Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center

Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
PRN Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 30, 2017
Good work place, flexible schedule, friendly co-workers and awesome benefits. I really recommend this place. It allows for growth opportunity if that is what you are seeking.
Productive and fun place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 27, 2017
Excellent place to work. Easy to work with the nurses and doctors. They always looked out for you and made sure if you need help, they would assist. Happy place to work.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
No LPN's allowed to work there
Too many rude people who are not held accountable for their actions
Registered Nurse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 6, 2017
I worked as a team leader on their busy med surg floor and my biggest complaint about this company is their inability to follow their own policies and procedures. My staff were disagreeable when corrected and their skill sets were lacking in every area as far as following policies and being able to perform procedures competently as nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists etc
Pros
Education assistance, free prescription medicine through insurance
Cons
Management is lacking direction and staff is scary when it comes to their competencies
New Kid on the block
Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 23, 2017
SRMC came to the area in 2010 to compete with the only hospital in town for 5 counties for DECADES. It wasn't opened well, without mentoring from local or corporate support so there was a LOT of trial and error. It is the corporate expectation that we compete with a large hospital on a small community hospital budget and has unrealistic growth expectations without the financial investment.
Pros
Cons
stability
Great place to learn
Volunteer Infusion Room (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 17, 2017
Great place to get experience in a medical setting, was a volunteer but still got to see how the hospital worked and got to help patients. Transported patients, organized paperwork, helped properly dispose of material into correct bio hazards waste baskets.
Positive, fun, great people and great location
RN (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania County, VAApril 11, 2017
I work with the best people, very caring and loving and supportive. I enjoy working there. There is so many opportunities and many education free CEU's.
Hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 19, 2017
Job was rewarding being able to interact with the patients and insure they were receiving the best care from the entire staff in the hospital.
I would not recommend anyone to work here.
lab (Current Employee) –  labDecember 1, 2016
I dont have too many good things to say about this place, my motivation for coming to work each day here, is taking care of the patients that come in and giving them a positive attitude and a happy outlook on their situation.
Pros
some of the staff is friendly
Cons
change your shift way too often
Great starting job.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  4600 Spotsylvania Pkwy, Fredericksburg, VAApril 12, 2016
It was hard work and the people working there was very welcoming and while I didn't get paid for it, it got me ready for when I got a paying job.
Terrible place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAApril 4, 2016
They will work you to death. Arrogant, rude, indifferent individuals who stepped into power by accident and have no clue how to treat employees. Work overload, short stuffed, false accusations, lies, not enough pay for qualified professionals, management will close eyes on many work law violations, only care about department productivity and numbes. Zero human factor. Management loves snitches and gossiping, and
Support and promotes ones who create and spreading it. Very unhealthy and dirty environment to work. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Nice lobby
Great CoWorkers
C.N.A./P.C.T. (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 31, 2016
PCTs learn a lot from nurses, you do more hands on vs Nursing home. CoWorkers are Awesome, Night Shift Rocks. Typical day at work is very fast pace. Love My Job and plan on Furthering my education to be a Registered Nurse.
Pros
Good Pay for P.C.T., Teamwork
Cons
Certain Lazy Nurses...but other than them i have a great Night shift crew.
Great hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  RadiologyOctober 16, 2015
I love SRMC, great job and great enviroment. Everyone is a team player and has a smile on their face. SPOTSY attitude is applied across the whole company.
Positive environment
CNA/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 28, 2015
My days go by quickly and are enjoyable. My coworkers keep a positive attitude for the most part and help in any way they can. I receive tuition reimbursement and wonderful insurance.
Benefits
Cons
turnover
Good Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 23, 2015
Nurse to patient ratio on floor is 4-6 depending on staffing and admits and discharges, typical ratio is 5:1 with new staffing matrix. Great group of staff in every department. Small enough to get to know your co-workers. Hospital nursing is becoming more task oriented, yet being rated on overall patient experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
too high nurse to patient ratio in some departments
No Ethics!
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 13, 2015
By far, the worst place I have worked in my life. Absolutely no ethics, HCA wants money and that is it. Management is unprofessional... Use fear tactics to get things done. Quality patient care is not a concern at all. Human Resources only exists to defend your manager and not to help. Pay is lower than the other hospitals in the area. I've also been a patient and the care I received was awful. Do NOT go there for work or as a patient.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, low quality of patient care
Very friendly work environment
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VASeptember 8, 2014
Is like working with a second family. Although only a temporary PRN position I was amazed at how friendly and educational the experience was.
Everything about this hospital is horrible.
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  SpotsylvaniaMay 22, 2014
This hospital is disorganized, the management is clueless and could care less about staff once 3pm comes around and it's time to come home. Already short staffed but hours continue to be cut and workload continues to grow. I wouldn't suggest any patient come to this facility, nor would I recommend this hospital as an employment option for anyone that wants to work in a stable healthcare setting.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Low pay, short staffed, cut hours, directors with no knowledge
Can't spell unetHiCAl without HCA
RN (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 7, 2014
Hands down the most unethical and toxic company I have ever worked for. It is like a nightmarish reliving of high school with elite cliques (*cough cough* members of the administrative team), scarily overworked staff, brownnosers, class pets and about the same wages that high school students receive. Despite their name Human Resources is neither human nor resourceful and will remind you of the impotent guidance counselors who always wanted to befriend you but were useless for development or growth. The focus here is on profits not patients, so you wind up disappointing everyone as you rush from person to person.
Should you ignore these warnings and apply anyway, watch your rear end (there's a harrassment problem and the company acceptance of this behavior is straight out of the 1960s) and be sure to program the ethics line phone number into your phone. You're going to need it.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Pay, administration, overworked staff
Not good for employees or patients
Registered Nurse- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 13, 2014
If you are a pediatric nurse this is NOT the place for you to work. The peds census is very low. They may get peds admissions 3-4 times a month. I guess parents choose to take their kids elsewhere and I don't blame them. When there are no kids staff is supposed to float within the womens and childrens unit, but instead you are made to float to the adult floors to do all the things that those nurses don't want to do. Those nurses are indeed are indeed busy. One nurse will have 11 pts at one time. How is that safe? So when you get floated there you are giving meds that are 2-3 hours late. Management and the CNO completely SUCK at what they do. They do not care.
Pros
Cons
Benefits are not good, management are people who are not qualified
Terrible management
RN (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 3, 2014
We're on our fourth director because Spotsy either hires unqualified people or lets good people leave. Love my co-workers who always step up to help each other, but pay/benefits are shameful. Beware of inexperienced and clique-y administration team. Number of job openings do not reflect growth --- positions are being cut --- but rapid turnover due to poor management.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
pay/benefits, administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location