Spring Hill Suites Employee Reviews

it was a fun place to work if your a people person as I am.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
it was a nice place to work, the returning guest were great the staff was great, just the area started to change for the worst more drugs came into the area and people coming in off the street, it became unsafe and we didn't have armed security.
Pros
awesome guest that would bring me gifts, free meals from resturants in the area that we sent our guest to
Cons
you kinda had to eat when you could, and the pay was not all that great if you have a family, or lived alone with car pymt and rent on your own as I did so I did have a second job.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 28, 2017
Family friendly co-workers. Repeat guest are like family. Parties and outings make for a great place to work. Very pleasant work environment with room for advancement if you willing to work for it
Ambiente familiar y muy tranquilo
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2017
Aprendí a trabajar con personas de diferentes países y a tener contactos con los gueses. Los compañero todos se lleven bien como una familia
Poor place to work at.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 6, 2017
Management wasn't well put together. Poor support of employees. No HR present on property. A lot of questions and no answer from management or company.
Ok work place it has it days but what job doesnt.
Carpet Installer Helper (Sub Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 19, 2017
Just learn to adapt it gets really busy on the weekends sense it's a hotel have to do more work then the job title says alot of the time but good employees make the day go past alot quicker people always calling out but you can get more hours.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
People call out alot
Horrible employer
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 7, 2017
Being employed here was the worst experience I've had on a job so far. they would train you one way and then contradict everything that they told you to do. It was horrible.
front desk
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 4, 2017
I was very happy to have worked there and feel there is a great support system there. Great place to work. Most importantly great employees to work with.
Productive Workplace
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2017
A typical work day, included trips to downtown as well as the strip district..It gave me a chance to interact with different people, and transport them wherever they need to go..
Pros
Interacting with frequent guests
Cons
Running late
Diatary aide
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 13, 2017
Prep cook. I love working there meeting and talk to new people.. Hearing there storys always brought me joy.. Prep the food. And also a dishwasher
Extremely bad management
Houseperson & Laundry (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 21, 2017
When I worked there it was long, grueling hours compared to the pay I got. The management doesn't like to hear any opinions on how to better your experience as well as the customers experience. Higher and lower management are very bias and don't have the people person skills required to work in said field. Lower coworkers were fantastic to work with, just not the management.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay
Cons
Poor management, distance
Fun, energetic, occupying job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
The co workers are helpful enjoyable. Everyday is not the same dealing with the job. You can make your own ways in dealing with your room paste.pushing the cart trying not to number in to walls, getting the job done
Pros
Got discounts
Cons
Sometimes shifts started late
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2016
Very petty and childish no open door policy nothing spoken of in private is private...Not worth the pay Guest Service is the low man on the totem pole no employee appreciation
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no breaks standing for 8 to 12 hours at a time
fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2016
Working with Spring Hill is an fun environment.The guest are fun to interact with and I love meeting new people.I wish it was closer to my home. It is a great place to stay
Pros
Early shift
Cons
Travel
A Day in the life of SpringHill Suites
Room Attendant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 12, 2016
a Typical day at work arrives at 7 am go to office clock in go to the laundry room gather all linens that's required to change go to the supply closet grab all necessary essentials to gather my cleaning cart to begin my route the supervisor provides the clipboard of the rooms assigned to you and you clean them in that order go in pick up trash change linen and bathroom essentials wash and scrub toilet shower and sink. vacuum the floor and dust the window seals and cabinets if necessary the hardest part of my day was mid day right around lunch time I would be out of energy by 12 noon. The best part of my day was mid evening when all rooms were done and it was time for me to clock out.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
I didnt work here long enough to review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 6, 2016
I refuse to review a company that i didnt work very long at. i opt out. refuse to review. this is a pointless part of indeeds job search.
Opportunity for Advancement in this workplace
Administration/Executive Manager Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 26, 2016
A typical work day was busy and interesting. I learned about Management on a larger scale. The co-workers were enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Staff and attending meetings.
fun place, productive.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 14, 2016
it was a fun environment however when in was hired not even 2 days after I received a call saying they couldn't hire me because the other manager had already hired someone but somehow I was rehire able when I started there was definitely too many people working. I believe I was a excellent worker but the manager that had hired me went on vacation or something and the other laid me off I did not receive an actual explanation and I did ask, but for whatever reason they let me go. very unprofessional, and disrespectful.
Pros
Cons
lack of compassion and professionalism
Productive and Satisfactory
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 22, 2016
Be employed at SpringHill Suites was a great and learning experience I loved working with co-workers that have the same vision and mission to provide the best customer service, we all had different ways to provide the best service but at the end, it all worked out to the best for out guest, our Genera Manager was very open to listen to new ideas and strategies to achieve better results.
Overall my experience at SpringHill Suites in Bolingbrook had open other doors where I can implement my knowledge and skills that I had earned.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long distance from home
 General Sales Representative and Night Auditor (front desk associate)
General Sales Representative and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 20, 2016
 Job duties include answering phones, booking reservations, responding to emails and electronic reservations, greeting guests upon entry to the hotel, checking in new guests, checking out guests, answering questions, performing market transactions, and providing any necessary services to ensure a customer’s satisfaction.
Assisting in electrical projects (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 10, 2015
General maintenance of rooms and other areas. Room for advancement. Some days busier than others. Must be able to multitask and must have a wide range of knowledge in different areas.