Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews

So much fun!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 2, 2016
I loved having the opportunity to work around what I love. My husband and I (and our 2 GSP's) love to hunt and fish. I had a blast talking to people to share the same hobby as I do. The staff and management were very laid back and friendly.
Great job
Hunting Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 29, 2015
Great Job, Great place to work for. a person can really feel like part of a family working for this company. i would recommend applying for a position with us
Pretty decent place to work for if you don't mind hard work and low pay.
Loader/shipping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2015
This company relies solely on the competence of it's employees leaving very little responsibilities for the team leads and management.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Lousy benefits and policies.
sales
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 17, 2015
I really liked all the people I worked with in the store however it was at times difficult to deal with upper management. The staff was mostly college students and that made for a fun work environment.
Nice for the short time I worked here
Clothing manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTNovember 15, 2015
I did not work for Dillards very long. I do not feel I can give them an fair review. It was fun working there the time that I did. The supervisors I had were nice.
basic retail job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKOctober 26, 2015
doing a lot of things. cashier and anything in the department. freight and stocking and anything else that needed to be done
Positive and fun enviorment
Customer Service/Clothing, Footwear (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 19, 2015
Great place for learning and understanding the importance of customer service
Management is more than awesome
While sales are important, main concern is for the whole store to work as a team for the satisfaction of the customer
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate for Camping/Gift Bar Department (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 5, 2015
Sales, Stocking, Remerchandising
How to be confident and open with people.
Great management.
Co-workers are fun and trying to make a living.
Selling product that I know is not good.
Selling the right product to fit a persons needs.
Pros
Free products from vendors who recognize our worth.
Cons
Pay
❸ Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IdSeptember 20, 2015
Productive place to work however management and supervisors are very cold to employees. If you don't fit into their clique you are beneath them. I hope it has changed since I worked there.
excellent pay and benefits
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 16, 2015
I sold shoes, boots, waders. for the shoe department .
I was at the Gift bar I sold binoculars and hunting gifts.
I worked in the clothing department and sold hunting clothes
Pros
My bosses were easy to work for
Great workplace.
Sportsmans Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2015
Great place to work Everyone is supportive of each other and helps out when someone else needs help. Everyone has their own way of fitting into the company as well as contributing to the company as individuals. The best part about the job is that I enjoy learning from my coworkers as well as getting to personally know the customers that come through the store every week. I get to meet a variety of people and really feel like I'm part of the Sportsman's Warehouse family. A few cons would be how sometimes I feel like I'm overwhelmed if I'm the only one in the department at the time and if I feel like I'm the only one doing any work to keep the department looking the best it can be. The managers are really nice, are easy to get long with, and very approachable. I've learned that even in a work environment, there needs to be some fun. you have to enjoy what you do or you just hate waking up everyday you have to work. I love my job at Sportsman' ad I'm glad that I work there. It's the best job I've had because I feel like I can be open with the coworkers I work with.
Not recommended.
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 19, 2015
There is no way for you to move up in this company. The discount is really the only thing that is worth working there for. Company sucks and doesn't take care of their employees and if its something they don't want to deal with (which in most cases that they don't want to) they will just draw it out until you give up, or the management at your store decides to demote you, or terminate you. I don't recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Policies, management, and company.
Sportsmans Warehouse
Hunting Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 30, 2015
Review compliance paper work, as well as checking for price changes. Preparing the department for the store opening for the day. In addition complete bank deposit and preparing all registers for opening the store.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Maintaining and controlling labor.
fun place to work at
Hunting sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJune 29, 2015
On the whole a good place to work.Management is fair, and has a team environment. As a retail store the pay is on the low side.
Pros
Fun
Cons
low pay
Great experience
Footwear and Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2015
Lots of room for advancement. Able to trouble shoot & problem solve without being micro managed. Friendly co-workers. Department managers need more floor time & not act too good for retail sales
It was a fun atmospere.
it was my job as giftbar associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KyJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and I learned a great deal about gps, binoculars, and knives. The management was very friendly and informative and my co-workers were enjoyable to be around. I really didn't see any part of my job as being hard other than trying to learn as much as I could about a product and maintaining that info. The most enjoyable part was being around the customers.
Great place
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management throughout my time here. Though it was a part time job while I finished my batchlers, Sportsman's was very accommodating to my school and personal life. From sales experience and training that I received to restocking the sleeves, it was a great opportunity to grow. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers. The best part is the team that I worked with throughout my time here.
Pros
The team
Cons
low pay
Close knit and knowledgeable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2015
Working at Sportsman's Warehouse was not only fun because the customers were nice, but my co-workers were friendly. I enjoyed working here.
Poor working environment.
Camping Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga,Tn. 152March 17, 2015
Every morning starts off with a meeting with management preaching more sales.Management shows certain employees favoritism and they receive the best hours. Certain employees can do as they please such as being 20-30 min late on a consistent basis and no action taken against them.Favoritism is a major problem. Managers have their clicks of employees they favor. Certain employees show up for work when they want regardless of the work schedule.
Pros
Great discount.
Cons
Poor pay, Poor management, Very little advancement.
Work life issues not considered
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 11, 2015
Management was very poorly trained. Gave good hours to favorite employees. Work life issues were not tolerated Safety training was essentially non-existent.
Pros
nice customer base
Cons
poorly trained managers