Spring Venture Group Employee Reviews in United States

Good starter Sales job, but that's about it.
Licensed Agent - Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2016
I write this review as a former employee of the company, who recently moved on to other opportunities. My intention of this review is to give an honest review on my observations as an employee here.

From time to time, I would check the job postings the company listed on their main recruitment websites to see how they were selling the company and the position I was in. Their target is the entry-level employee, or those fresh out of college. While there are a few of the older demographic in the work place, you're typically around people in their early 20's to early 30's.

Your interview will likely consist of a few different rounds. You'll first meet with a couple of the sales managers, then meet with either the CEO or COO. Interviewees are usually greeted with a nice long wait to begin their interview. For some reason, the executives believe this practice to be professional. I found it rather displeasing. Once you make it through your interviews, you will likely be presented an "offer". Before considering their offer, I urge you to read below:

You'll start your days at SVG in training. Typically they train you for just under a month. In training you learn everything about your product, and the sales process they want to instill in you. You'll hit the sales floor with all the knowledge you need, it's experience you lack at that point. Thankfully, the number of calls you make in a day likely exceed what most people in business would make in a month, so your experience learning curve isn't real steep. You learn fast.

Your daily life in the office will
  more... consist of being in a headset talking to "warm" leads. Your interview will lead you to believe that anyone that pops up in front of you is ready to buy their product, but it's not quite that easy. You'll be required to meet quota on a monthly basis, which half the company doesn't hit in any given month. The big marketing dollars go directly to the people who sell on high volume. If you're a mid to low level producer, you won't get any help from the leads you're given.

Management at SVG was one of the larger upsides to the company. The sales managers were ready and willing to help you with whatever they could. Their pay is directly related to how their team would produce, so they wanted you to sell. The downside to management, is that they don't have really any pull. They are just puppets to the executive board, and that's really a shame as there is a lot of talent in the management staff. All managers had been promoted within, so they're all familiar with your job, and speak from experience, which helps.

Compensation at SVG sounds to be extremely fruitful for first year employees. At the time I wrote this review, they were advertising that first year sales reps average 70k/year. I'd say that's quite an exaggeration, and would advise you to not expect that kind of pay in your first year. Prior to the 70k/year claim, they advertised first year sales reps averaged 45-50k per year, which is more in line with what you should realistically expect. Your compensation plan will be very top heavy, so the more you produce, the more you make. However, they do not pay any residuals. Nada. Zilch. You get a one time commission check and from their the Company rakes in your work for the next number of years with no compensation given to you.

Benefits at SVG were a huge downside to this company. It's very apparent that SVG is not so much interested in investing in their employees. The health insurance was nothing to write home about, and you'd be better off searching the marketplace, especially if you have a family. Their 401k had no matching whatsoever, and they never showed any intention of changing that either. Vacation time was fairly generous, but you'll be hesitant to use it because you won't make money if you're not there.

Office atmosphere at SVG was very relaxed. There was not a strict dress code, so you could be comfortable if you felt like it. There's ping pong tables, and beer stocked refrigerators for after work. You'll be required to clock in/out for lunch also.

