Spotlight

Spotlight Employer Reviews

Surrounded by fun and friendly co-workers.
Retail (Current Employee), Auckland, NZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: learnt a lot about fabric, textures and their different uses.
Cons: occasion rude customers.
On a typical day I would redecorate the whole store in the morning to keep its presentation. I would restock the shelves and rearrange the products and work at the till. When it gets busy I just work at the till mostly and help customers when needed.
The workload is very manageable because everything becomes quite basic once I've learnt them and I find – more... the rush hours really fun and fulfilling.
The co-workers I worked with their all very nice and friendly. I enjoy enjoy working and learning from them an they make the place a great environment to work in.
The job overall is not at all hard but I would say learning about fabric and their names and what makes their texture differ from others takes a bit of time to grasp.
The best part of the job are working together with my co-workers, talking and helping customers with their needs and the rush hours. – less
A cold caller's dream
Account Executive (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, job security, plenty of incentives
Cons: poor management at the local sales offices
Spotlight has a great product (zoned cable advertising). If you are a self motivated prospector you will do well with this company. If you dislike starting your day with mountains of paperwork this job isn't for you. Unfortunately, sellers are expected to maintain aggressive sales budgets while saddled with the job of keeping up the back end of their – more... inventory. It's not uncommon to start the day by finding out that hundreds of your commercials that were supposed to run the day before, didn't. Management at the Alpharetta office is weak at best. Little direction or coaching is offered. – less
Fun strong team environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), PoriruaMarch 19, 2012
Pros: easy going environment
Cons: stressful at times.
Fun loving work environment. Great team members to work along side and to get jobs done quickly and efficiently. Always had great support and respect from all team members including the management. Had fanastic opportunities to advance to managment. Customer service focused job.
educational team environment
team member (Former Employee), Te Rapa, HamiltonApril 8, 2014
Pros: good team environment
Cons: transport issues
was a good place to work, would have stayed longer but was ill at the time
non applicable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Drummoyne, NSWMarch 13, 2014
Pros: boss makes cakes for the weekend staff
Cons: too far to travel too
Currently working at the Birkenhead Point store but living in the Blue Mountains and finding the traveling unbearable..
Hard working environment
sales assistant (Current Employee), Mandurah, WAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
every one works hard, nice to costumers and organized.
always there to help you if you have any questions or need help with anything
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), launcestonFebruary 19, 2014
Cons: store so big
ok place to work, big store and lots of ereas to learn.
good staff discount and easy shifts
Fun workplace
Mt Smart (Former Employee), Onehunga, NFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
The hard part of the job would be when all the customers come in on half time there would be a long line.
CAREER OBJECTIVE
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee), DubaiFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: graphic designer
Cons: graphic designer
I bring seven and half years of experience to my role as a Creative Graphic Designer Designerin the online and advertising arena. I focus my efforts on designing websites, web applications and print campaigns with a spotlight on usability. My broad range of design expertise spans many channels, including a strong concentration in corporate identity – more... and branding. As a visual consultant, I have collaborated on many large projects, working with talented teams of artists, developers, usability experts and marketing professionals. Along with strong work ethics, I approach every project with the same attention and workflow, drawing on my creative talents and business experience to get the job done right. – less
Customer Service
Coordinator, Custom Made Furnishings (Former Employee), Box HillFebruary 10, 2014
Answering phones, liaising with customers, consultant and fitter - managing dairies. Data entry, ordering supplies, customers blinds, fabrics etc. Problem solving - customer complaints, follow up on suppliers if goods taking more time to be produced. The most enjoyable part of job was when everything was complete and final payment made to customers – more... satisfaction. I enjoy working in a team or am able to work alone, using my iniative. – less
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee), Underwood, QLDJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: no cons
loved learning how to use the heavy machines for polishing the floors and being on call incase of clean ups. also working alone was a plus doing the night shift.
A good place to work
Team Memeber (Current Employee), Toowoomba, QLDJanuary 5, 2014
Involves a lot of customer service and being able to assist whenever possible. Is a fun and enjoyable workplace.
boring
customer service (Former Employee), Toowoomba, QLDDecember 23, 2013
rude people not a fun work place at all
when i fell pregnant they stopped giving me hours
kept crossing my name off the roster when i was meant to work and didn't tell me till i got to work that i was not working
Kind and Friendly Work environnment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Melbourne Western Suburbs, VICNovember 27, 2013
Pros: welcoming staff
Cons: distance was too far
Everyday there would be different tasks to be achieved and throughout different situations I would learn new things and how to handle specific issues. The staff at Spotlight were very friendly and welcoming as well as patient with me. The hardest part of the job would be assisting customers with certain specific needs seeing as I was not familiar with – more... the items around the store although I did enjoy learning from small issues like that. – less
At the time great team working together
Customer Service / Office Manager (Former Employee), Liverpool/SydneyNovember 20, 2013
No table tennis, very busy, phone and customer enquires , problem solving, helping staff with difficulties that may arise.
I enjoyed working with people, staff and customers.
The hardest part of a busy job is time management.
CALM WORKING ENVIRONMENT WITH NICE PEOPLE
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Port Macquarie, NSWNovember 11, 2013
Pros: discount on products
Cons: long hours of standing
A TYPICAL DAY WAS QUITE TIRING AS I DID A LOT OF WORK REROLLING FABRICS, MOST OF MY COWORKERS WERE VERY NICE AND EASY TO GET ALONG WITH, THEHARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS GETTIGN THROUGH THE DULL MOMENTS WHEN THERE WERE NO CUSTOMERS, I ENJOYED TALKING TO EACH CUSTOMER FINDING OUT WHAT THEY ARE MAKING
all ways something new to learn, many different products ,always achieving to try to promote the best customer service to the public
retail sales assistant (Former Employee), Adelaide, SASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: fabulous staff members
Cons: problems with staff shortages
always busy , helps to be creative , and know your product knowledge ,fantastic staff
productive
Promodiser (Former Employee), batangasJune 23, 2013
Cons: 8 hrs
8hrs duty + overtime,i've learned how to deal the customer.the hardest part of this job was auditing the items
Good teaching staff
furnishings team member (Current Employee), newcastleJune 18, 2013
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: computer system is shocking
A typical day at work includes learning all about our many products that we sell, I work in furnishings so I have learnt alot about fabrics, blinds, materials used to make all our products and combinations of products that need to be purchased for the correct outcome.
Also customer service is a major thing I have excelled in, staying dedicated to the – more... customer, doing everything I can to satisfy the customers need is definitely a high focus of the role I play.
My co workers have much more experience than I do, they teach me everything, I am in good hands to learn.
My manager in furnishing is very helpful and teaches me a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, they walk out smiling, I know I have done the right thing. – less
Fun place
Dispatch Leader (Former Employee), AlbanyJune 14, 2013
Worked alone in the Dispatch. Was always very busy.Hardest part was getting staff to help out and abide by health and safety.Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of being able to achieve.

About Spotlight

The Spotlight was founded in 1927 and has since become world-famous for its casting directories. Today over 30,000 performers – Read more