Spotify Employee Reviews

Not what it was
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
I joined Spotify at a time where we still had that techy-start up feel, although we were 10 years old. It was still a place where although you worked hard, you played harder and there were an abundance of socializing activities that bonded you to your colleagues across the various functions. Management WAS great (they were mostly Swedish) and you truly felt they cared for and helped you professionally (career development) as well as personally if need be. Sadly, this is no longer the case.
Pros
Free lunch, free healthcare
Cons
Paranoid culture. Long hours. Out of touch management.
amazing
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
it was amazing! loved the experience and the team I was able to work with. the perks of working for spotify was helpful and so many free goodies I was able to give out to people! it was amazing.
Neat gig for students
SpotifuU Campus Influencer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 9, 2016
Great experience for a college student looking to network or get experience in that kind of position. We got students pumped about Spotify and had a blast doing it.
Pros
free stuff, eligible cash benefits
Cons
short length, not enough physical interaction (imo)
Great Company!
Human Resources Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
Such a great company to work for! The work life balance is phenomenal and there are plenty of perks. Such as free catered lunches, free concerts and company events.
Great experience
Kept event lead coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
I made sure that the guards that were on the shift with me were moving around and making sure no one entered into the work space of spotify.

I learned a lot
fun place to work
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Spotify is very laid back, fun people, free food.

Free concerts and other events.

There are no hard part to the job. Everyone do what they are suppose to.

Managers are very helpful.

overall the people are great!
Pros
free lunches, free concerts
Cons
temporary position not perm
Productive Freelance environment
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Sold Spotify premium packages to different college students.

Held different marketing events on Campus.

Influencing college students to pay for subscriptions was difficult, but I made it easy by being sociable and making the process fun.
Best Place Ever
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NYCNovember 29, 2014
I loved temping at spotify, it was the best job I've ever had so far! Unfortunately it was a temporary assignment and I was not able to stay.
Spotify
Traffic Coordinator (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Spotify was such a wonderful place to work! There was an ongoing sense of community between co-workers and departments, a consistent flow of information keeping us updating on the latest digital trends, and the open opportunity to showcase new ideas to peers that could further the overall advancement of the company.
Flexible
Campus Influencer (Current Employee) –  Babson Park, MAMay 22, 2014
Put up flyers and send out play-list cards.
Learned about marketing and social media marketing.
The hardest part is to interact with real people and no enough training process.
The most enjoyable part is that it is a very flexible job.
Encouraging environment
Campus Influencer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Spotify created many wonderful incentives for the Campus Influencers. However, the management and organization of the position was not done efficiently.
Spotify USA
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2014
It's a great place with great culture and perks. Employees all enjoy hanging out together and are all friends outside of work. Mostly everyone on the ground are open minded about meeting new people and trying new things which creates a great lunch environment. (People often eat together during lunch time and sit with different people)

However because it's managed by leads in a different country, Sweden, it's often times hard to align interests between the different cultures. Poor managers are allow to remain in senior positions because there hasn't been enough documented cases to see a trend in the poor management. Communication about changes in the organization from Sweden to the US is often lacking and unclear.
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Management, Temp Office Management Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Everyone at the company works super hard but that doesn't mean there isn't room to have fun. There was countless video games, ping pong tables, couches, pool tables, snacks and so much more all over the office. I was part of the office management team and we catered to all of the employee needs. It was a wonderful job, and I met some pretty amazing people who do pretty amazing things.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks EVERYWHERE, friendly environment, fun place to work
Cons
None.
Amazing
campus rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa KansasMay 16, 2013
Learned a lot about marketing and enhanced my future. Learned to properly utilize mouth-to-mouth marketing. Was an interm basis.
Great internship for leadership skills and event planning.
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2013
One of the Two on campus that organized events sponsored by Spotify