hot dogs and sodas at the ball game. Delaware North is a leading provider – Read more