Overall, if you're interested in getting some sales experience, this is a good place to start. If you're looking for a REAL sales job, where you actually mean something to your clients, your company, and can have some pride in what you do yourself for years to come, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. There might as well be a revolving door with the employees, as the turnover is so high. There's a reason there are constantly ads out there for this company stating they're hiring. Sure, they've grown, but their employees also outgrow them once they have time to settle in, and realize what SVG is all about.
Pros
Sales Managers, Training, Office atmosphere, Co-Workers
Cons
Compensation Plan, Benefits, Saturdays Required, Lack of Advancement Opportunities
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  KCMOMay 3, 2015
great place to work they cater in a great deal and take care of their people. It is a fun a laid back place to work.You get you own ping pong paddle.
Pros
many
Cons
Great work environment with many perks
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2014
CEO, COO, and Management is very involved and they mingle with the employees which doesn't exist in most companies. They really take an interest in the employees. I have the ability to go to the every once in a while appointment in the middle of the day because there is enough work and hours allowed for me to make it up when I need to-very flexible. Company activities throughout the year and month to keep employees engaged and connected with each other.
Pros
flexible work schedule, daily and weekly team goals, employee advisory board, monthly company lunches
Cons
low base, slow to make friends as everyone is working hard
Great for people out of high school!
Sales agent. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2014
This place masks it's horrible benefits and pay with beer on Fridays and outings to sporting events. One of my commission checks was negative $700. Negative $700! Management is frustrated by the owners and are basically stressed out all the time. Their goals are unrealistic and the turnover reflects that. They say they provide you with quality leads, but it's basically cold calling. All in all, I guess it's better than being unemployed.
Pros
beer on friday.
Cons
pay, benefits, leads, management, location and mandatory one weekend a month.
good pay, great incentives, good hours
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2014
Good pay and great coaching. Awesome sales incentives. Tough day sitting waiting for potential clients to answer phone from automatic dialer.
Pros
good pay, good incentives, ping pong table in break room, relaxed environment
Cons
tough to do day in and day out with hours of not talking to any potential buyers.
Awesome Company and Co-Workers!!
Transfer Agent (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 1, 2013
I LOVE this job!! Everyone greets you in the morning. The training is awesome and makes you feel like you are a pro at your job before you even begin!! Management and my Co-Workers are always there to answer questions, help me out and show that they really care about me as a person and not just an employee. This is a company that I love coming to work for everyday!
Pros
stocked fridge, flexible breaks/lunch, care about your "outside work" life
Cons
my only personal con is that i drive an hour to get here....but it's worth it!
Innovative and Dynamic Insurance Agency
Agency Manager for United Medicare Advisors (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
I work at Spring Venture Group because it has taught me more about business and personal development that I could ever have learned in school. I sold on the sales floor for a year before being promoted to start a new department within the agency. The management took time to help me develop myself as a manager and taught me how to use my skills effectively. They are very focused on empowering their employees and making sure they are in a happy work environment. We have a lot of opportunities to make bonuses and sell more products so the sky is the limit with your pay. The best part of working here is having the opportunity to see this company grow and expand into new markets. The worst part about working here is making sure that I keep up with demands and expectations which would be the same as any employer.
Pros
casual workplace with perks such as group lunches, little dress code, flexible hours and sales bonus excursions.
Cons
as long as you work really hard then there aren't any cons.
Great place to be .. not just work!
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
I came to SVG because of the vision and the leadership of the company. I stay here because the employees are valued. It goes beyond "words." As they recognized the skills I have, they allowed me to be in a position better suited for a me, one that I enjoy and can contribute to the overall team success!!
Pros
flexible
Challenging and Creative environment
LIfe Insurance agent (Current Employee) –  Leawood, ksFebruary 28, 2013
Spring Venture Group allow creativity and fun to occur as well as productivity! It’s a place where support is offered from all levels of management, including your own co-workers. I highly recommend this company if you want to succeed in a challenging environment with a creative atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
Life Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Leawood,KsFebruary 28, 2013
Spring Venture Group is a growing company that has a big opportunity for advancement. Sales environment that really takes care of the employees through incentives such as Trips, Sporting event tickets, team building events, Lunch, Dinners and everyone's favorite... Cash. The management staff do a great job of working with the agents to maximize production as well as offing the training needed to succeed.
Pros
advancement opportunity and income oppotunity
Best job I've ever had!
Life insurance agent (Former Employee) –  LeawoodFebruary 28, 2013
Spring Venture has created a friendly environment where coming to work everyday is a pleasure. I enjoy a work hard play hard environment. There is always something fun going on whether it's celebrating a holiday together or spending time outside of work as a group. The compensation is excellent and the job itself is enjoyable. I feel lucky to be a part of this company!
Pros
fun group of people!
Working for SVG has been one of the best experiences of my life
Policy Services (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
This is a growing company that is welcoming to all kinds of people. Professional and fun all at the same time. There is plenty of room for more growth and advancement for anybody willing to work. I would recommend SVG to any one looking to advance their career in sales.
An environment & culture like no other...
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Generation LifeFebruary 28, 2013
A work environment is more than what the break room looks like or the annual golf tourney. Every company says and/or thinks they've got an environment and a culture that is the best. SVG not only provides an environment that is flexible, fun, hard working, success celebrating, and team oriented but also provides leadership that LISTENS to its employees and ACTS on ideas from everyone in order to better our overall career journey. Over 16 years of managing, training, and developing business I can honestly say this is the place to be!
Fun and fast-paced, everyone contributes.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
SVG is a great place to work. The environment is open and fosters high expectations alongside high reward. Everyone's opinions matter and we're all expected to pitch in. If you're looking for a passive career with an easy paycheck (and no professional growth), this is not the place for you.
Pros
friendly and collaborative atmosphere, many contests and company events, investment in employee personal and professional growth
Cons
hours can be long
Great company, great people, great values
Policy Holder Services (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
The people and culture really make this place great. Everyone is open to listen to new ideas and management really encourages open discussion.

I have held 2 positions here and know that this is the company that I want to work with as long as possible. The company really makes you feel like your opinions and ideas matter.
Great company with a great environment.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSFebruary 28, 2013
I've been working at spring since September 2012. I had worked several sales positions before this, and was apprehensive about starting another sales position. However, I couldn't be more happy with my decision to work at Spring. Sales jobs are meant to be competitive, but they make the competitive spirit between employees fun rather than demeaning. The compensation is excellent in my opinion, and it's a great feeling to have a job where you look forward to going to work in the morning. The management and co-workers are the best I've had in my work history.
Best job ever!
Policy Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 28, 2013
I have worked several places, but this job is by far the most unique experience I have had yet. I get along with everyone and the environment is friendly and energetic. I never thought that I could find somewhere to work that is like this. It is laid back and fun and super awesome. The best part is the people that I work with!... and the snacks! Long story short, I love it here!
Pros
ping pong, lunches, snacks, people who work here
Cons
none that i can think of
Best Place I have ever worked..
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 28, 2013
The culture is great. The leadership is great and supportive and maybe the most important part I enjoy is how everyone all gets along and winning behavious are encouraged and rewarded.
Pros
the people
Cons
n/a
Great atmosphere and productive work environment
Policy Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriFebruary 28, 2013
I have only been here for about a month but I really love the atmosphere because there is an equal amount of work and play. Everyone stays productive which makes our job easier and our goals more successful. I still have a lot of help in training and with any questions that arise. Definitely an A+ place to work.
Pros
free lunches, helpful co workers, ability to work from home if need be, lots of social events.
Cons
don't have any as of now.

4.4