Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center

Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAApril 4, 2016
They will work you to death. Arrogant, rude, indifferent individuals who stepped into power by accident and have no clue how to treat employees. Work overload, short stuffed, false accusations, lies, not enough pay for qualified professionals, management will close eyes on many work law violations, only care about department productivity and numbes. Zero human factor. Management loves snitches and gossiping, and
Support and promotes ones who create and spreading it. Very unhealthy and dirty environment to work. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Nice lobby
Great CoWorkers
C.N.A./P.C.T. (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 31, 2016
PCTs learn a lot from nurses, you do more hands on vs Nursing home. CoWorkers are Awesome, Night Shift Rocks. Typical day at work is very fast pace. Love My Job and plan on Furthering my education to be a Registered Nurse.
Pros
Good Pay for P.C.T., Teamwork
Cons
Certain Lazy Nurses...but other than them i have a great Night shift crew.
Love my job here!
RRT (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 1, 2013
I recently left my full time position at another hospital and am working part time prn at Spotsy. I am hoping someday when there is a full time position available I will be able to fill it because I LOVE THIS PLACE! The culture is great, and all the staff genuinely cares and strives to be the best for our patients. When you need something it is provided. Management is truly exceptional from the CEO right down to the Manager of my department and the care should be considered gold standard. I am so looking forward to watching this place grow. We already have growing pains because you can tell patients in our community realize what a gem of a hospital this is. It is exciting to see. It is very telling when someone would give up security to focus on a job that does not have benefits yet. I am looking forward to growing and learning, and giving the best care possible to my patients :)
Pros
pretty much everything even the food
Positive environment
CNA/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 28, 2015
My days go by quickly and are enjoyable. My coworkers keep a positive attitude for the most part and help in any way they can. I receive tuition reimbursement and wonderful insurance.
Benefits
Cons
turnover
No Ethics!
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 13, 2015
By far, the worst place I have worked in my life. Absolutely no ethics, HCA wants money and that is it. Management is unprofessional... Use fear tactics to get things done. Quality patient care is not a concern at all. Human Resources only exists to defend your manager and not to help. Pay is lower than the other hospitals in the area. I've also been a patient and the care I received was awful. Do NOT go there for work or as a patient.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, low quality of patient care
Not good for employees or patients
Registered Nurse- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 13, 2014
If you are a pediatric nurse this is NOT the place for you to work. The peds census is very low. They may get peds admissions 3-4 times a month. I guess parents choose to take their kids elsewhere and I don't blame them. When there are no kids staff is supposed to float within the womens and childrens unit, but instead you are made to float to the adult floors to do all the things that those nurses don't want to do. Those nurses are indeed are indeed busy. One nurse will have 11 pts at one time. How is that safe? So when you get floated there you are giving meds that are 2-3 hours late. Management and the CNO completely SUCK at what they do. They do not care.
Cons
benefits are not good, management are people who are not qualified
Great hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  RadiologyOctober 16, 2015
I love SRMC, great job and great enviroment. Everyone is a team player and has a smile on their face. SPOTSY attitude is applied across the whole company.
Good Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 23, 2015
Nurse to patient ratio on floor is 4-6 depending on staffing and admits and discharges, typical ratio is 5:1 with new staffing matrix. Great group of staff in every department. Small enough to get to know your co-workers. Hospital nursing is becoming more task oriented, yet being rated on overall patient experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
too high nurse to patient ratio in some departments
Terrible management
RN (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 3, 2014
We're on our fourth director because Spotsy either hires unqualified people or lets good people leave. Love my co-workers who always step up to help each other, but pay/benefits are shameful. Beware of inexperienced and clique-y administration team. Number of job openings do not reflect growth --- positions are being cut --- but rapid turnover due to poor management.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
pay/benefits, administration
Love the hospital - despise HCA
Psych social worker/clinician (Former Employee) –  Behavioral healthMarch 31, 2013
Former psychiatric social worker/clinician at Spotsy. Loved my boss, coworkers, patients and the management at this hospital - the care was great. The facility is beautiful and there is very much a team approach to healthcare here. However, they have no opportunities for training or licensure supervision for my discipline, and after nearly three years of hard work for them, the corporation made some changes and booted me out the door because I'm not licensed. No warning, and they gave me no opportunity to get a license. HCA doesn't care about its employees one bit and this was just one instance I experienced in my time there. They're out to make money - period. Spotsy, however, has good people. So I managed not to leave too bitter after being kicked out on my behind. And I did manage to find another job. Bottom line: HCA as a company sucks. Watch out.
Pros
loved the people
Cons
hca is the devil
A day at Spotsy Regional
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg VAOctober 10, 2013
Working here has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. We are busy most days because we are such short staffed. I get along great with my co-workers. There are very few of us and we have all been there since the beginning. We have gone through several different leaders since opening in 2010. I love making IV's and working in a fast pace environment. The schedule is pretty flexible and they work with me when I need a day off to take my daughter to an appointment or something along that nature.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits aren't that grerat
