Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace with great coworkers and customers
Hunting Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2017
If you like the outdoors Sportsman's Warehouse is a great pace to work, and offers a fun and productive workplace where you can show off what you know, and continually learn. The people are great as we all have a similar mindset and set of interests so it makes for a very hostility free workplace.
Pros
Great perks and discounts, fun coworkers, adequate management
Cons
Short Breaks, lack of advancement opportunity
Fun and Conducive work environment
Project Manager/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Although this was a temporary position, I enjoyed the upbeat and fulfilling atmosphere I had the pleasure of coming to work in every day. I enjoyed the comradery I shared with colleagues.

This allowed for higher creativity and productivity. It was success in my opinion to have added such a positive experience to my resume.
Pros
Open minded/ creative work environment
Cons
no full time positions available
I loved this job!
Gift Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMarch 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. My coworkers were really helpful and nice when I started. I caught on to the job very quickly with their help. The management was okay, but not the best. It was nice to work somewhere that was relaxing. The holidays were the only hectic time when I worked there. But I loved it!
Pros
Great coworkers, great job, great customers
Cons
Iffy management, not a lot of room to move up in the company
Good work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 20, 2017
I didn't particularly enjoy this job because there was not a lot to do. Once you came in to work, you just stood and waited for a customer, and even if it was busy you still had to stand in a little area the whole shift and I really like moving around. The management was very good, they were always very helpful and easy to talk to. I loved the people there but I just had a hard time staying in the same place all day.
Pros
consistent hourly wage, nice people, helpful managers
Cons
not much to do, very slow job
Very enjoyable
Shell Removal Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORDecember 30, 2016
I loved working here for the duration of my job. I learned tons about guns, customer service, how to manage a department and so much more. management started to go downhill my last few months when they fired old managers and brought in people with 0 experience. A lot of long time employees left because of poor management.
Pros
Big discounts on Outdoors equipment. Sometimes even free .
Cons
lunches were cut short. no breaks on long shifts. no prior notice to working a double shift.
hardworking and very approachable staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 24, 2017
i enjoyed most days of work, so much about the outdoors hunting or otherwise was learned while working there. hardest part of working there is shifts following the more seasoned staff and keeping up with the performance.
Pros
discounts on much of the merchandise
Cons
limited advancement for careers
Pay is competitive, work environment is ever changing.
Loss Prevention Agent/Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 9, 2017
The best thing about this job was the pay and benefits. PTO, 401K, insurance, it was all there. downside is they want you to do the job of 3 people by yourself. Would not recommend unless you want to just be a sales person or cashier. Stay away from Managment
Great place to work if you love the outdoors
Sales Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WADecember 18, 2016
If you have an affinity to the outdoors; hunting, fishing, camping, shoes and clothing, then this place is right for you. I liked working here because this company works hard to provide its customers with all the information and gear to get them out and active in the outdoors
glorified gun store
Hunting Sales (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2016
I generally like my job. I merchandise new product or sell guns behind the gun counter. I like most of our customers and have great interactions whether on a gun transaction or on the salesfloor showing accessories. The management is absolutely horrible. Communication in all departments is virtually nonexistent.
Pros
Amazing products, generous discount
Cons
poorly managed from the very top and trickling downward
Fun environment to work in
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 17, 2016
Every day was the same routine. It consisted of stocking the front end, making sure all registers were clean, and helping customers with any questions they had. Management was very fun and flexible. They made sure that your day was fun and enjoyable, but they also put their foot down when it was needed.
cashier experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 25, 2017
Sportsmans Warehouse is one of Idahos biggest outdoor sports dealers. They are known for providing excellent customer service to their customers & that also translates over to their employees. always treated extremely well there and enjoyed my work shifts
Fun, accepting workplace with understanding supervisors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 13, 2016
My direct supervisor was a good man who knew when to push and when to let me do what I knew needed done. Co-workers were very friendly and understanding of life's stresses and being the only woman in the department. I learned a lot of skills with retail and with customer service. Hardest part of the job was not critiquing the custodian. Most enjoyable part of the job was redoing aisles and end-caps.
Small town feel
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 5, 2017
Working at Sportsmans Warehouse always made me feel like I was a part of a small town. Everyone was nice to everyone, and we were like a family. The management was great, allowing your schedule to be as flexible as they could.
good place to work
Fishing sales associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 8, 2017
only worked there for a few months but nice people there.
everyone there helpful and nice to work with. easy to stand out if you just like to work or you are passionate about your department
Pros
easy
Cons
minimum wage
Great place to work for part time.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 20, 2017
This is a great place to work for. They work with your schedule really well. Everybody is super nice and helpfully. I couldn't have asked for a better place to work that's part time.
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 14, 2017
Cashier
Customer service
Stocking
Loved customer service
Great management
Loved everything about this job
Hunting camping sports equipment knowledge .
Fun place to work
Loss Prevention/Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 27, 2016
This company is a great place to work and the discount is outstanding. The typical pay for my job type is low in comparison with other retailers. Most employees are knowledgeable in the departments they work in providing an excellent customer experience.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
wages
Up Beat and challenging work environment
Softgoods Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work was hectic, but full of learning experiences. I was apart of management and management was team oriented. Co-workers all and all were awesome people, willing to work as a team. Hardest part of my job was the amount of multi-tasking that was asked of me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing learning experience it was for me.
Management needs to get it together.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 10, 2016
Managers are in and out of this place, the ones who stay, shouldn't. Would hire anyone. Sucking up to managers is the only way to get ahead. Customers were pretty great. Company BBQ is good. Tons of ways to learn more about product. Need more product shipments. Sales aren't always sales. Co-workers were great. Same station plays 24/7.
Pros
Discount, Company BBQ, Co-workers
Cons
Management, Hire anyone, Lack of accountability
Work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 29, 2017
Sportsmans is a fun place to get job experience, but the management at the time was not suitable.

Doing all the work and not getting noticed for it was a downside to being a sales associate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sportsman's Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.