Spring Arbor Employee Reviews in United States

Completed clinicals at Spring Arbor for CNA course
student (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 4, 2015
Although I was never employed here, I worked 2 40 hour weeks at this establishment. The staff was always incredibly kind, honest, helpful, and encouraging. I learned many things during my time here. I learned how to put aside emotions when there is a job at hand. Learning to put yourself in other people shoes almost entirely as the safety of their well being is in your hands at times. Most importantly it taught me how to give of myself, think of others, and make wise decisions. The coworkers were very helpful and they explained things clearly and did not hesitate to show me the right way when I had a question about a certain residents care plan. The hardest part of my time there was trying to get a very tall man into bed who cannot bend his legs. It was not easy and I asked for assistance, but together we got the job done the right way. Most enjoyable part of the day is refilling tea and coffee and cleaning up plates knowing most of the residents are full and happy.
Pros
learning so much
Cons
having to leave
Really enjoyed working with the residents!
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCNovember 19, 2015
Lots of hard work, but rewarded by the satisfaction of the Spring Arbor Residents...enjoyed my time there as Lead Cook...would like to continue working in an assisted living facility environment
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
High turnover
fun work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2015
fun work place, I enjoyed caring for my residents and talking to them. If you love caring for others, this is a good company to work for as well
Poor Management
❸ Nurse Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2015
Spring Arbor is a beautiful community with a lot of potential; however, that potential is ruined by the management staff. They have terrible attitudes and do not get along with each other. Staff is overworked and UNDERPAID. Hard work is never recognized and communication is terrible. The Resident Care Coordinator- so she calls herself- has yet to display any sign of leadership to those she supervises.
Wonderful Residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2015
everyday coming to work was wonderful being able to see a smile on the residents faces. Talking to the residents everyday brings a joy to heart.
i enjoy my job/residents at Spring Arbor
cna11 (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 21, 2014
I have seen so many different stages in dealing with dementia care I enjoy my job and working with the residents,everyday can be a challenge not just for the residents but staff as well it would be nice to know there were a cure for this disease but until one is found compassion and understanding is a must.
management is an issue
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 15, 2014
They management was an issue. They worked people that were in high school till late and made them work full time hours even though they were part time. Also made everyone work every holiday.
healthy environment
Lead Chef, Line Cook, Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
Typical day was overseeing that all residents were fed and special meal requirements were met. That all parts of kitchen and dining room were cleaned. I loved working with the elderly and hearing all their life lessons and stories. The hardest part of my job was not physical it was mental, in that these residents would pass away and I felt i lost more than just a client, but a family member.
Pros
great staff, fun place to work
Cons
long demanding hours 60+ a week
Reliable worker.
Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2013
Enjoyed assisting the elderly. Helped the seniors become more self reliant.
My first job as a while going to school for cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 17, 2013
Go in wake clients up and help the the ones that need help get dressed. Help sever break fast. The go and make beds change sheets, towels, give showers to the ones on the list for the day. Then help with serving lunch. Then go around and socailze with clients get to know them. Talk to them. Management was ok. My co workers where great we al got along good. I dont of anything that was hard about the job. The enjoyable part was getting to know each and every one of the clients. How unique and special they where.
Pros
knowing its all about the patients
Cons
not for sure
Not a very fun environment
Cna (Former Employee) –  wilson, ncMarch 5, 2013
My typicall day at work required me to give patients baths, wash their clothes, feed them, and take them to diffrent events within the facility. I learned a great deal about how to take care of patients and how to give the best day possible. My co workers was young and realy did not have compassion for the patients and this turned to the hardest part of my job was to see how they mistreated the patients. Managment was horrible because they basically allowed this to happen. My most enjoyable part was to see the smile on my patients faces when I interacted with them.
Pros
loved the time with the patients
Cons
hated how the patients was mis treated
very fun place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 13, 2013
the most enjoyable part of my job is when i can put a smile on my resident's face just by helpin them do something simple...co-workers are easy to get along with
Place of careing and nurteing them in the help that was needed
CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 12, 2012
My day at Spring Abor is showing the love to Resident and being able to assit them in their time of need.I learned to care and show campassion.To be a team leader,fun to work with and we learn to work together and do team work.Just someyjmes coping with the resident when they become angry.The enjoyment in my job is learning the resident and about the past history.
Productive with lots of loving and caring people
Med Tech/Resident Assistant (MT/RA) (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 12, 2012
At times a day at work could be very difficult but you have good people surrounded around you to help you through the day. You learned lots of responsibilities to take care of by having people lives in your hands. Management is also their to help guide you with any concerns and plus the workers team work and fun to be around.There is nothing hard about the job just enjoy the day at work. At the end of the day everyone has a smile on their face and thanking for all the hard work.
A good place to work alot of activities for residents
CNA (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJuly 31, 2012
We are always doing things with the residents. My boss is a huge supporter and helps by supporting the things we do to help our residents . We are always coming up with new things for residents to do . We try to make it as homie as possible.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
stressful
Patience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2012
I worked the 1st shift, which was 7am-3pm. My typical day at work was to get the clients up for breakfast, take them to the dining room, and help out in the kitchen. After the patients eat, We take them back to room (optional for the patients) and continue on with our assignments. What I have learned at Spring Arbor is to be patient with the patients because the elderly can be very mean at times, but it was my job to make them feel good about themselves because most of them were very emotional. The management was very helpful whenever I needed them. My co-workers were the BEST! When I was the new CNA 1, they helped me out whenever I ask them for help. The hardest part of the job were trying to calm down the patients because I feel like, they are older than me and I just don't want to tell them what to do. I wasn't raised to talk negative to the elderly. The most enjoyable part of the job was see my patients smile. It just make my day when I see them smile and know that they are having a good day.
Pros
30 minutes to 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
some of the cna's were lazy