SPRING ARBOR UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of the job.
custodian tech (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIMarch 25, 2016
Being able to work with great people. I am blessed to be able work with other departments and to see what I can do for them. I like a challenge to see what is wrong to make it right. I feel that my communication skills are the key to a successful work environment. I like the fact that that I can "wow" people when my buildings are immaculate. I represent Spring Arbor University and I impress perspective new students, their parents, other staff, faculty, and board members. Hard work and dedication to my job is the key in making the University stand out above the rest.
Pros
Great work environment and show my skills in what I do
Cons
Fear of losing my job, cutting my pay and benefits, and more budget cuts
Productive and learning enviorment
Lieutenant of Campus Safety (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor MichiganMarch 29, 2016
This job allows you to put together skill sets and sets a firm foundation to learn more in your field under helpful guidance.
Good!
Head Track and Field Throws Coach (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIJune 24, 2016
Good place to start moving in the right direction, but needs more financial resources for Sports. Coaches are underpaid, and not grad courses are supplemental yet.
Supportive Environment In Which To Learn New Skills and Improve Current Skills
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, PAApril 30, 2015
I completed tasks as asked and met deadlines.I exhibited teamwork and cooperation by communicating with my boss and his assistant throughout projects. I displayed attention to detail when entering data into an Excel spreadsheet from the bibliographic management software program Zotero. developed sharp writing and editing skills by writing annotations of 50 words or less for each source found in my assigned folders for an annotated bibliography. I developed data coding skills by categorizing interview for a curriculum redesign according to coding categories. I displayed self-motivation and ingenuity by being given raw data and figuring out the best way to organize it.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hours varied per week based on work available
University Guide (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Spring Arbor is a positive environment to work in that seeks to take good care of its employees. There are great staff and a sincere community. It may not pay the best but you will be hard pressed to find more genuine and kind employees. Like all Christian institutions, moving forward with new ideas can sometimes be difficult but Spring Arbor remains fairly open and accepting.

A day of work for me consisted of tours, lunch meetings, call nights, office work, and other various tasks.

I was a student worker so my job looked different. My most difficult part was having to work on a few random weekends. I had to be prepared to work extra if needed.

The most enjoyable part was building relationships with my coworkers whether students or full time staff.

Management genuinely cares about the employees.
Pros
people, management, environment
Cons
slow to change, in need of some changes
Great workplace
President's Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIJune 14, 2015
I had a great experience working at Spring Arbor University as a student intern to the Office of Admissions. I gained valuable experience that will help me in the future.
great place to work!
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIMay 7, 2014
Job is very hands on with great interaction with athletics. management is very approachable. In additions co-workers are also friendly and always looking to help! The biggest issues are those that come from athletes and attitude towards different situations. However it is great knowing in the end you had a part in helping them reach their potential!
Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIFebruary 5, 2015
New management that does not communicate well. Enrollment still on decline. All makes for stressful work environment.
Good work environment
Student Custodian (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIApril 1, 2015
Easy work, but time consuming. A bit repetitive, but my co-workers were fun to work with. The Dining Commons workers would notify last minute about meetings or groups that were present while working.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage and small hours
Stable and fun Workplace that promotes Christian values
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2013
Overall a good place to work. Could be more communication between departments though
Pros
strong christian culture
Cons
some lack of communication
Great exsprience
Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIOctober 1, 2012
I wasn't really on a set scheduled I just came in when my boss sent me an email usually a few days before. I pick up the equipment
shot the video usually a lecture or seminar, edited and online by the end of the day
Pros
good exsprience
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace with enjoyable people
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIJuly 22, 2012
Taught class every Friday
Planned and attended events
Fun parts about my job included interacting with my students, team members, and boss
Hardest part was balancing school and work
College experiance
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIJuly 23, 2012
custodail jobs are hard but wirth the effort. However the early wake up call I didn't enjoy
Founded on great values and principles
Corporate Relations & Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed being at SAU and being a part of an institution with values and ethics.
It was informative.
Economics tutor (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIApril 3, 2014
I loved the environment. It was just a summer job. But, I learned how to answer phones and greet people.
A very good position
Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MINovember 10, 2012
Tape lectures and put it online.
I learned a lot about encoding video.
we learned a lot about editing live production.
Great Christian environment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Spring Arbor, MIMay 28, 2013
A good place to attend school and work. Very friendly people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPRING ARBOR UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3