Springfield Clinic Employee Reviews

loved this job
File Clerk Float (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 4, 2017
this job was one of my favorites . in a typical day i would wait on 200 people . I would make deposits ,count change,help customers with their accounts, process with draws . my boss was kind and helpful and we got along well. the hardest part of the job was when it was cold out and the doors opened when customers came in the bank . i would get really cold. the most enjoyable part was being able to help those who didnt understand how banking worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
n/a
Poorly Managed
Business Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, ILApril 2, 2017
HR dept is a complete joke. Favoritism plays a big role at Springfield Clinic. It is all how long you been there and who you know. There is a lot of bullying in my area that doesn't get resolve. Problems just get swept under the rug.
Too many managers, no loyalty to workers
Telenurse Intake (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 31, 2017
If you want a job that cares about its employees, avoid Springfield Clinic. I had 4 fat bosses who did nothing but sit in their office and waddle out every once in a while to go to the bathroom. As a peon, you will be overworked, underpaid, and the Key SC health insurance sucks. Management is known for making up lies. This place is going downhill because they are all about money, and not about the patients. For example, if you are poor and on IDPA, Springfield Clinic will no longer accept you as a patient because the state of Illinois owes the clinic money. Who suffers...the patients.
Pros
When you leave
Cons
Lack of pay, overworked, environment is just like "Office Space".
Empty Promises
ROI Specialsit/ Float receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Went to them with problems several times, nothing gets fixed. Several employees are unhappy. Also while on fmla, they ignored my questions and calls.
Company with no loyalty to employees
Healthcare Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 5, 2017
No loyalty to hard working, long term employees. Too many managers and supervisors and not enough actual workers. Benefits are good; insurance recently changed and is not as great, but still a decent plan.
Calm environment with Monday-Friday healthcare hours
Radiology Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 17, 2016
This has been a wonderful place to work and they like to promote from within. Slow pace and great management staff. Most staff love their jobs which creates a very passive environment to work in. Vacation time in minimal to start (2 weeks) and does not increase to 3 weeks until you have been employed for 7 years. They offer profit sharing to staff that is placed into an IRA for you once a year that is a substantial bonus.
Pros
Positive environment and staff the enjoys coming to work.
Cons
Vacation befits are minimal and the pay is the lowest in the area.
Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work
Great work flow
Great management
A lot of advancement opportunities
Loved waking up everyday to go to this job
Wonderful company to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62703September 1, 2016
I loved working for Springfield Clinic and would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid career path. Very competitive salary and the benefits were nice.
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 14, 2016
Do not work in customer service it has become the worst place to work. The atmosphere is horrible. The employees are nice but management is awful. The Clinic used to be about its employees now it's about money.
Pros
Ok raises and time off
Cons
Poor management no communication
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 18, 2016
good starting job to gain experience

learn how to work with patients

learn to provide customer service

enjoy patient interaction

working with physicians
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Best days behind them.
Recently retired (Former Employee) –  Corporate facilityMarch 16, 2016
While this used to be great place to work it's really gone downhill lately. Anyone applying here should really talk to current employees and not management for real expectations.
Pros
Fast growing
Cons
Lack of great culture and doing the right thing.
Excellent communication, great place to work
therapist mental health (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2016
The culture is imbedded in everything they do. They treat the staff like they treat the patients. The management is concerned about the treatment of the staff and it makes for a great place to work.
Pros
positive culture, consistent raises
Cons
Great doctors, but hard to push change from my experience.
Radiology Scheduler/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time working here. The doctors are great to go to with any concerns along with management from my experience. Although it was hard for us to try to get any change done to make customer experience better. Pay rates are average, increases low, but reviews for me I always felt were fair. It was hard at time to get time off for doctors appointments, etc. for my kids because the offices I worked in were so small and I always felt like the same people always got to hog time off. Unfortunately this happens everywhere though so you just have to do your best an focus on your work and not let any little things bother you.
Pros
great doctors to work for, training educators are awesome to deal with
Cons
limited time off, lower income, minimal pay raises
productive and enjoyable place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 21, 2015
Worked with a great staff , doing numerous jobs throughout the day. Enjoyed patient interaction and co-workers. We worked positions such as receptionist, front desk, cashier, multi-line phone reception. Most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and patients.
Pros
weekday hours, no weekends
Success at Work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work is spent busy answering patient phone calls and helping each one in the way according to their individual needs. I need to be able to calm the patient and reassure them and remain positive and upbeat. The hardest part of my job is not being able to answer the medical questions I am asked because I don't have the medical degree required. I enjoy being able to help a patient to accomplish their goal of their call, whether it be getting that pain med refill, moving an appointment up or making numerous attempts to track down the busy nurses. The variety of personalities keep my position challenging and fun together.
Pros
I take 1 call at a time to ensure quality care for each patient.
Cons
It sometimes takes a bit of time to complete the patient appointment.
Always ahead of the game
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 13, 2015
I've been working at Springfield Clinic for over 5 years now. Management is great! I love how the Clinic always stays ahead in the area of technology and leads the way.
Pros
No call, paid holidays, great benefits
fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 6, 2015
I love springfield clinic. It is a fun place to work. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great career. I love it it is great
Great place to work - good place to help people in need
Receptionist-Prompt Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield IllinoisAugust 5, 2015
At this company - I assisted patients and entered their information into company's database. I verified insurance and personal information to match the correct patient found in the database. After verifiying pertinent information, including reason for being seen, I collected any co-pays necessary reflected by their particular insurance. I also verified to make sure the patient's insurance would cover their visit for the day. I was involved in pre-assessing the patient and alerting staff if the patient was in a state of emergency or needed assistance. At the end of the day, I was responsible for collecting and counting my cash drawer to balance with what was entered into the database. I was responsible for closing the office which included cleaning, locking up particular areas of the office.
Pros
Customer contact, sense of helping people
Cons
Work hours and very stagnant times of no patients
Sprinfield Clinic
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJuly 28, 2015
I loved this job. Sadly, it was only a temporary job, but it was a very relaxed environment where I could focus on getting my work done and coming home to my family. I really enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Friendly Staff, experience
Cons
Temporary Job
This was a change from Hospital setting to a Priviate setting
Medical Techologist and Supervisor of Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 22, 2015
This was my second job out of training. And a different setting. Working much closes with the Drs. and they were always ready to assist and make sure all of my question about testing was answered.
Pros
Nice group of Drs.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springfield Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval