Spotlight 29 Casino Employee Reviews in United States

no advancement
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CADecember 8, 2015
No advancement in the beverage department, they just use you then give you bad schedule. I would not recommend this casino to anyone. It is a rough place to work with shady clientele.
good company
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 19, 2015
Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement to be the premier entertainment experience in the Coachella Valley and the high desert
Maintain operating condition of casino buildings and equipment and completes simple repairs.
Uses knowledge of fundamental mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting and plumbing.
Receive and review all Engineering Request Forms to determine
problem and solution.
Aid in planning of casino projects, remodeling, expansions, and monitor jobs completed by outside contractors.
Ground maintenance.
Must be able to follow safety guidelines and work c
losely with Safety Coordinator to make sure
all OSHA safety guidelines are adhered to.
Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal
Internal Control Standards (TICS)
Present a positive image of the Casino to
its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and
training as a condition of employment.
Requires technical knowledge of the construction and maintenance work involved, and the ability to use cost estimating methods.
Overall, a fun place to work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJune 25, 2015
As a bartender, never a dull moment. Many beverage outlets with weekend entertainment. At times, extremely busy and that is what it's all about. Good rapport with supervisors and managers who are willing to jump in when needed.
Pros
Free meals in the employee dining room.
A lot smoking was there.
Supervisor Leticia Luna (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Each day was different, I learned to Share and to communicate all our problems to the supervisor.
My coworkers were friendly and great friend of mine.
Excellent place to work
Marketing and Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 17, 2014
Great benefits, great pay, great opportunity of advancement. over all it is a great corporation.
casino time
cage cashier (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CASeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy working with all the different kinds of people. There is always something new to see.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
smoke in casino
Productive and fun working place.
Cash Cage Clerk (Current Employee) –  46-200 Harrison PL Coachella, CA 92236August 16, 2014
Busy working environment always on the go kind of place, many fun prople to work with. work with many diffrent people meet many people of diffrent nationalaties.
very active and fun.
marketing guest services (Former Employee) –  indio, caJuly 17, 2014
always something new going on and informative. customer interaction is very high. the management when i was employed there was OK. my co-workers were amazing, a lot of team work.
some employees enjoy 20% off on concert tickets.
Drop Team Member (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CAJuly 15, 2014
there are 2 days a week when we only work about 2 hours and we get paid for 8 hours, sometimes when someone call off we take more time to do the job.
Pros
emplooyes get free meals.
Cons
health insurance
its a casino
Cage cashier, (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CAApril 10, 2014
can be fun and interesting, the smoke does get to you. i enjoy the people and the cash handling

Want to know more about Spotlight 29 Casino?

Ask a question
fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I LOVED IT THERE!!. I loved my co workers they were nice and very helpful and always kind. management was nice
Fun place to work
Assistant Server (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAOctober 17, 2013
* Getting the restaurant ready for open.
* How to deal with drunk people.
* my manager was fun to work with.
* Easy to work with as well working as a team.
* not finding what the costumer wanted.
*working on concert day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
Great work enviroment with pleny of advancement oppurtunity
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CASeptember 13, 2013
My days were diffrent everyday which made my work exciting and enjoyable. Great team atmosphere throughout company. I met some of my best friends while working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weekends considered prime periods.
Great Customer Service
Full-Time Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 20, 2013
enjoyed being around customers and fellow employees. hardest part of the job was detaining people when we had to arrest them
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the food
Productive and Fun workplace
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CAJune 13, 2013
I would consider a typical day at work would be displaying Customer Service 24/7. Escorting carts of money to different destination around the Casino. I would learn today's justice system's penal codes. Write reports of incidents that occurred at the work place. Talk to co-workers about their experiences and learn from them. The hardest part of my job would be to apprehend a guest when they are involve in a physical altercation. I enjoy learning new activities and enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
learn about today's justice system and being able to help the riverside county sheriff's office.
Cons
working in a smoke filled inviroment
Spotlight
Special events and Prmotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 16, 2013
I loved working for Spotlight 29 casino. I started as guest services at Club 29, just after i had been there for a year i was promoted to Marketing Special Events and Promotions. I got to create promotions and give all kinds of stuff away. I enjoyed doing all the events and would love to get back in the field. My co-workers where great and added to the great expierience.
Pros
getting to use my great creativity
Hospitality/Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coachella,CASeptember 11, 2012
Customer service, cashier. Greeted and escort customers to their tables, provide customers
with information and answered questions regarding daily specials and buffet items. Set-up dining room and tables for customers, bussed tables, cleaned and maintained dining area, replenished supplies, provided friendly customer service. Responsible for cash drops.
Great place to work and fast paced environment
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAMarch 27, 2012
Ihop is a place where you can advance quicky. Personally went from hostess to server in a matter of months. People are great and management always trys to make the work place a fun but respectable environment.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
only a 7 dollar voucher for employee lunches
Great Casino to play and work at.
GUEST SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAMarch 27, 2012
Spotlight is a nice Casino with a friendly atmosphere. It offers free Employee meals and the customer relations is nice.
Pros
free employee meals
Cons
no 401k match

4.4