Springbrook Employee Reviews

Great place
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJuly 29, 2017
Springbrook brook is a great place to work at I like the hours they make sure that you are comfortable with your hours and they try their best for you
All and all I have a wonderful experience with Springbrook.
Home Aide (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 14, 2017
I recommend Springbrook to anyone that has an abundance of patience and the desire to care for others. This is a job specifically for people that have patience and experience caring for others.
Pros
You work with the individual and or their family and it was always a relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Timesheets are submitted through a website which can be a blessing or a curse.
it's a bad place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 14, 2017
they cared more about dress code policies' rather than the students and people lying on documents. They don't seem to care about staff at all unless you have a degree
Needs better management heard it's better though
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NYJuly 8, 2017
Was good place to work management was terrible while I was there, staff was treated with who brown nosed the best. But it wasn't the worst place I worked.
Cons
Short/no breaks
Fun place to work if you work with the right people
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 7, 2017
After Arriving at work and finding out who I had for the day , I would go into their room and make sure the room was tidy . Sometimes that involved putting clothes away , sweeping,duting and mopping. When the rooms were done , would walk up to the school to pick up the students from their classrooms . After picking up the students , i would help them get their afternoon snack together.. Some students took afternoon medications, sometimes those meds would go with you on an outing, Sometimes The students would go out on outings(Movies,Shopping,Sporting events,concerts,plays, out to dinner , out to snack ,parks) after the outings the night routine would start . The nigh time routine was eating dinner,taking a bath, get changed for bed , taking night medication , having PM snack , brushing teeth then going to bed throughout the day students and staff work together to complete goals of the students . When a goal was completed staff would do paperwork to document that the goal was done for the day or time frame. .After the students were in bed ,staff would sit down and work on paperwork .
I learned that working with young adults with developmental disabilities is both enjoyable but hard work and it takes a certain person that can do this line of work .
The Workplace Culture of Springbrook is like a big family , not every gets along but people work together to get the job done .

The hardest part of the job is not taking the behaviors that the students exhibit personally .
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in someone's
  more... life , by helping them do things on their own .  less
Pros
Going on outings, seeing the students blossom into an Adult
Cons
constantly working at minium staffing, staff favoritism
Not the worst place to work, but not the best either.
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milford, NYJune 3, 2017
Springbook has huge management problems. They seek to expand the company, but can't properly handle what they currently have. They expect employees to be on-call, ready to come in whenever they call for a need, but don't compensate employees well for this demand. Springbrook management often has many unrealistic expectations for employees. Management is also detached from the needs of their clients. The residents seemed to be viewed as cash cows by management. Management doesn't seem to care about their well-being. Management tries to impose things on them that don't help, and hinder their well being.

On the bright side, shortly before I left, I heard the company was planning to increase the pay of their employees.
Pros
One free meal every shift. Great relationships with wonderful clients.
Cons
Poor management practices.
Making a Difference Every Day
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NY 13820May 23, 2017
Being myself as a positive role model and councilor for children with needs. Expanding my knowledge in providing growth for children of all ages with special needs.
Pros
Personal and Professional Growth
Cons
Politics
hi
Residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYApril 23, 2017
A typical day at work is taking care of people
learned patience, house hold skills and much more
work place culture is ok
hardest part of the job is dealing with people when they are super upset sometimes. and staffing
most enjoyable is spending time with the residents they really make you enjoy life.
Official response from Springbrook
April 24, 2017

Springbrook thanks you for the time you spend and patience you have with our individuals receiving services. They are the most important part of what we do everyday. Thank you.

