Springfield Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent communication, great place to work
therapist mental health (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2016
The culture is imbedded in everything they do. They treat the staff like they treat the patients. The management is concerned about the treatment of the staff and it makes for a great place to work.
Pros
positive culture, consistent raises
Best days behind them.
Recently retired (Former Employee) –  Corporate facilityMarch 16, 2016
While this used to be great place to work it's really gone downhill lately. Anyone applying here should really talk to current employees and not management for real expectations.
Pros
Fast growing
Cons
Lack of great culture and doing the right thing.
Always ahead of the game
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
I've been working at Springfield Clinic for over 5 years now. Management is great! I love how the Clinic always stays ahead in the area of technology and leads the way.
Pros
No call, paid holidays, great benefits
A great business if interested in the growing field of healthcare.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2015
A typical day for me starts with logging in to a skill set. This keeps track of how long it takes me to answer a call, process a call, hold times, not ready times and also breaks and lunch times. I am the person patients, doctors, and others speak with when they call our department. The hardest thing about my job is not letting factors that are out of my control effect how I do my job. With that said, I enjoy challenges and everyday presents something new that I have to deal with and learn from.

I have learned many things from being a call center specialist. I have learned how to be a better listener and the importance of being as accurate and as detailed as my job allows when taking information.

Management is always willing to improve as we all are. They have a even greater desire to make sure I have the tools I need to be successful in my day to day job.
Pros
Minimum supervision, access to the doctors and nurses on site.
Cons
Short staffed, changing health benefits, wage could be higher.
Success at Work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work is spent busy answering patient phone calls and helping each one in the way according to their individual needs. I need to be able to calm the patient and reassure them and remain positive and upbeat. The hardest part of my job is not being able to answer the medical questions I am asked because I don't have the medical degree required. I enjoy being able to help a patient to accomplish their goal of their call, whether it be getting that pain med refill, moving an appointment up or making numerous attempts to track down the busy nurses. The variety of personalities keep my position challenging and fun together.
Pros
I take 1 call at a time to ensure quality care for each patient.
Cons
It sometimes takes a bit of time to complete the patient appointment.
fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 6, 2015
I love springfield clinic. It is a fun place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great career. I love it it is great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 18, 2016
good starting job to gain experience

learn how to work with patients

learn to provide customer service

enjoy patient interaction

working with physicians
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
productive and enjoyable place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 21, 2015
Worked with a great staff , doing numerous jobs throughout the day. Enjoyed patient interaction and co-workers. We worked positions such as receptionist, front desk, cashier, multi-line phone reception. Most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and patients.
Pros
weekday hours, no weekends
Productive work place
Orthopedic/Podiatry/Rheumatology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 1, 2015
A typical work day would start out by completeing insurance referrals, completing outreach return, and checking in patients. Throughout my day i will perfrom multiple tasks such as refill requests as well as obtaining medical records. During my time at Springfield Clinic I have became very noligable with insurance. I have also gained knowledge dealing with billing medical claims. Throughout
Pros
Health and Dental Benefits as well as great hours
Great place to work - good place to help people in need
Receptionist-Prompt Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield IllinoisAugust 5, 2015
At this company - I assisted patients and entered their information into company's database. I verified insurance and personal information to match the correct patient found in the database. After verifiying pertinent information, including reason for being seen, I collected any co-pays necessary reflected by their particular insurance. I also verified to make sure the patient's insurance would cover their visit for the day. I was involved in pre-assessing the patient and alerting staff if the patient was in a state of emergency or needed assistance. At the end of the day, I was responsible for collecting and counting my cash drawer to balance with what was entered into the database. I was responsible for closing the office which included cleaning, locking up particular areas of the office.
Pros
Customer contact, sense of helping people
Cons
Work hours and very stagnant times of no patients
Fast paced and always busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 26, 2015
When I got to work I would find out what office I would be working at, I would do anything from assisting in surgical procedures to putting patients into the rooms and doing vitals on them and if they were diabetic I would check their blood sugar. I would schedule testing the Dr. ordered,I would do charting, I would draw labs and call in prescriptions to the pharmacy.I learned to be very versatile as each Dr. I worked for did things differently. Management was wonderful very understanding,always willing to help in such a professional manner. I don't feel there was anything to consider hard. I loved working in different settings and different specialties. I experienced so much and made me more adaptable to situations.
Pros
having experienced so much
This was a change from Hospital setting to a Priviate setting
Medical Techologist and Supervisor of Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 22, 2015
This was my second job out of training. And a different setting. Working much closes with the Drs. and they were always ready to assist and make sure all of my question about testing was answered.
Pros
Nice group of Drs.
Sprinfield Clinic
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJuly 28, 2015
I loved this job. Sadly, it was only a temporary job, but it was a very relaxed environment where I could focus on getting my work done and coming home to my family. I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Friendly Staff, experience
Cons
Temporary Job
Very high turn over in employment stability
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work for me was comfortable and fun. I learned patience and understanding during my time within SC call center. My coworkers helped to make the days easier by helping out when needed (if available). The hardest part of my job was being overwhelmed with incoming calls with very little help from staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with genuine, fun, loving coworkers who cared about my best interest.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
only major holidays off
Job Security
Information Technology-Business Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 27, 2014
I have learned a lot with computers, servers, data, creating user profiles. Get along with all of my coworkers.
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
management
Depends on department you are employed in
Office Nurse - LPN (Former Employee) –  Main Campaus, Pavillion, JacksonvillleAugust 13, 2012
I was employed with the clinic for a little over 6 years, great thing that you can advance, most of the time. Benefits are decent, nothing spectacular, although they promise you a "cost of living increase" every year, but it has been 2 years since the last one for the nursing staff. They do not follow their own policies and procedures. Many departments within the clinic are problematic, and looking from the outside you are able to transfer out, but your manager can stop the transfer if they desire. There is no one willing to help you in administration. You can file a grievence, but it does no good. And if you find something the clinic is doing wrong, legally, morally, or ethically, if they think you will report it, you will be fired as soon as they can, and for bogas reasons. For the most part the doctors are great (by the way, the providers (doctors) are the "partners" of the clinic on paper, but the clinic says you work for the clinic, not the doctors.) over the 6 years I was there, more and more decisions were taken away from the doctors, and "the clinic" now dictates how they are to run their office, and its getting worse by the day. The fellow co-workers are great, and they still have a few good managers, but they are weeding out anyone who has been there any length of time, possibly due to the cost of keeping these employees and their benefits compared to hiring a new graduate.
Pros
some flexibility in schedual, and the co-workers
Cons
clinic does not follow their own policies & procedures
A wonderful thriving business focused on the healthcare of community
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2014
I have nothing but respect for this Company..the chance to expand and grow..the benefits are top shelf..my bosses were always fair and I love caring for the patients...feel very lucky to have been a part of this...
Pros
the benefits are invaluable
Cons
my only con is a personal one..i would love to still be employed by springfield clinic
A really good place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 4, 2015
I was an intern from 8-5 Monday thru Friday. The staff is really nice and willing to help new people. I really enjoyed interacting with the patients.
excellent training and professionalism, patient motivated, state of the art facilities
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 29, 2013
I worked in the Ob/Gyn Department of
Springfield Clinic 1st. Our department had 16 providers - including nurse practioners. Each day the department would see 200-275 patients and I was one of three front desk receptionist checking in and verifing patient information which includes updating insurance and taking copays as well as payments. I Worked closely with nurses to insure all information is accurate and current. Kept communication open between doctors and patients on status of appointment times. Answered telephone calls and directed them to appropriate area. Scheduled follow up appointments for patients leaving and also called patients to confirm up coming appointments.
Kept front office appealing and welcoming so patients feel comfortable and confident in the professional service they were to receive.
I increased my knowlege of customer service and honed my ability when working in a fast paced office.
Management was supportive and open to my suggestions on how to improve patient flow and to improve the patient experience.
My co-workers varied with personalities and back grounds as any office would be. I feel we pulled together and created a professional atmosphere for employees and patients.
The most difficult part of the job was comforting the patient who had received disappointing news from the doctor and feeling her dispair, knowing nothing you said or did can make it better.
Best part of the job was when a patient expressed their confidence in me and when they would wait for me to check them in. Also when they would compliment me to their provider. Then you know you're
  more... doing a great job!  less
Pros
great benifits, and working conditions
Cons
i had to travel 45 minutes to work. but was worth it.
I currently receive patients at a walk-in medical clinic; I confirm all demographic information using the EHR system.
Receptionist Prompt Care (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 10, 2014
Prompt Care has several locations for our patients' convenience, I work at 2 different locations here in Springfield. The knowledge that I am able to help people get on the road to recovery is very satisfying, even if it is just by showing the respect they deserve and a smile to greet them as they check in.

I have learned a lot about affording respect and dignity to all clients from all economic levels; I have also learned a great deal about the insurance industry and the variables involved in how and what will be covered by the insurance plans.

This department is full of very dedicated, hard working and loyal staff members from the doctors to the receptionists.