Spring Mountain Treatment Center Employee Reviews

good job
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2017
It was not a hard job but it could at times be very stressful. We dealt with very difficult patients so you never knew what your day would be like.interesting
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
getting called in too much after hours for things that would normally wait til the next day.
horrible place to work and even more horrible to ne a patient
MHT, Front desk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2016
this job will work you like a dog they do not care about labor laws they pay the least out of every other hospital of its kind they claim they are there to help the patients but they just keep them until the insurance runs out and kicks them out with a brown bag full of their items and a 1 day bus pass. They do not care about the people that work for them.The whole job is about kissing the butt of management no matte how horrible you are treated and the patients are treated even worse there is no actual therapy happening there they just sit in a day room watching tv waiting for meds and smoke breaks
Cons
almost no breaks, poor management, poor staff
terribly mismanaged
Cook (Former Employee) –  SaharaAugust 3, 2016
s h what was referre/ lead coofacility all three days, so received no actual training. There was hardly any food in the walkin, manager said the walk in went out on Saturday , so why no food by Monday. I asked other staff repeatedly what I should be doing and all I was told was "sit down; relax; there's hardly enuf work for US to do!" the first day I came in to do a shift on my own I was told go home the big boss wants to talk to you before you start your regular shift. so I came in on that Monday and the big boss proceeded to rip me a new one and say all I did was sit around and I showed no initiative. When I tried to explain to her I basically had no training and so I didn't know what to do, that I knew how to cook but I didn't know their system she called me a liar. Consequently I told her that basically she could take her job and shove it where the sun didn't shine. At the interview before I got the job, I asked the Main Kitchen manager why the company had such terrible reviews as an employer and he said the prior management was bad. Well, the current management must have been trained by the prior management. Worst experience I've ever had.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
terrible management, workers are just cogs in a big chaotic mess.
Productive daily with great team work skills with employees
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2015
Sleep observation of patients in itself very interesting. Working with patients of ages three to eighty three alone is amazing. Knowing the management is working with employees and not against them priceless.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
n/a
Intern at Spring Mountain
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2015
Great place to learn! Very high stress level environment, must have the ability to adjust and maintain focus. I learned case management discharge planning and administration for admitted patients
Mistreatment of patients and staff
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2014
Terrible hospital. Patients are talked down to; most staff only have HS diploma and need the money so few people genuinely love patient care.

Staff are treated horribly by superiors; overworked and demeaned. High turnover rate; a few new staff every month
Pros
Flexible per diem schedule
Cons
no teamwork, unsanitary, micro management
Feels good to see your help paying off
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2014
Supervising patients, and conducting groups to help with their treatment. I learn that communication and listening goes a long way. The co workers share the same goals and all coordinate well together. Seeing patients not progress is hard when you have been working with them. Seeing people progress is the most enjoyable part.
It's a great place to work, and grow in the field of behavioral health
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2014
I was given the opportunity to utilize my skills while learning other skills that is most important the safety measures, management have always treated me with respect and encourage me in the area that I needed to be strong inn.Dedication is my typical day at work supporting our patients and be accountable in every circumstances i learn to be positive as a staff can make a different treating our patients as how we would like to be treated.Life is up and down and some time that's the problem some staff take their problem to work,just like every place else . The hardest part is to get our patients to be accountable, the enjoyable part for me is to see the patients ask for their medication and, those who chose to live and see that recovery process is a joy for me.i love my job
Pros
Need to buy a lunch
Cons
Two 15mts breaks and one 30 mts lunch
Great place to work.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2013
Had a great time working for Spring Mountain Treatment Center.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Job security
Was a great experience working with children and teens with emotional problems.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2013
Face pace, no time to sit down and think. Time went fast. reviewing case history of patients lives very interesting.
not worth the money
case manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2013
poor management, high stress, chaotic work environment, quick burnout
Pros
greath health insurance
Cons
unmanageable work load
Productive busy enviorment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaJuly 31, 2013
I worked hard maintaining a great housekeeping staff, Passed all State and Federal inspection during my tenure, Raised the standard of housekeeping in a Acute behavioral facility.
Gratifying work providing services to clients
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2012
Typical day at work is fun and busy. All staff members work together to provide the best services to our clients that have put their trust in us. I have learned a lot working hands on and having direct contact with patients.
Pros
friendly working environment
Overall a positive place to work.
Staff Nurse/Acute Psych (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2012
Always a busy day with alot of kids to take care of. Stressful at times but we always got all the work done and the patients were always safe and taken care of.
Pros
nice employees
Cons
poor teamwork
Very disorganized no leadership
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  las Vegas NVJune 5, 2012
really did not enjoy this job
no teamwork
no managemet support
Pros
hourly
Cons
no team work or leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spring Mountain Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9