Everything about this hospital is horrible.
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  SpotsylvaniaMay 22, 2014
This hospital is disorganized, the management is clueless and could care less about staff once 3pm comes around and it's time to come home. Already short staffed but hours continue to be cut and workload continues to grow. I wouldn't suggest any patient come to this facility, nor would I recommend this hospital as an employment option for anyone that wants to work in a stable healthcare setting.
Pros
can't think of anything.
Cons
low pay, short staffed, cut hours, directors with no knowledge
Unprofessional and Dissppointing Experience
Patient and Nurse (Former Employee) –  VAMarch 3, 2013
From the outside and inside, SRMC attempts to portray their "Spotsy" attitude, which they will claim is exemplar to other facilities; however, don't judge a book by its cover. What a joke! Their census fluctuates so much- the hours aren't there, and getting cancelled in a career that's suppose to offer such stability...disappointing! The morale is just as bad as most other places because, as usual, the nurses are overworked and understaffed-yet, expected to take care of their "customers"--because that's what patients are nowadays! How can you be a nurse to someone and provide excellent care if you are constantly worried about stepping on someone's toes. It's not the Hylton people....and so our job is to help you get well-not increase the likelihood you will decide to extend your stay! Management is horrific and they are so busy trying to win other hospitals' patients over, they miss the whole idea of fantastic healthcare! Not to mention, many of the units haven't been designated with a speciality, so instead you have a pediatric/oncology/med-surg/etc floor...because that makes a lot of sense, right!? The upside, they are newer and just want patients who can afford to pay, so their equipment functions for the moment. Other than that, they won't last and be in the class of other disgraceful hospitals before too long! Don't go the extra mile down the highway for care, you are far better off at another facility! Bottom line....get over yourselves SRMC!!!!!
Pros
equipment works
Cons
terrible for nurses, turn people away, dwindling census
every job has their pros and cons
staff (Current Employee) –  hospitalMay 13, 2013
It is obvious from the posts that management has made at least one post. There is a big problem with the fluctuating census. Staff is either told to stay home with out pay or use their PTO, leaving them with no sick or vacation time. Floating staff from a higher level acuity unit to a lower level when their census is low or none, forcing the staff who work that department to stay home. It is all about money. I get it,we all get it. Everyday we hear about money,scores, and core measures. We know this is important, but it is at nausea.I think this hospital has a lot of potential, however after 3 years progress towards achieving goals has been slow,hard, and at times seems like we are going backwards. Every hospital is not without problems. Management comes around every now and then and asks if everything is OK? Can they help with anything? Lets be real they don't want the answers, and staff would be seen as complainers. Besides we have tried it with little things, which didn't get resolved.Most enjoyable part of the job is patient care hardest part is doing it with limited resources.
Pros
close to home
Cons
canceling, floating-breaks non existent for certain departments.
Productive and friendly environment
Abdominal, Breast, OB/Gyn (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 24, 2013
A typical work day is pretty laid back. Management is very friendly and knowledgable of their employees. My co-workers are pretty friendly and teamwork is awesome. The hardest part of my job is not knowing something. The most enjoyable part of the job is my shift team we ork together.
Pros
new hospital
Cons
short breaks
Can't spell unetHiCAl without HCA
RN (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 7, 2014
Hands down the most unethical and toxic company I have ever worked for. It is like a nightmarish reliving of high school with elite cliques (*cough cough* members of the administrative team), scarily overworked staff, brownnosers, class pets and about the same wages that high school students receive. Despite their name Human Resources is neither human nor resourceful and will remind you of the impotent guidance counselors who always wanted to befriend you but were useless for development or growth. The focus here is on profits not patients, so you wind up disappointing everyone as you rush from person to person.
Should you ignore these warnings and apply anyway, watch your rear end (there's a harrassment problem and the company acceptance of this behavior is straight out of the 1960s) and be sure to program the ethics line phone number into your phone. You're going to need it.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
pay, administration, overworked staff
Productive fast paced environment, constantly stimulating
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sposlyvania VirginiaDecember 26, 2011
Working For "spotsy" is a rewarding experience, i have learned how to multitask and handle very emergent and emotional situations. an overall rewarding experience
Pros
great benefits
Cons
i cant find any cons
Productive fun workplace
CT/MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAMarch 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. I work evening shift and it is my desired shift. Management is very understanding and I really don't hear much. I work by myself so I really don't see anybody else.
Excellent work environment. Great HR benefits
Infection Preventionist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 3, 2013
This is a new hospital that is still establishing a reputation in the community. The administration and staff at this hospital live by the mission: "Above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life".

Opportunities for new service lines and improvements are in the pipeline. A great place to work.
Pros
tuition reimbursment
Cons
low patient census
Very friendly work environment
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VASeptember 8, 2014
Is like working with a second family. Although only a temporary PRN position I was amazed at how friendly and educational the experience was.

Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location