Excellent Pay and Benefits
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 6, 2017
Although there may be times that staffing is an issue, working with the residents is the most important aspect of the job. I love working with the residents. Springbrook offers increases every year and has not increased benefit costs for at least the last 2 years. We just received significant increases. New staff are starting at $11.50 per hour minimum. Springbrook seems to keep trying to offer pay and benefits that will attract new employees and hopefully keep current employees as that does become an issue with morale in the houses.
Pros
pay, benefits, residents
Cons
extra hours
workplace
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 20, 2017
don't really have anything to say. wasn't the worst place I worked for. The house manager was horrible though. the consumers were the best part of the job.
Always On your toes
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 14, 2017
Can be organized at times, 24/7 facility makes it hard on your own personal life, promises are never kept, stressful work environment, somewhat people friendly, management tries their best
Cons
no breaks, short staffed most of the times, promises are never kept
Supportive and structured learning environment
Teacher's Assistant and Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Overall this position has been a great learning experiencing. Day to day job requirements included developing creative activities and implementing goal work with unique individuals with varying levels of autism. Working with each of these amazing individuals required a working knowledge of lesson plans, individualized protection plans, behavior intervention plans and mealtime plans. Medication administration was also a significant part of the position and certification is required. First aid certification and SCIP-R behavioral intervention technique certification. The extensive training and skilled staff taught me many valuable skills However, the most significant learning experience was working with each of the individuals that are a part of the Springbrook program.
Pros
good benefits, extensive skill training
Cons
high injury rate, aggressive behaviors, extensive mandated hours
Working while making the childrens happy.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I spend my day taking care of the individuals in every aspect. I feed them, bath them and give them medication. I also take them to medical appointments and entertainment outings.
Pros
Seeing the kids smile and happy after completing a task with them.
Cons
A lot of physical and mental work.
The Individuals You Care For Are Great
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 6, 2017
The residents that live at Springbrook were an absolute not to work with. They become a part of your life in a much bigger way than you'd ever anticipate. Three days off, depending on your shift, is nice too. That's where the positives end. In my time at Springbrook I saw the agency evolve from one that cares about the staff and the residents that lived there to one that cared about nothing but the bottom line. Cutting positions, mandating already overworked staff to work 16+ hour shifts. Over working the nursing staff to the point of tears (saw this on multiple occasions.) The roles of supervisors and team leaders aren't clearly defined so the buck keeps getting passed around. Issues that are brought up are swept under the rug. Controlled medications go missing and instead of looking into it excuses are made, scenarios are invented and it is swept under the rug. Complaints are ignored regularly. Supervisors schedule their staff to work 16+ hour shifts so they don't have to work more than 8. This agency puts on a good face with their gala each year to raise money. They control which individuals they take care of are allowed at that gala. Better believe it's not somebody that is loud or may, god forbid, drool. No, they want the most presentable people only. Oh, I once worked a 24 hour shift there by myself too. Avoid this place. If you do get a job there always be looking for something else.
Pros
The residents, benefits
Cons
Management, administration, organization, communication
have to have a certain personality to work here
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 4, 2017
It takes a certain kind of person to do this job, if you are in it just for a paycheck you will not be able to do this for long. You get to love the individuals you work for but the environment can be very challenging.
Pros
free meals if you work in the homes.
Cons
you get mandated to work overtime a lot. no lunch and very few breaks if you work inthe homes.
Fantastic environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Interning at Springbrook was such an enjoyable experience. I've built relationships with members of the staff and the students. I felt so welcomed joining the Springbrook team for a semester. I wish I lived closer so that I could've applied for an actual position on their team.
Decent
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, NYDecember 30, 2016
A decent place to work gives u benefits and I work nights so its quiet for the most part Kids sleep I just have to clean and watch tv to stay awake
Pros
good job
Cons
not alot of sleep
Fun, satisfying and growing!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 2, 2016
Wonderful place to work if you are willing to work hard and stay positive. Person-centered culture and all of the focus is and should be on the individuals we serve. Love the vision and where this company is headed. So exciting! Would highly recommend. It is all what you put into it here, YOU can make a difference!
Pros
great pay, wonderful people, super benefits
productive but a lot of hard work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYApril 7, 2016
Working at Spring brook I learned a lot. I learned how to interact with residents different needs and it made me realize they are human being and deserve to be treated with dignity and understanding.
Pros
Ive had a lot of fun working with the residents
Cons
Needs to be more organized
I enjoy working with disable clients
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Earlville, NYDecember 9, 2015
I work 1pm to 9pm and work with two other employee's, I take care of three gentlemen with disabilities. I enjoy coming in working with the guys but the hardest part is well really there is no hard part. I enjoy working with my co-workers, we work as a team so we can get things done for the evening. I would like to move around to different positions but nothing yet.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springbrook. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval