Springfield Clinic Employee Reviews

Great doctors, but hard to push change from my experience.
Radiology Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time working here. The doctors are great to go to with any concerns along with management from my experience. Although it was hard for us to try to get any change done to make customer experience better. Pay rates are average, increases low, but reviews for me I always felt were fair. It was hard at time to get time off for doctors appointments, etc. for my kids because the offices I worked in were so small and I always felt like the same people always got to hog time off. Unfortunately this happens everywhere though so you just have to do your best an focus on your work and not let any little things bother you.
Pros
great doctors to work for, training educators are awesome to deal with
Cons
limited time off, lower income, minimal pay raises
productive and enjoyable place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 21, 2015
Worked with a great staff , doing numerous jobs throughout the day. Enjoyed patient interaction and co-workers. We worked positions such as receptionist, front desk, cashier, multi-line phone reception. Most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and patients.
Pros
weekday hours, no weekends
Success at Work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work is spent busy answering patient phone calls and helping each one in the way according to their individual needs. I need to be able to calm the patient and reassure them and remain positive and upbeat. The hardest part of my job is not being able to answer the medical questions I am asked because I don't have the medical degree required. I enjoy being able to help a patient to accomplish their goal of their call, whether it be getting that pain med refill, moving an appointment up or making numerous attempts to track down the busy nurses. The variety of personalities keep my position challenging and fun together.
Pros
I take 1 call at a time to ensure quality care for each patient.
Cons
It sometimes takes a bit of time to complete the patient appointment.
Always ahead of the game
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
I've been working at Springfield Clinic for over 5 years now. Management is great! I love how the Clinic always stays ahead in the area of technology and leads the way.
Pros
No call, paid holidays, great benefits
fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 6, 2015
I love springfield clinic. It is a fun place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great career. I love it it is great
Great place to work - good place to help people in need
Receptionist-Prompt Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield IllinoisAugust 5, 2015
At this company - I assisted patients and entered their information into company's database. I verified insurance and personal information to match the correct patient found in the database. After verifiying pertinent information, including reason for being seen, I collected any co-pays necessary reflected by their particular insurance. I also verified to make sure the patient's insurance would cover their visit for the day. I was involved in pre-assessing the patient and alerting staff if the patient was in a state of emergency or needed assistance. At the end of the day, I was responsible for collecting and counting my cash drawer to balance with what was entered into the database. I was responsible for closing the office which included cleaning, locking up particular areas of the office.
Pros
Customer contact, sense of helping people
Cons
Work hours and very stagnant times of no patients
Sprinfield Clinic
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJuly 28, 2015
I loved this job. Sadly, it was only a temporary job, but it was a very relaxed environment where I could focus on getting my work done and coming home to my family. I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Friendly Staff, experience
Cons
Temporary Job
This was a change from Hospital setting to a Priviate setting
Medical Techologist and Supervisor of Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 22, 2015
This was my second job out of training. And a different setting. Working much closes with the Drs. and they were always ready to assist and make sure all of my question about testing was answered.
Pros
Nice group of Drs.
Productive work place
Orthopedic/Podiatry/Rheumatology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 1, 2015
A typical work day would start out by completeing insurance referrals, completing outreach return, and checking in patients. Throughout my day i will perfrom multiple tasks such as refill requests as well as obtaining medical records. During my time at Springfield Clinic I have became very noligable with insurance. I have also gained knowledge dealing with billing medical claims. Throughout
Pros
Health and Dental Benefits as well as great hours
A great business if interested in the growing field of healthcare.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2015
A typical day for me starts with logging in to a skill set. This keeps track of how long it takes me to answer a call, process a call, hold times, not ready times and also breaks and lunch times. I am the person patients, doctors, and others speak with when they call our department. The hardest thing about my job is not letting factors that are out of my control effect how I do my job. With that said, I enjoy challenges and everyday presents something new that I have to deal with and learn from.

I have learned many things from being a call center specialist. I have learned how to be a better listener and the importance of being as accurate and as detailed as my job allows when taking information.

Management is always willing to improve as we all are. They have a even greater desire to make sure I have the tools I need to be successful in my day to day job.
Pros
Minimum supervision, access to the doctors and nurses on site.
Cons
Short staffed, changing health benefits, wage could be higher.
A really good place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 4, 2015
I was an intern from 8-5 Monday thru Friday. The staff is really nice and willing to help new people. I really enjoyed interacting with the patients.
Very high turn over in employment stability
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me was comfortable and fun. I learned patience and understanding during my time within SC call center. My coworkers helped to make the days easier by helping out when needed (if available). The hardest part of my job was being overwhelmed with incoming calls with very little help from staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with genuine, fun, loving coworkers who cared about my best interest.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
only major holidays off
Fast paced and always busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 26, 2015
When I got to work I would find out what office I would be working at, I would do anything from assisting in surgical procedures to putting patients into the rooms and doing vitals on them and if they were diabetic I would check their blood sugar. I would schedule testing the Dr. ordered,I would do charting, I would draw labs and call in prescriptions to the pharmacy.I learned to be very versatile as each Dr. I worked for did things differently. Management was wonderful very understanding,always willing to help in such a professional manner. I don't feel there was anything to consider hard. I loved working in different settings and different specialties. I experienced so much and made me more adaptable to situations.
Pros
having experienced so much
n/a
FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 25, 2014
File charts, pull charts, take charts to the doctors and nurses the need them, and file paper work in the charts.
growing company
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  springfield, ILAugust 7, 2014
will continue to grow, loved being a respiratory care practitioner and performing pulmonary function tests on patients.
Great work enviroment, dedicated to patient satisfaction
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day was coming in and seeing all the patients ready to be seen.
I currently receive patients at a walk-in medical clinic; I confirm all demographic information using the EHR system.
Receptionist Prompt Care (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 10, 2014
Prompt Care has several locations for our patients' convenience, I work at 2 different locations here in Springfield. The knowledge that I am able to help people get on the road to recovery is very satisfying, even if it is just by showing the respect they deserve and a smile to greet them as they check in.

I have learned a lot about affording respect and dignity to all clients from all economic levels; I have also learned a great deal about the insurance industry and the variables involved in how and what will be covered by the insurance plans.

This department is full of very dedicated, hard working and loyal staff members from the doctors to the receptionists.
Job Security
Information Technology-Business Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 27, 2014
I have learned a lot with computers, servers, data, creating user profiles. Get along with all of my coworkers.
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
management
I have enjoyed the great opportunity of working at home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2014
My job is at home which I enjoy since I can take care of my children and not have them go to day care before and after school. I am very productive working at home.
Pros
work at home
Cons
job taken over by another company, pay scale low
Fun and challenging place to work.
Medical Transcription (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 12, 2014
I have learned a lot of new specialties and have enjoyed my job there very much. It is quite a challenge. All of my co-workers are great to work with. Unfortunately, after almost 28 years it is coming to an end because of technology. Transcriptionists are no longer needed because of voice activation.
Pros
enjoyed learning new things and specialities.
Cons
actually do no have any.