Senior UX Designer for Innovative, Customer-Inspired Assignments
Spring Studio is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to be a key member of the research and design team for a global, innovative research and design client. If you enjoy iterative, collaborative assignments driven by customer research, you’ll enjoy this role. The role may be based out of New York City or San Francisco and involves approximately 15%-20% of mostly domestic travel, depending on the candidate’s location.
Work with the Spring Studio account team as we explore exciting new concepts in digital products in the financial and retail industries. Collaborate with talented UX researchers, domain experts and strategists to uncover customer needs and iterate design solutions. Participate in Design Thinking methodologies by designing, iterating and evolving design materials across multiple quick sprints involving design and user interviews, from concepts to solutions.
Our client runs the innovation lab of a large, international financial services firm that is developing a suite of products in the universal commerce space with a strong focus on mobile/tablet products for consumers, small merchants and large merchants. Our Director of Customer Innovation leads the research effort and works very closely with the designers.
Our perfect candidate has experience:
- Conceptualizing and designing materials for generative and evaluative research, including sketches, wireframes, prototyping and end to end design.
- Collaborating with UX researchers to create research strategy, process flows and testing materials
- Observing and contributing to insights to research sessions. Passionate about customer research in general.
- Exercises and methodologies for translating customer needs and insights into effective design solutions
- Experience with Design Thinking or related methodology using iterative design and research cycles
- Highly skilled with Omnigraffle and sketching (by hand and/or with relevant software)
- Actively contributing to workshops and coming up with ideas and recommendations on the fly
Nice-to-have experience includes:
- Financial / banking industry
- Retail industry
- Mobile experiences / products
- Prototyping tools, such as Axure
Preferred work philosophy and style:
- Passionate about innovation and research
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Excited about leading UX design conversations
- Willing to roll up sleeves
- Able to share works-in-progress, including with clients
Spring Studio is a boutique user experience design consultancy with offices in San Francisco and New York. We design applications, complex web sites and interactive marketing materials, with a strong focus on the Financial Services sector. Our top clients include a large investment firm, a large bank and a large credit card company. We have a user-centered design approach, and believe that research is an integral part of creating solutions that truly meet user needs.
To apply, please submit your resume via either our "Careers" link from our main site at www.springstudio.com or the "Apply" button on this posting.