Spotlight

Spotlight Employer Reviews

Good teaching staff
furnishings team member (Current Employee), newcastleJune 18, 2013
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: computer system is shocking
A typical day at work includes learning all about our many products that we sell, I work in furnishings so I have learnt alot about fabrics, blinds, materials used to make all our products and combinations of products that need to be purchased for the correct outcome.
Also customer service is a major thing I have excelled in, staying dedicated to the – more... customer, doing everything I can to satisfy the customers need is definitely a high focus of the role I play.
My co workers have much more experience than I do, they teach me everything, I am in good hands to learn.
My manager in furnishing is very helpful and teaches me a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, they walk out smiling, I know I have done the right thing. – less
Fun place
Dispatch Leader (Former Employee), AlbanyJune 14, 2013
Worked alone in the Dispatch. Was always very busy.Hardest part was getting staff to help out and abide by health and safety.Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of being able to achieve.
Despatch leader (Former Employee), AlbanyApril 24, 2013
Pros: enjoyable job, learnt alot about business.
Cons: staff not adhereing to health and safety
Full busy day bringing inwards goods in.Receipting the goods into the computer,doing claims and stock adjustments. Moving stock onto showroom floor.Checking on the health and safety in the store.
My day was enjoyable.
looking for a change
sales asisstant (Current Employee), sale 3850March 25, 2013
I work full time and its very full on I enjoy all work mate and some customers
the hardest company to work for
sales (Current Employee), brisbane,QLDMarch 5, 2013
Pros: is non really
Cons: needs staff and management
I would never let anyone i know work at this company.
The team Leaders need to trained on the way they come accross and talk to there team. They need to fire all of them and start over. The hardest part of the job is try to understand why the management up some team member down and talk down to them when they know that what the team member is saying – more... is true and is right. – less
Good team to work with.
Receipting Assistant (Former Employee), HastingsJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: could organise my own day. responsibilities increased with experience.
Cons: work station was in despatch which was either very hot or very cold!
The most important aspect of my job was entering all invoices into computer and approving them for payment. This job could pile up so every morning I would process invoices using the SAP receipting system. I would also help check off deliveries in despatch, make claims for damaged or broken products and solve customer and staff problems. On a weekly – more... basis all the invoices that had been paid I would scan and send electronically to head office then I would file them. I was also responsible for checking that there were no outstanding invoices and that every product that arrived had matching paperwork. – less
Working with like minded crafty persons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), RockinghamOctober 23, 2012
Very busy customer service as well as customer telephone service, but I like being busy. I did find that the time allotted for necessary tasks was at times most unreasonable and actually impossible. The hardest part was trying to keep the department tidy with the most enjoyable part being customer liaison and knowing that I have made someones day a – more... bit happier. – less
Loved working with people who enjoyed the same interest in craft as myself.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), RockinghamOctober 21, 2012
Very busy answering phone calls as well as serving which I don't mind, as I like being busy, but at times the demands made on the department were quite unreasonable with the time allotted to achieve the desired result. Overall I love serving customers and are happy when they walk away with a smile.
Fun strong team environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), PoriruaMarch 19, 2012
Pros: easy going environment
Cons: stressful at times.
Fun loving work environment. Great team members to work along side and to get jobs done quickly and efficiently. Always had great support and respect from all team members including the management. Had fanastic opportunities to advance to managment. Customer service focused job.

About Spotlight

The Spotlight was founded in 1927 and has since become world-famous for its casting directories. Today over 30,000 performers – Read more